BTN replay of Nebraska/Northwestern

Watching the second to last drive where Tommy threw the interception, run by Tommy for 7 yards, Ameer run for first down, incomplete pass from the pistol, then a shotgun pass on 2nd down for interception. Why in the hell are we throwing when it's a tie game and we are moving the ball with the run!?!?!

Because there was under 3 minutes to go in the game, had to show some urgency. Also the drive before that we ran the ball 3 times and punted, but nobody was calling for the passing game at that point.

• Fire 2

Watching the second to last drive where Tommy threw the interception, run by Tommy for 7 yards, Ameer run for first down, incomplete pass from the pistol, then a shotgun pass on 2nd down for interception. Why in the hell are we throwing when it's a tie game and we are moving the ball with the run!?!?!

Because there was under 3 minutes to go in the game, had to show some urgency. Also the drive before that we ran the ball 3 times and punted, but nobody was calling for the passing game at that point.

One thing that I have learned over the years: As an OC at NU, you really can't win. You are damned if you do, damned if you don't. I have enjoyed Tim Beck's play-calling a lot more than Watson's and I think everyone would probably feel the same. What I like about our offense is that it is a huge chess match as I have said in other threads. Sometimes negative plays happen. They happen to every team in the nation. But that negative play could get the defense to over-pursue on the next one and open up our cut back lanes for guys like Ameer.

I encourage everyone to watch the YouTube videos on FishDuck.com. When you understand what Oregon is doing with their running game you will understand a lot about ours because they are very simular. Very very interesting stuff for anyone that loves football.

We had two timeouts and 3 minutes left, run down the clock and kick the game winning field goal or get a touchdown. There no need to force passes at the point in the game.

We had two timeouts and 3 minutes left, run down the clock and kick the game winning field goal or get a touchdown. There no need to force passes at the point in the game.

It wasn't really a forced pass, it was a freshman mistake and Tommy not being 6'4" to see the end drop into coverage. Good play call by the Cats too. You complete one of those passes and you loosen things up for the run game and keep the safties honest.

The only real complaint I have about play calling, and it maybe more on Tommy than Beck, it seemed like he was forcing the deep ball too much. And he just doesn't check down.