Questions for Michigan

Redux

First, how the f is Miami FSU the ESPN "game"of the week? There was more drama in Lincoln yesterday than the weekly Orange County Housewife reunion. Anyways....

Can we keep the momentum churning after that epic finish?

Can Armstrong get past the nightmare image of throwing a pick with 2:30 left in the game?

Can Michigan regroup after the Spartan thrashing or will they be more fired up than ever?

Can Tim Beck stick to the run and not force turnovers in the Big House?

Will we continue pressuring QBs or will we go conservative on the road?

This could be a huge game for us. Some may not think we stand a.chance but the Wolverines just got trounced, morale must be low. Granted we had some injuries and questionable play calling/line play, but we BETTER be riding high after that epic moment. Live long and prosper RK3.

• Fire 1

First, how the f is Miami FSU the ESPN "game"of the week? There was more drama in Lincoln yesterday than the weekly Orange County Housewife reunion.

Is this a serious question or are you asking it sarcastically?

A little of both. 41-14 shouldnt be game of the week.

neither should two mediocre teams going at it. Our game wasn't any different than Iowa vs PSU

Not exactly calling for Nebraska to be game of the week but it was more exciting than that game.

I agree it wasn't entertaining. I think a lot of people were hoping for the game those two programs used to play in the 80s and 90s. FSU hit a home run with Fisher.

neither should two mediocre teams going at it. Our game wasn't any different than Iowa vs PSU

Not exactly calling for Nebraska to be game of the week but it was more exciting than that game.

I agree it wasn't entertaining. I think a lot of people were hoping for the game those two programs used to play in the 80s and 90s. FSU hit a home run with Fisher.

My old mans a die hard Nole and has been bagging on Jimbo since he took over. Told him itd pay off. Real deal.

mobile QB = Huskers loss

Wouldn't be so sure. We just won yesterday with a mobile QB playing ~ half the time.

FSU is just that good. Nobody could've predicted FSU blowing out a legitimate Cane team.

Michigan is 96th in the nation is pass defense.

Free RKIII.

I dont know, not even ESPN gave the U much encouragement going in.

I was having a conversation with my buddies about how we stop Gardner. What I have always thought (dont know if I have ever posted) wouldn't be a bad idea to stop the Zone Read on defense is to get the other team's OC to stop calling it. I think the best way to do that is that first read play that they call, the DE that they are "optioning off" just takes a complete bull-rush at the QB and no matter if he keeps it or holds it, you hit him and you hit him hard. Nothing illegal, just make sure that he understands on that play he will get hit. The next couple times you do the same. If you get a penalty, you get a penalty. By the 3rd quarter or so that QBs legs will be so heavy that he won't be able to run it effectively. It could very well be a physcological thing as well.

• Fire 1

I was having a conversation with my buddies about how we stop Gardner. What I have always thought (dont know if I have ever posted) wouldn't be a bad idea to stop the Zone Read on defense is to get the other team's OC to stop calling it. I think the best way to do that is that first read play that they call, the DE that they are "optioning off" just takes a complete bull-rush at the QB and no matter if he keeps it or holds it, you hit him and you hit him hard. Nothing illegal, just make sure that he understands on that play he will get hit. The next couple times you do the same. If you get a penalty, you get a penalty. By the 3rd quarter or so that QBs legs will be so heavy that he won't be able to run it effectively. It could very well be a physcological thing as well.

I like your thinking, it makes sense. I would love to see that happen.

I like your thinking, it makes sense. I would love to see that happen.

With the proper film study as well as the defense making the right pre-snap reads, we could very well know it is coming before they run it. So if done right it may very well disrupt the exchange. Let those damn Wolverines know that we are from Lincoln, Nebraska and we mean business.

• Fire 1