GT: FGCU at Nebraska - 8PM - BTN

I hate when announcers don't know their stuff. We scheduled this game after their tournament success.

They mentioned as much when they talked about how Coach Miles went out and scheduled them for the opener because we wanted a quality opponent to open the season and arena with.

If there are any problems with this game, it's not with the PbP/Color.

Bad officiating? Yes.

Myopic NCAA rule stupidity? Yes.

BTN PbP and Color? Hell to the no, especially if you recall the s**t broadcasts we had in the Big XII.

And glad to see folks interested in basketball. My grandmother has been waiting since the end of WWII for Nebraska Basketball to get back to doing well, and it looks like we're on our way.

Its going to be like this the whole year unfortunately. That new hand check foul is going to kill a lot of teams. Luckily it doesn't seem like we will be one of them.

Crowd was everything I expected but Petteway was far MORE than expected.

Having multiple threats from the 3 point line really complements Webster's ability to attack the rim. AND, it looks like he can attack it almost at will (still needs to finish, though).

Considering the lack of two potential starting guards and the fact that they didn't run much for Pitchford last night, it really does look promising....

The whole atmosphere was incredible. Tommy Lee opened with a show for about 5 minutes. He was just up DJing with DJ Aero. It was pretty cool and a good intro to the band. The band was sweet because they got the entire band on the floor and two small sections up on the second balcony. Karmin sung the national anthem which was done beautifully. There were more students at the game than i could have ever imagined. The entire student section was full and some people couldnt even find seats. I was an hour early and there was no where to sit, which was awesome to see the support us students have toward this. I ended up having to split up from my group and sat alone in a random seat i found. The student section was rowdy and will prove to be a big asset in big games. Especially with everyone right next to the floor and the huge section that is on the baseline. Seriously more students there than i would have ever expected. My only complaint about the entire thing is on the opposite side of students on the baseline is just regular seats or whatever but when FGCU was shooting free throws the people just stayed seated and didn't try to make them miss. Now granted this game was in the bag, but i hope in close, big games these fans will all stand and try to distract the player. I don't give a sh#t how old you are, you can become a part of this. Here is a video of Tommy's entrance and the band.