RKIII Should Start for Rest of Season

Not in favor of starting rk3. He might be a slightly better passer than TA, but Tommy is better for the run game. T-Mart is still our best qb IF 100% healthy.

TMart is our best QB at 70%.

No, he isn't...

Armstrong adds another dimension to our offense (option) that we can't do with Taylor or Ron. Beck needs to call better plays to give him a better chance to be successful, and the OL needs to get the push to allow the execution to be there. There was absolutely NO reason for us to throw the ball 42 times in this game. If Beck wants the offense to be successful, he needs to challenge his OL to blow holes open. Armstrong should never attempt more than 20 passes in a game. STICK TO THE RUN!!!

He adds option and subtracts zone read. TA has yet to actually make a good read, most are scripted for him.

Martinez looked better against Minneosta, than either TA or RK3 looked against Northwestern. The difference in the games is a weak Dline for northwestern and improved play from the blackshirts.

Dude, Martinez made the wrong read a lot when he was a frosh too. Give him time.

Our run blocking was much better against Minny than it was against Northwestern. Our offensive line isn't doing any QB any favors, and that goes for Martinez too against Minnesota. I continue to be disappointed in that group. They're slow, out of shape slobs. Give me some guys who run like Wiegert. I'd be okay with smaller build guys if they could just move better. For the style of offense we run we'd be better off.

The second time TA has thrown 3 interceptions in the game this season. It's a no brainer.

1379568_10151779894499022_250414020_n.jpg

Pelini will start TA...

What exactly did Kellogg do to prove he was better? I watched one series with him in there and he threw a terrible pick. The fact is we don't really have any strong options at QB right now, but at least with TA we get the option game, which he is good at running. I'm okay with staying with a rotation. That to me is the best thing for us right now and gives the opposing D more to prepare for.

I think the simple solution is to start Ameer at quarterback. In any case I believe Tommie will get things going in a few years. As a redshirt Junior he will really start to click. But let's ask ourselves this. I'm fine with a QB taking time to develop and learn, but why can't we bring in a QB that can get going right off the bat. Look around the country. Winston, Mariotta, Boyd, Manziel, Miller, Griffin, Barker, etc. These were all freshman at one point that absolutely killed it. They didn't need 3 years to become great. Sure they make their mistakes, but they are masked by their incredible play. Why does it take our QB's 3 or 4 years to have 1 good year at QB here? Everything starts with recruiting.

I'll take this a step further and ask why Martinez had to seek outside coaching to improve his mechanics? Was he unable to get the coaching he needed from this coaching staff? And if so... why?

I think Beck has so many different QB's starting/playing from week to week he fails to understand the strength/weaknesses of them and what kind of a game plan he can implement. Beck struggles at the best of times, this complication doesn't help.

The second time TA has thrown 3 interceptions in the game this season. It's a no brainer.

1379568_10151779894499022_250414020_n.jpg

Pelini will start TA...

What exactly did Kellogg do to prove he was better? I watched one series with him in there and he threw a terrible pick. The fact is we don't really have any strong options at QB right now, but at least with TA we get the option game, which he is good at running. I'm okay with staying with a rotation. That to me is the best thing for us right now and gives the opposing D more to prepare for.

An interception or pick is a move involving a pass, either by foot or hand, being caught by an opposition player, who usually gains possession for his team. < Not throw three (again) of these maybe?

Like Chuck Long said having Ron on the field is like having a coach on the field. He's a senior. He knows the offense. People act like TA rushed for a hundred yards yesterday. He had some decent runs definitely but three picks again????

I'll put RKIII out there again. If he starts faltering then go with TA but I'd definitely rotate the two of them. Not throw Ron on the bench after one interception and leave TA in there after all 3 of his like Pelini did. Then again it's Bo Pelini we're talking about here. Not exactly finesse when it comes to recognizing anything that is offense.

Prior to the hail mary, he was 6-12 for about 54 yds and an INT. He wasn't exactly lighting it up man. I agree he should have seen another series or two. But I still think you say with a rotation of some kind and try to build somewhat for the future with Tommy. We're not going to beat Sparty with their D anyway, so I'm okay with a few turnovers to help him gain experience. Unless Martinez magically gets healed in a few weeks we should just stick to that IMO.

Prior to the hail mary, he was 6-12 for about 54 yds and an INT. He wasn't exactly lighting it up man. I agree he should have seen another series or two. But I still think you say with a rotation of some kind and try to build somewhat for the future with Tommy. We're not going to beat Sparty with their D anyway, so I'm okay with a few turnovers to help him gain experience. Unless Martinez magically gets healed in a few weeks we should just stick to that IMO.

Not sure if serious.

3 picks is not lighting it up in my book. Especially after doing the same thing against Purdue.

Also it isn't the future it is now and Nebraska is still in the thick of it and still has a chance to win the division as crazy as that seems. TA will have his chance next year and the year after that and the year after. Right now though you have to play your best players and if you have a freshman QB who's throwing picks you sit him. I'm pretty sure most coaches would as well given a few exceptions.

Again though TA will start. I can almost assure you that.

Not sure if serious.

3 picks is not lighting it up in my book. Especially after doing the same thing against Purdue.

Also it isn't the future it is now and Nebraska is still in the thick of it and still has a chance to win the division as crazy as that seems. TA will have his chance next year and the year after that and the year after. Right now though you have to play your best players and if you have a freshman QB who's throwing picks you sit him. I'm pretty sure most coaches would as well given a few exceptions.

Again though TA will start. I can almost assure you that.

Did I say Armstrong was lighting it up? Clearly he wasn't, but I don't think Kellogg would have been either. And since when have we ever sat a QB for throwing interceptions?

Not in favor of starting rk3. He might be a slightly better passer than TA, but Tommy is better for the run game. T-Mart is still our best qb IF 100% healthy.

TMart is our best QB at 70%.

TM has lost 2 games, RKIII and TA have lost none. That says it all. TM is done. Don't want to see him again. Not a bad guy, just don't want him playing again.

If you don't feel like Armstrong is your man next year, (and you also legitimately feel like Ron gives you a better chance to win, which I'm not convinced is true,) then sure, play Kellogg.

Some kids react to things in different ways. Getting pulled might serve to inspire Armstrong to train harder, practice longer,grit his teeth and just DIE waiting for the chance to show everyone what a huge mistake they made by pulling him off the field. Or it could crack his confidence...maybe even permanently, always nervous that one pick or one misread will lead to a benching. You never really know. And maybe neither happens and he shrugs it off.

For what it's worth....Armstrong strikes me as the kind of kid who'd get pissed. In a good way. I base that on literally nothing but unfounded intuition. Just his body language and general demeanor. I like the way he carries himself. (More than Taylor even, my favorite person ever!)

Ha...daylight savings has screwed me up. More, I mean. Screwed me up even more.

I wonder what would happen if Bo asked his three quarterbacks how they would liked to be used in next week's game (providing Taylor is healthy?) You know, like he asked input from the defensive players? I've said this before but I don't understand why the coaches don't try different people if one guy is having a bad game day. That makes so much sense to me. If Taylor isn't doing well, put Tommy in. If Tommy doesn't seem to be up to snuff, put Ron in. Or be even more of a maverick and try some of your newly recruited players like Stanton. Would be interesting!