Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

So, me showing you facts that in my opinion expose that someone isn't qualified to be a Head Coach at a top 25 school is me "knocking down" your thoughts? Alright. I suppose I see your point :dunno

Facts??? Dude, did you see the video?? I'm a fanboy! LOL!! But seriously, he really is on the newcomers preferred coaches list. And he's from friggin Nebraska.

You don't like him. Got it. But why go after so many people about it? Does it bother you that much?

My personal feelings about him don't make him any more qualified and don't cloud my opinion of his current and future coaching ability. His resume is enough proof he AT THIS POINT IN TIME wouldn't be a good hire. Love to be proven wrong if changes are made and he gets the job. But he would be completely set up to fail.

I am okay with you not agreeing. Aside from Pelini doing whatever....who do you like out there? Can you at least put your thought or opinion out there?

1) I have stated multiple times even dating back to last season in Rumorville that I'd take Kirby Smart. Larry Fedora is another name as well. I don't know where you possibly got that I haven't stated that. You clearly haven't read much lately. Both are guys we could get, with a lot more experience than Frost, I hate to break your heart.

2) I am fine with whatever your opinion is of me. Really doesn't matter to me.

3) You like Frost. Fine. I think you are the one currently getting more offended when people don't "align with exactly what you say." You were the one that got out of this world defensive when I have been on here actually having decent conversations with others about it.

4) You are assuming a head coaching change is made. I've spoken almost exclusively in hypothicial situations.

5) Contrary to what you may believe, I've admitted I've been wrong before.

Why Kirby Smart? I know who he is but am I missing something about him? Never heard of Fedora. Forget about me and Frost. That dude is just my dude. I can move on. If there is a long list, a short list, and what not....is it down to just one or two and that's it? I just don't know what those guys can bring and want to know.

1) KS is a DC on the top program of the last decade with recruiting connections all throughout the south. He's been Saban's DC for around 4 years I wanna say. So he's learned from a pretty good head coach.

2) Larry Fedora was the Head Coach at Southern Miss when they went undefeated and he's currently at North Carolina where they have been crippled by sanctions dating back to when Randy Jordan was an asst coach there.

Never one time in this hypothetical coaching search thread have I mentioned off the field honors as a reason to hire/fire anyone. Off the field issues are a part of being a head football coach in college. However, you don't hire a head football coach for the sole reason that he's good at those things.

Ok. I appreciate you doing some explaining about what you like. Those are nice and all. But from my perspective, when Saban screwed the Dolphins as a loser and jetted to the Tide, he took a non-known secondary coach with him. That was KS. Just because they have had success at Bama, some luck, and some favorable rankings when they lose, he really has done nothing but ride the coat tails of a winning team. Okay that might be exaggerated. He's been good. He's been alright. No more, no less. And he is among the highest paid coordinators in the history of college football because of the winning Even A&M scored 40+ on them. On Kirby Smart's defense. So I do not think he is as deserving. D-coordinators are not that valuable as head coaches. They can lose games more than finding ways to win them. And he knows nothing about Nebraska. If he's lucky he might find it on the map. With a dart. And take a bunch of money in the process because of the name Alabama. Fedora? Good for him. North Carolina and Southern Miss suck. I'd keep Pelini over both. For life. But if I want to take a popular risk on becoming a better team/program, I'd do what is necessary and take a kid from Nebraska, that won a championship playing with the Huskers, that has been coaching for over 15 years, currently the OC at Oregon... let me repeat: OREGON....and has even said he loves Nebraska........Kirby and Fedora have never said that. Probably ever. Shoot, just look at post #41 and post#38 of the vid....You mean THAT GUY would love to be the coach of the Huskers? Oh hell yeah! That's a dude that I would take. Outside of it, I'd prolly just stick with Pelini.

I won't say where or by who, but my dad and brother were eating at a small town diner and Scotts parents were in there eating like they do whenever they are in the area, and the owner asked if Scott was going to be coming home soon after the loss to Minny and they just smiled and said it sure would be nice. I know it doesn't mean anything, but it was kind of funny.

