Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

Ok. I appreciate you doing some explaining about what you like. Those are nice and all. But from my perspective, when Saban screwed the Dolphins as a loser and jetted to the Tide, he took a non-known secondary coach with him. That was KS. Just because they have had success at Bama, some luck, and some favorable rankings when they lose, he really has done nothing but ride the coat tails of a winning team. Okay that might be exaggerated. He's been good. He's been alright. No more, no less. And he is among the highest paid coordinators in the history of college football because of the winning Even A&M scored 40+ on them. On Kirby Smart's defense. So I do not think he is as deserving. D-coordinators are not that valuable as head coaches. They can lose games more than finding ways to win them. And he knows nothing about Nebraska. If he's lucky he might find it on the map. With a dart. And take a bunch of money in the process because of the name Alabama. Fedora? Good for him. North Carolina and Southern Miss suck. I'd keep Pelini over both. For life. But if I want to take a popular risk on becoming a better team/program, I'd do what is necessary and take a kid from Nebraska, that won a championship playing with the Huskers, that has been coaching for over 15 years, currently the OC at Oregon... let me repeat: OREGON....and has even said he loves Nebraska........Kirby and Fedora have never said that. Probably ever. Shoot, just look at post #41 and post#38 of the vid....You mean THAT GUY would love to be the coach of the Huskers? Oh hell yeah! That's a dude that I would take. Outside of it, I'd prolly just stick with Pelini.

Fedora went undefeated and had that program rolling. He left for NC after his undefeated year only to find out that they were getting slapped with sanctions. Fedora, with his head coaching experience and him showing he's build a program with very little resources, he'd be better than Frost currently.

KS. I think you are embarrassing yourself with this and your inability to think objectively is baffling. Surely you can see that being a DC at Alabama for over 3 seasons is more impressive and more experience than a guy who has been at Oregon for half a season as an OC. The argument against Smart can be easily made against Frost accept with more validity.

Top 10 level is what I was referring to. I'm really not even sure there is one B1G team this year in top 10 level. Sure, Ohio State will more than likely end in the top 10. However, they play no one. I personally believe there are at least 10 teams that could beat Ohio State. Conference titles are great and all, but they don't necessarily make you a top 10 team just ask the Big East. If Bo is let go and we get a new coach, they will inherit some talent. However, is that talent as good as Ohio State or Michigan? Rivals and Scout would say no. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I see us a lot farther away from becoming elite than most on here. In order for an immediate turn around, we'd have to out recruit everyone in the conference. I don't see anyone out there that would be able to come in here and out recruit Urban Meyer. This only helps us get to the top of the B1G. We have to do that just in order to get in line with everyone else chasing the SEC for a NC.

Fedora went undefeated and had that program rolling. He left for NC after his undefeated year only to find out that they were getting slapped with sanctions. Fedora, with his head coaching experience and him showing he's build a program with very little resources, he'd be better than Frost currently.

I can't find this undefeated season. Where are you looking? 2011? 1 good season, 12-2, with losses to Marshall and UAB? 6 losses a season for the 3 seasons before that?

(agree w/ you on Smart, I'd take that hire any day of the week)

Ok. I appreciate you doing some explaining about what you like. Those are nice and all. But from my perspective, when Saban screwed the Dolphins as a loser and jetted to the Tide, he took a non-known secondary coach with him. That was KS. Just because they have had success at Bama, some luck, and some favorable rankings when they lose, he really has done nothing but ride the coat tails of a winning team. Okay that might be exaggerated. He's been good. He's been alright. No more, no less. And he is among the highest paid coordinators in the history of college football because of the winning Even A&M scored 40+ on them. On Kirby Smart's defense. So I do not think he is as deserving. D-coordinators are not that valuable as head coaches. They can lose games more than finding ways to win them. And he knows nothing about Nebraska. If he's lucky he might find it on the map. With a dart. And take a bunch of money in the process because of the name Alabama. Fedora? Good for him. North Carolina and Southern Miss suck. I'd keep Pelini over both. For life. But if I want to take a popular risk on becoming a better team/program, I'd do what is necessary and take a kid from Nebraska, that won a championship playing with the Huskers, that has been coaching for over 15 years, currently the OC at Oregon... let me repeat: OREGON....and has even said he loves Nebraska........Kirby and Fedora have never said that. Probably ever. Shoot, just look at post #41 and post#38 of the vid....You mean THAT GUY would love to be the coach of the Huskers? Oh hell yeah! That's a dude that I would take. Outside of it, I'd prolly just stick with Pelini.

