Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

Not this again :facepalm:

Can we please stop talking about Scott Frost being the guy? Some of us actually want to treat the issue of Bo's replacement seriously.

I'm not against considering coordinators or those without prior HC experience but I think there has been plenty of evidence already presented in a plethora of threads (over 500 on HB alone if I'm not mistaken) as to why it shouldn't be Frost.

Inexperience as head coach is the only reason I've seen. Which can be be a good reason, but can also be a non-issue as long as he brings with him a solid plan and solid coaching staff.

Inexperience all the way around and he's flat out not qualified to be a Head Coach at a BCS school.

. He knows the Husker way.

Some with firsthand knowledge of the situation when he was offered the Co-OC job here would argue with you here.

That's all that you focused on? I said other things too. LOL :dumdum

Bo's resume at the time he was hired was clearly better than Frost's. Bo has coached with, and consulted with a very impressive list of coaches as well. If you are looking for someone to get us to "the next level" it isn't Frost. The only reason people even think he's a decent candidate is because he played two years here. Do I think he's going to be a good head coach some day? Yes I do. If we chose to make a change this year should he be on our short list? Under no circumstances unless nobody else wants the job. Which I could actually see.

Gotcha. No worries my friend, we'll just disagree. :cheers I really have nothing else on the subject other than why I would gladly like him here. See post #38 & #41

If you count Frosts years playing in the NFL as experience, they each have ~12 years of Coaching/NFL playing experience.

Playing is not equivalent to coaching. Major difference between the two.

Exactly there are benefits to both. Pelini has never played a down of pro football. That's something I'd give Frost a plus for. Experience is experience and both can help you coach.

. He knows the Husker way.

Some with firsthand knowledge of the situation when he was offered the Co-OC job here would argue with you here.

That's all that you focused on? I said other things too. LOL :dumdum

Bo's resume at the time he was hired was clearly better than Frost's. Bo has coached with, and consulted with a very impressive list of coaches as well. If you are looking for someone to get us to "the next level" it isn't Frost. The only reason people even think he's a decent candidate is because he played two years here. Do I think he's going to be a good head coach some day? Yes I do. If we chose to make a change this year should he be on our short list? Under no circumstances unless nobody else wants the job. Which I could actually see.

Gotcha. No worries my friend, we'll just disagree. :cheers I really have nothing else on the subject other than why I would gladly like him here. See post #38 & #41

If a change were to happen, we've gotta take the most calculated risk possible and let's remember it is a huge risk when you talk about replacing someone. If there are changes made we've gotta be very careful here.

Is Husker Nation in need of a gamble or in need of a likely sure thing. Go with the sexy hire over the high risk/potential. The way the fanbase is divided on this keep or fire Bo situation, we need some substance. If we absolutely cannot retain Bo, we need to bring in someone who will attract some recruits, ie. Experience.

First I have a comment then I will answer who I like to see as the next Coach.

Why in the world would we or the team want to make it too the Big Ten title game? Does anyone actually think we could stay within 50 of the Buckeyes? Honestly it would get very ugly, very fast since the Buckeyes would need to prove a point in order to get any consideration in the polls if still undefeated. Who wants another embarrassment!

Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech is a name that no one ever mentions. I think given the athletic budget in place and the Nebraska brand name he could bring in elite talent at running back and elite level dual threat QB. Georgia Tech upsets someone every year and usually are highly competitive. You can't compare apples to apples here, Tech doesn't have elite level status anymore.

Scott Frost is coaching on the West coast where the weather is mostly always warmer. Tressel, though sounds like a great catch, doesn't have the state of Ohio now in his backyard to recruit from so I don't see him doing anything better than what we have already. Need some one who has rebuilt, or has been through a rebuild and can handle big time media and fan bases. Yes, those two guys have been there somewhat, but neither have had to find talent and actually rebuild a program. Yes, who ever takes this job will have to do some rebuilding. Rebuild tradition among former players, rebuild image nationally and repair the damage that has incurred over the last 10 seasons that has never been repaired even though Bo has had modest success.

Why in the world would we or the team want to make it too the Big Ten title game? Does anyone actually think we could stay within 50 of the Buckeyes? Honestly it would get very ugly, very fast since the Buckeyes would need to prove a point in order to get any consideration in the polls if still undefeated. Who wants another embarrassment!

Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech is a name that no one ever mentions. I think given the athletic budget in place and the Nebraska brand name he could bring in elite talent at running back and elite level dual threat QB. Georgia Tech upsets someone every year and usually are highly competitive. You can't compare apples to apples here, Tech doesn't have elite level status anymore.

Welcome hawk. Short answer: I fell asleep watching them play. It's even uglier when they trail by 14 and have to pass. His is offense is suited for running the cadets or air force. Today's style is fast. I'm talking Baylor fast. Texas Tech, Oregon, an electric fun movement.

Welcome to the board.

Paul Johnson has been in an ACC conference that has been wayyyyy down and he's yet to make much noise accept in his first year. If you are looking for a guy to get us to that "next level," PJ isn't it.

Not to mention the talent rich area he coaches in. If he were that guy he wouldn't be scrounging for the scraps from the big boys table.