• Fire 1

Ok. I appreciate you doing some explaining about what you like. Those are nice and all. But from my perspective, when Saban screwed the Dolphins as a loser and jetted to the Tide, he took a non-known secondary coach with him. That was KS. Just because they have had success at Bama, some luck, and some favorable rankings when they lose, he really has done nothing but ride the coat tails of a winning team. Okay that might be exaggerated. He's been good. He's been alright. No more, no less. And he is among the highest paid coordinators in the history of college football because of the winning Even A&M scored 40+ on them. On Kirby Smart's defense. So I do not think he is as deserving. D-coordinators are not that valuable as head coaches. They can lose games more than finding ways to win them. And he knows nothing about Nebraska. If he's lucky he might find it on the map. With a dart. And take a bunch of money in the process because of the name Alabama. Fedora? Good for him. North Carolina and Southern Miss suck. I'd keep Pelini over both. For life. But if I want to take a popular risk on becoming a better team/program, I'd do what is necessary and take a kid from Nebraska, that won a championship playing with the Huskers, that has been coaching for over 15 years, currently the OC at Oregon... let me repeat: OREGON....and has even said he loves Nebraska........Kirby and Fedora have never said that. Probably ever. Shoot, just look at post #41 and post#38 of the vid....You mean THAT GUY would love to be the coach of the Huskers? Oh hell yeah! That's a dude that I would take. Outside of it, I'd prolly just stick with Pelini.

1) Offensive coordinators are just as worthless compared to head coaches as defensive coordinators

2) Kirby Smart is currently the DC at Alabama...let me repeat: ALABAMA...you know that school that's won THREE national championships in the last 4 years?

3) I hate fanboys.

Please, If we have to get a new coach can we get one who has been one before.

I don't get this. Why are we so willing to take the chance on a coordinator who has zero head coaching experience?

Because there is zero evidence that a hire with head coaching experience is better than a hire without.

If you look at the current BCS Top 25, about exactly half of those coaches are first time head coaches.

Oregon

Stanford

Baylor

Clemson

Oklahoma

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

Just a few examples. For every coordinator turned head coach that failed you point out, I can point out another head coaching hire that was a head coach before and failed. Hell, this should be easy as pie to understand for Nebraska fans. Tom Osborne was never a head coach, but Bill Callahan was.

(p.s. please don't strawman me responding that I'm trying to prove a point by cherrypicking certain instances. I'm not. I'm only countering false points.)

You know the difference between all of those hires and Scott Frost?

They all have had more than 8 games of coordinator experience. I'm sorry, but not only would he be a first time head coach but he hasnt even proven himself as an established coordinator yet. This Scott Frost bandwagon/train is asinine and needs to stop being brought up. I don't want Scott Frost anywhere near the head coaching job at Nebraska. If you want a first time head coach, how about they go after a proven big name guy, not some dude who has Nebraska ties who has taken an offense and continued to run it exactly like the guy before him.

I like Frost and don't know any insider details, but there is no doubt that he would be a risky venture based on his experience so far. Texas Tech could afford to take that same sort of risk with Kliff Kingsbury because Texas Tech is frankly not a high profile program. They got lucky with an up and comer in Mike Leach, and got lucky again when Tuberville temporarily found a place there on the rebound. But Texas Tech is never going to be a program that will expect consistent greatness or to be among college football's elite. Kingsbury was a big gamble who came with goodwill due to his ties to the program, but he very well could have flopped (and hell, it's still way too early to tell).

Nebraska IS one of those elite programs (historically speaking), so we would HOPE that we can pull in someone with a more established resume, after calculating all the risks. Scott Frost would feel good for all of us for the sake of nostalgia and homerism, and I think he would at least deserve an interview, but even though any new coach is going to be a gamble, Frost is still too much of an unknown for a major program like us to take that gamble right now.

Why not have Frost as a HC? I went to school up in Oregon (they are my first team I will say but I am a big Husker fan as well I don't know what I am going to do in 2016 and 2017) and when I heard that he was hired up there I was so excited the kid is young, excited to be a coach, great leader, and knows his stuff. Look every coach has to have a first job sometime I am saying lets take a look at Frost I would put money on it that he would be more then pumped to come back to Lincoln and start up what he was a part of in the 90's. He has had great coaches while he played and while he has coached. Sure Chip is tanking in the NFL but you guys know he can coach a college kid. Look at TT Kingsbury is doing things no one thought he could do with a walk on freshmen. Just think what Frost can do with TA or Johnny Football of the Midwest. He is the OC at Oregon and he is putting up some pretty good numbers so I think they should at least give him a call and talk to him!!!