Beck or Taylor?

Washusker

I fully acknowledge that Taylor is #1 heading into spring ball, and even likely into the fall. That being said, I don't think BC will hestitate to make the switch to Beck if he thinks Beck can win the job.

Which player will lead this team farther in 2006?

I'm really undecided. Beck has better tools, but Taylor's grit and competitiveness are incredible.

Any way we could just morph the two?

:restore2:restore2:restore2:restore2:restore2

With Ross leaving, this IS Taylor's offense. I think we will see NU beating some teams by substantial margins next year, this is when we will see Beck. After last night, I think it is easy to see that Taylor is the guy. Beck will have his moment in the sun. He will see more time next year. I think BC knows that he needs to give Beck more time (in order to prepare for the season after next), but I think after these last 3 games, Beck would have to play out of this world to beat out Taylor.

Believe me - the key is the offensive line. It doesn't matter who you stick back there, they need protection. What we've seen all year is that Taylor can do the job if he's given time. We also have seen that he doesn't get rattled when protection breaks down, and that he can take the pounding. Beck has great tools - no question. But Taylor has intangibles that make it almost impossible for Beck to beat him out.

Taylor will be the man. If we get a couple of receivers emerge as play makers , it will only make him better. That is no knock on Nunn, Peterson, and Swift , they may be the ones who emerge. They held their own very well this year. Nunn was explosive at times.

If the O line improves , think of how many more completions Taylor would have had if he wasn't running for his life.

Better receiver play. Better Oline play. We start beating people substantially.

Nunn is good but he needs some help out there

I thought Swift played a heck of a season too!

Nunn and Swift are good but not spectacular. I am excited to see more of Brooks next year and see what he can do. Though i wouldn't expect to see great things of him until maybe his Jr year.

yep, it will be damn tough for Beck to beat out Taylor.....Taylor stands in the pocket without fear and absorbs huge hits and sees it as nothing more than an inconvience........this kid is unreal!! he throws a few INT's and it does not effect his game at all......poise +++++!! Beck will need some playing time next year to be ready for 2007.....cally will give him some too.......even Beck would want that

too! this was the best TEAM effort I have seen in years! We will miss Ross though.

Just pray that Marlon and Cody can step up next year.......I think they will share playing time until one clearly emerges as the premier back, who knows Jackson may emerge next spring too?

hnter

first off I think taylor will for sure be the starter all season with us seeing a lot more clean up duty from beck...guys I think we will be in real good shape with WR's next year as some of you may have mentioned, we will have nunn, swift, hardy, brooks, peterson...more to name, 2 that stand out the most we will or should have next season is herian and purify...watch out here comes the red storm!

Taylor starts next season no doubt. Even if Beck shows huge strides in the off-season, Taylor has the gametime experience, and has proven he can play. I just hope our offense picks up where it left off in the alamo, and we can hang up some points on our weaker opponents next year. I mean if we can get up by like 20 points at the end of the first half in a game or two, and let Beck play some big playing time, that would be sweet.

All you have to do is look at Ross, he was a man among boys last year and when it counted he was in the game because of his grit. Taylor will start every game without doubt. BC is a loyal guy. He knows the price Zac paid this year. He will be rewarded just like Cory.

Beck will get his turn down the road.

I want Zac to finish strong next year, he is in the mold of Cory Ross. I look for him to have a great season just like Nebraska will next year.

This one was good and I am happy the nay sayers are quiet. Next year maybe we can work them back on to the supportive side.

I know I said we would lose this game, but it had nothing to do with being negative about this team or coach. I just felt Michigan had a superior schedule and better results against tougher teams. We have a great coaching staff given the opportunity to coach and not explain what they are doing every second.

I knew the media would not give us any credit for the win. But if you follow college football you know the talent level at Michigan. They have it and it appears we have a pretty good stable developing. But most of all we have a coach that these kids love and too me that is all that is important now.

I agree that Beck will get some playing time next year but it won't be as a starter, unless for some reason Taylor was to get hurt by some of the monsterous hits that he stands in there and takes. The problem is those hits are going to take there toll but Taylor is by far one of the toughest QB's I have ever seen. I can't wait until next year!!! GBR :bat