KS. I think you are embarrassing yourself with this and your inability to think objectively is baffling. Surely you can see that being a DC at Alabama for over 3 seasons is more impressive and more experience than a guy who has been at Oregon for half a season as an OC. The argument against Smart can be easily made against Frost accept with more validity.

Fedora isn't a name I thought about until now, you are right he got dealt a really bad hand at UNC. His teams at USM were nasty and definitely knows how to recruit the South, which is a huge bonus. Regarding Frost vs. Smart, I see your point about 3 years as a DC under Saban vs. Frost in his 1st year at UO. After reviewing both resumes I would have a hard time choosing frankly. Smart started his coaching career as a GA in 1999 vs. Frost as GA in 2002. Smart was a GA for a total of 2 years of his 23+ years coaching experience. Smart coached at Valdosta State (was DC for undefeated regular season in 2001), FSU (GA under Bowden), UGA (twice as a GA in 1999 and as RB coach in 2005), LSU (Saban), Alabama (Saban), and the Dolphins (Saban).

I can't find this undefeated season. Where are you looking? 2011? 1 good season, 12-2, with losses to Marshall and UAB? 6 losses a season for the 3 seasons before that?

(agree w/ you on Smart, I'd take that hire any day of the week)

Maybe the 12-2 season is what I was thinking about. Good find

The main thing I like about both Smart and Frost, is that both come from a coaching environment where everything down to the minute is planned in regards to practice and preparation. It's very methodical, and I respect that. I don't think we practice well here. The team too often seems unprepared. (I base this on zero minutes at practice over the last 6 years so take it with a grain of salt) :)

(I think Fedora might go the way of Turner Gill - great mid-major coach, mediocre BCS level coach)

I think that the key for any good HC is who they bring with them, who they hire. I think that Frost could be a great head coach and I think he would bring guys in that would be great assistants.

agree w/ you completely. those 10-15 assistants and GA's are far more valuable and far more impactful on the season's outcome than a single man (or woman...if we want to get outside the box. Condoleezza Rice maybe?)

I think that the key for any good HC is who they bring with them, who they hire. I think that Frost could be a great head coach and I think he would bring guys in that would be great assistants.

agree w/ you completely. those 10-15 assistants and GA's are far more valuable and far more impactful on the season's outcome than a single man (or woman...if we want to get outside the box. Condoleezza Rice maybe?)

Coach Rice!

I am not comparing my coaching to NU but I have had great assistants and I have had horrible ones, trust me, good ones are worth their weight in gold and guess what, I looked like a much better coach when I had good assistants. I looked like a freaking clown in a circus when I had poor ones.

Now that would make us relevant.

David Cutliff from Duke is another name that I think I have only seen one person throw out.

Cutcliff is 59 years old and I really don't like his offense. As far as KS goes I really don't think he wants a job at Nebraska. He is a deep south guy. He is looking for that job in the ACC or SEC. Hell he may be waiting for Muschamp's job which very well could be open next year if he has another season like this.

Not saying Kirby Smart isn't a good coach and may be a good hire as a HC. To me he is a bad fit at Nebraska. Any guy that has spent his whole life in the deep south will definitely find Nebraska a little different

David Cutliff from Duke is another name that I think I have only seen one person throw out.

Cutcliff is 59 years old and I really don't like his offense. As far as KS goes I really don't think he wants a job at Nebraska. He is a deep south guy. He is looking for that job in the ACC or SEC. Hell he may be waiting for Muschamp's job which very well could be open next year if he has another season like this.

Not saying Kirby Smart isn't a good coach and may be a good hire as a HC. To me he is a bad fit at Nebraska. Any guy that has spent his whole life in the deep south will definitely find Nebraska a little different

My thoughts haven't changed as I really think that he'd take our job, but it would only be a stepping stone back to a place like Georgia.