I wonder how many people here would actually vote to decriminalize weed in Nebraska. All your kids are getting it from Colorado anyway. Might as well keep it in house!

IIRC Nebraska was one of the first 5 states to decriminalize marijuana. It is currently only punishable by UP TO $300 fine, for possession of under 1 oz. However, Marijuana is NOT legal in NE. There is a big difference between the two.

Edit: Florida, on the other hand, has not decriminalized marijuana.

Per what's going on, the reason for firing is also due to breach of contract, since his contract includes terms forbidding any involvement with illegal drugs (use, possession, sale, manufacture) so it appears this was simply FAU's ticket to firing him without having to pay him more.

No university is going to retain a coach who gets caught smoking weed. I'm pretty sure about that one.

Per what's going on, the reason for firing is also due to breach of contract, since his contract includes terms forbidding any involvement with illegal drugs (use, possession, sale, manufacture) so it appears this was simply FAU's ticket to firing him without having to pay him more.

No university is going to retain a coach who gets caught smoking weed. I'm pretty sure about that one.

Explain Will Muschamp. NAILED IT! woo

If that was the case, it was a good move by FAU. Now, they can get a new coach and continue being the perennial powerhouse they've always been.

I live in Florida. I don't smoke weed, but have no problem with anyone who does.

A few friends of mine, when busted, were just given citations and told to appear or pay a fine. None of them were "driven off in the back of a squad car".

What the heck is really going on here?

I live in Florida. I don't smoke weed, but have no problem with anyone who does.

A few friends of mine, when busted, were just given citations and told to appear or pay a fine. None of them were "driven off in the back of a squad car".

His contract with the school strictly prohibits his use of illegal drugs (no matter how illicit). He violated this contract, he got caught, he resigned.

His contract with the school strictly prohibits his use of illegal drugs (no matter how illicit). He violated this contract, he got caught, he resigned.

Understood, but an earlier post said one or both were taken away by the police. That seems very unusual.