Players chose what defense to play?

It is hard to interpret Bando's comments to know precisely what went down. However, context makes clear that it was a trust thing that the players appreciated (or at least Bando implies as much). That is, while we do not know what happened in detail, whatever happened involved trust, communication and was a unifying thing that helped. So... good deal..

it almost seemed like Bo was saying...."you don't like what I am running, how do you guys want to line up?".......just maybe Bo learned something yesterday?

I think we should just say it: when the players believe in the system being run and actually execute and tackle, Pelini's defense is pretty special. I think They were like 8-20 for 85 yds and a pick six. That's graveyard material right there. After that first quarter, we plain ol shut them down. What changed? The front alignment? Whatever, when "executed" his defenses shut teams down like no ones business

Agreed. We talked about this at our watch party last week and again this week. There were opportunities all over the place to stop Minnesota last week.....we had someone there and couldn't get the tackle made......at times it would have been a TFL. Northwestern looked like it was going to be the same thing.....clear missed tackles that would have been for loss or little gain. Then, I have no idea what happened either, but something started working. And I agree, when a Pelini defense starts working....it's a special thing to see.

Honestly I don't know how to feel about this. I do find it sad that Pelini did not seem to have much joy or to be celebrating. Sure they didn't play the greatest game but I did see more effort and desire than I've seen in quite some time. Bo should be able to enjoy that but it didn't look like he was.

Let's get off his ass on this one. I didnt make a peep when it happened myself. i stood there in shock for 10 minutes. People trying to high five me and hug me, folks I didnt even know. I couldnt return. All i remember was standing there, my jaw bouncing up and down, and tears damn near coming out of my eyes, trying to figure out if what I just saw was real or not. And I'm NOT the head coach of the winning team.

I'm not on his ass for this at all. I honestly felt sorry for him. Almost every single shot of him on the sidelines he looks worn out and beat down. His reaction to the hail mary may have well been shellshock but it seemed to me to be a guy waiting for the other shoe to drop. I feel sorry for him if this mess of a season is preventing him from enjoying the little things (or big hail mary things). Not taking a shot at him in any way.

It is hard to interpret Bando's comments to know precisely what went down. However, context makes clear that it was a trust thing that the players appreciated (or at least Bando implies as much). That is, while we do not know what happened in detail, whatever happened involved trust, communication and was a unifying thing that helped. So... good deal..

it almost seemed like Bo was saying...."you don't like what I am running, how do you guys want to line up?".......just maybe Bo learned something yesterday?

That's how you interpreted it?

What defense do you want to run, they asked. .......

So nothing was ever said to the effect, "You don't like what I am running...." then correct? That's just how you are interpreting it, that's what he's getting at.

I have been a "boss" for 30 plus years in my company. I asked my co-workers many many times for input. It helps them buy into the process. All of us can't know everything.

This may well give a young defense some confidence in what they are "comfortable executing".

Coaches made some admiral moves today. Adjustments at half that worked, re-installing RKIII back into the game. Bo deciding not to just let NW score the TD when we knew time was going to be an issue.

Great win, celebrate today back to work tomorrow!

• Fire 2
I have been a "boss" for 30 plus years in my company. I asked my co-workers many many times for input. It helps them buy into the process. All of us can't know everything.

This may well give a young defense some confidence in what they are "comfortable executing".

Coaches made some admiral moves today. Adjustments at half that worked, re-installing RKIII back into the game. Bo deciding not to just let NW score the TD when we knew time was going to be an issue.

Great win, celebrate today back to work tomorrow!

This. Excellent post. This is actually something I have been asking of the coaches and Bo especially to do. It's great to hear these coaches were willing to maybe swallow some pride, take a step back and find some value in another opinion. Who better than the players that have to execute it? Just brilliant that it worked out the way it did. Defense really stepped up in the second half. Another step in the learning process for Bo and this team. We have to just keep stepping forward.

It doesn't mean Bo just gave up and said fine let's do what you want. He asked their input because players can see things on the field that coaches can't. I can guarantee when Tommy, Ron, or Taylor get on the headset with Beck on the sideline he's asking, "What are they doing out there? Do you think this will work?" This is a good thing not, "The players know more than Bo".