Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

We really will waste time fighting about anything.

If Frost is hired (I doubt it), he may be great, average or terrible. Hopefully we will all remain Husker fans and support him. Same goes for [insert your favorite candidate] or even [insert your least favorite candidate]. Hopefully we won't let ridiculous online arguments create another rift in the fan base. Do you realize there are still people fostering hatred for each other over the Solich and Callahan firings? And whole communities have formed over this, despite the fact that 99.999% of these people have never met either Solich or Callahan.

Come on, people. If we're going to hate each other, let's at least do it for a good reason (like whether or not we wear black to a football game).

I just want Nebraska to hire Frost because it will really annoy EZ-E.

Annoy me? No. Surprise me? No. Disappoint me? Yes.

Look, here's the thing:

If we were looking for a head coach for next season, what needs to be acknowledged is that it's a very unique situation. These kinds of decisions don't happen with perfect circumstances in a laboratory or a vaccuum, they happen with the hand you're dealt.

Frost's resume, thus far, is stunning, and it's only a matter of time before he gets his shot. Who else on the list has been under the likes of Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcels, Chip Kelly and others? Who else on the list has been a successful (thus far) offensive and defensive coordinator, and rised up the ranks like him? He doesn't have the years, but that's no fault of his.

So would he be the guy? He could be. Don't act like he couldn't. Truthfully, I don't know and neither do you. But, what I do know is that decisions based on fear are bad decisions. So if Eichorst looks at the situation and comes to the conclusion that the only thing making him hesitant about this hire is being scared of failing on a gamble, well that's a bad reason not to hire in my opinion. You can't be afraid of failure, because it just might mean missing out on something superb while settling for something safe.

I'm on your side. When one considers where he's been and what he's done offensively, it's pretty impressive. He was recruited and played for the father of the west coast offense. He played two years under TO running the power game. He's been on Oregon's staff and knows the all popular spread inside and out. Then, we look to what he's done on the defensive side of the ball. Walsh won Super Bowls. I'd assume he knew a thing or two about defense. Frost played defense at Stanford as well. He played defense in the NFL. He's extremely well rounded as far as football is concerned, much more well rounded than Bo is.

I believe it is naive to think Frost isn't on anyone's radar either. Knowing all that Bill Snyder has done for KState, I'd assume they'd give him another shot to name his successor. The first time was a dismal failure, but I'd be willing to bet Snyder is watching what Frost is doing at Oregon considering he used to be on his staff. If Oregon would happen to make the title game and do exceptionally well offensively, I'd bet Frost would get some HC offers.

Here's the biggest problem with Frost. I don't expect an immediate turn around. It would more than likely take more time for him to right the ship than the Husker faithful could stand. I'd even go out on a limb and say it would probably take him close to a decade to make us the contender we want to be. Urban Meyer also isn't going to do any new Husker coach any favors. It's conceivable Ohio State owns the B1G much like they did for quite some time under Tressel.

What do you mean? Husker fans are more than willing to wait.

a couple minutes or so.

HC - Jason Aldean

OC - Luke Bryan

DC - Eric Church

Female fan base would increase, at least.

Perhaps we should try and pick up Kim Kardashian as the HC...recruiting would increase, at least.

I'm sure that'd probably get Carl Pelini back here pretty quick.

Here's the biggest problem with Frost. I don't expect an immediate turn around. It would more than likely take more time for him to right the ship than the Husker faithful could stand. I'd even go out on a limb and say it would probably take him close to a decade to make us the contender we want to be.

Turnaround?