RKIII Should Start for Rest of Season

Sometimes you do things that have farther reaching affects. Starting Tommy is the right thing to do for wins down the road, no question. Starting Ron, builds team loyalty, morale, finish what you start, rewards for hard work and dedication. Both are equal it seems to me, but with Ron at the helm, you encourage those that may not be giving their all, every play. Give them hope that it can happen. I would start Ron, and see how it goes, just reverse the rotation for a game. I think for this team it would pay dividends. I am not ready to chuck this season. Your going to know with in a couple of series if he works or not. Give him the week to prepare to start. Just my opinion, and not that everybody deserves a ribbon mentality, I hate it. We love our walk on program, a walk on just gave us one our greatest moments in Memorial Stadium. Promote that part of the program.

I am still a Martinez fan, but only if he is completely healed, cleared by the team Doctor. I doubt that is going to happen, maybe by bowl season.

I'd start Armstrong and take our lumps. Use Kellogg situationally, as we did yesterday. I appreciate Martinez's contributions, but think it's time to turn the page.

And unless we figure out how to recruit and develop quality linemen on both sides of the ball, it doesn't really matter who plays QB for us. Our lines are a complete f'n embarrassment...especially for a school like Nebraska.

Not in favor of starting rk3. He might be a slightly better passer than TA, but Tommy is better for the run game. T-Mart is still our best qb IF 100% healthy.

TMart is our best QB at 70%.

No, he isn't...

Armstrong adds another dimension to our offense (option) that we can't do with Taylor or Ron. Beck needs to call better plays to give him a better chance to be successful, and the OL needs to get the push to allow the execution to be there. There was absolutely NO reason for us to throw the ball 42 times in this game. If Beck wants the offense to be successful, he needs to challenge his OL to blow holes open. Armstrong should never attempt more than 20 passes in a game. STICK TO THE RUN!!!

• Fire 2

I think we should play both of them like we have been. TA did very freshman things but the only way to fix that is to keep letting him play. He can't read the defense very feel, stares down his number 1 but like I said more game time will fix that. I love him running, he always seems to get at least 4-5 yards which is great. Not sure we can make him run as much as he did last game. He seemed to start breaking down towards the end of the game. RKIII really only did well at the end of the game. But WOW what a great game! I am excited for the rest of this season, should definitely be interesting to say the least! GBR!

I think the simple solution is to start Ameer at quarterback. In any case I believe Tommie will get things going in a few years. As a redshirt Junior he will really start to click. But let's ask ourselves this. I'm fine with a QB taking time to develop and learn, but why can't we bring in a QB that can get going right off the bat. Look around the country. Winston, Mariotta, Boyd, Manziel, Miller, Griffin, Barker, etc. These were all freshman at one point that absolutely killed it. They didn't need 3 years to become great. Sure they make their mistakes, but they are masked by their incredible play. Why does it take our QB's 3 or 4 years to have 1 good year at QB here? Everything starts with recruiting.

I'd start Armstrong and take our lumps. Use Kellogg situationally, as we did yesterday. I appreciate Martinez's contributions, but think it's time to turn the page.

And unless we figure out how to recruit and develop quality linemen on both sides of the ball, it doesn't really matter who plays QB for us. Our lines are a complete f'n embarrassment...especially for a school like Nebraska.

You're right. We should just accept losing several games to end the season, instead of putting our best player out there. This is underpants gnome strategy.

Not in favor of starting rk3. He might be a slightly better passer than TA, but Tommy is better for the run game. T-Mart is still our best qb IF 100% healthy.

TMart is our best QB at 70%.

No, he isn't...

Armstrong adds another dimension to our offense (option) that we can't do with Taylor or Ron. Beck needs to call better plays to give him a better chance to be successful, and the OL needs to get the push to allow the execution to be there. There was absolutely NO reason for us to throw the ball 42 times in this game. If Beck wants the offense to be successful, he needs to challenge his OL to blow holes open. Armstrong should never attempt more than 20 passes in a game. STICK TO THE RUN!!!

He adds option and subtracts zone read. TA has yet to actually make a good read, most are scripted for him.

Martinez looked better against Minneosta, than either TA or RK3 looked against Northwestern. The difference in the games is a weak Dline for northwestern and improved play from the blackshirts.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. And Missouri Husker Fan, don't take away from Tommy Armstrong that which he was able to succeed with Saturday. For one half, he was wonderful with the passing game. Armstrong was 10-of-14 for about 120 yards without an interception. His soft touch of the 3 yard TD pass to cut the score to a 21-14 deficit was a major improvement from him missing on a similar pass pattern in the red zone versus Illinois in our 39-19 win a few weeks ago.

I don't think it'll take that long for Armstrong to mature into a fine quarterback. Redshirt junior season? Com'on, man. Tommy Armstrong will be just fine. Yesterday, he went 15-for-29 for 173 yards and rushed 17 times for 69 yards -- and had a 15 yard run up the middle wiped out by a holding call from one of his linemen.

Again, the redshirt senior Ron Kellogg III was spot on yesterday. This is working! I think that coach Beck needs to find the right balance with Armstrong rushing and passing. Tommy Armstrong is fun to watch though. (just think! Urban Mayer has three QBs like Armstrong manning the Ohio State zone read option offense!)

We miss not having a big, burly running back with track speed like Calvin Jones (4.3 40) to help take some of the load off Ameer Abdullah (whom I compare to Jones' running mate, Derek Brown, from back in the early '90s). That would really assist Armstrong's rushing attack, but we'll have to recruit that. And I'm not taking anything away from RB Imani Cross of Gainesville, Ga. He may develop into this guy. A big game would help Imani's confidence.

Again, like I said though. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.