** What did we learn **

With any creativity/coherency on offense we win this game 27-10 going away. You can't blame it on the offensive line injuries because they actually played pretty well. Playcalling was straight Ask Corso/Madden. Atrocious. Hey, 3rd and 4 potentially in four down territory, let's throw the streak route to the seventh string WR. I like it. Running game is our strength but let's throw out that half of the playbook on 2nd and 10. Frighteningly predictable. And yes, I'm making the radical assertion that I'm able to somewhat accurately judge these problems despite not having had a career as an FBS offensive coordinator.

Our second half "possessions" were halted by a dropped pass, the three straight running plays everyone was begging for, a fumble, a muffed punt, a punt, a TD and the end of the game. The main one that was the "fault" of the playcalling was what everyone wants Beck to do more of - including yourself.

And you're sure that the play that was called was supposed to be the fade to Reilly (sp?) despite Bell and Enunwa being on the other side, right? Couldn't have been supposed to go the other way and Armstrong made a bad decision because that wouldn't fit the narrative.

You're right. Beck is the man. Punt punt punt punt punt punt. Barely 100 yards in the second half. But, the players made a few mistakes, so it's on them. Can't wait till he gets the perfect players we will light 'em up! Oh and any horrific calls, well those are just the players not doing what they're told. Of course. Beck called a great game with lots of screen passes, TE routes, misdirection, etc. but the players ran the wrong plays. There's a narrative.

• Fire 1

You're right. Beck is the man. Punt punt punt punt punt punt. Barely 100 yards in the second half. But, the players made a few mistakes, so it's on them. Can't wait till he gets the perfect players we will light 'em up! Oh and any horrific calls, well those are just the players not doing what they're told. Of course. Beck called a great game with lots of screen passes, TE routes, misdirection, etc. but the players ran the wrong plays. There's a narrative.

So you don't have an actual response? What could Beck have done differently on a pass that would have been a first down if caught, a play that gained good yardage but was then fumbled, and a fumbled punt? None of that has anything to do with low yardage in the second half?

I'm not saying he's perfect and I'm not saying he couldn't do anything differently. But to continually only blame him despite obvious evidence to the contrary is laughable.

So you don't have an actual response? What could Beck have done differently on a pass that would have been a first down if caught, a play that gained good yardage but was then fumbled, and a fumbled punt? None of that has anything to do with low yardage in the second half?

I'm not saying he's perfect and I'm not saying he couldn't do anything differently. But to continually only blame him despite obvious evidence to the contrary is laughable.

Mavric, how dare you present facts about what actually happened offensively in the second half.

I thought Beck called a great game today. For those criticizing some of our 1st & 10 passes, you have to be mindful of a) how good a shot we had on some of them, b) the ones that we DID complete for significant yardage, and c) how swarming on committed to the option and run game Michigan was for most of the game, resulting in a whole lot of no-gainers from Ameer. Those 2nd & 9s are pretty much in the same situation.

We had a nice mix though. Sometimes our runs would work and we'd get to churn up yards and clock that way. And ultimately it opened the way for some of our big downfield connections that helped us win the game. The offense wasn't perfect, but I think the unit fed off the run and the pass well, was confidently operated the entire way by both quarterbacks, and did a darn good job.

3rd & 4 throw I can't blame on the call, but I thought that was obvious 4 down territory. That was one key area of the game I think the coaches could have done better with...though to their credit, they went for it on the next one.

hate on me, but a mostly healthy TMart is by far our best qback.

No hate, but a polite disagree. While TA definitely made some poor throws, I think he was every bit as good for us at TM. For every poor throw he made, we've seen TM make the same and I think TA is actually a better run for picking up a short, tough yards. He isn't the homerun threat, but at this point, I'm not sure even a healthy TM is either. And in my opinion, TM never is patient enough on that last option to make that toss to Ameer. I don't know, but I just like how our offense looks with TA back there.

Tommy was outstanding today. A lot of smart plays, and most of them didn't show up in the stats. He keyed our option game, and made a number of good throws (along with some poor ones, but that tends to happen with pressure). Just high awareness quarterbacking. Not to mention the tough running between the tackles, even as he was getting a couple yards a pop with those.

I'm sure he didn't turn in a perfect grade, but it's pretty hard to be anything other than really encouraged by what he showed out there.

• Fire 1

Tommy was outstanding today. A lot of smart plays, and most of them didn't show up in the stats. He keyed our option game, and made a number of good throws (along with some poor ones, but that tends to happen with pressure). Just high awareness quarterbacking. Not to mention the tough running between the tackles, even as he was getting a couple yards a pop with those.

I'm sure he didn't turn in a perfect grade, but it's pretty hard to be anything other than really encouraged by what he showed out there.

Agreed. He's been somewhat mixed so far - which is to be expected of a freshman - but this might have been his best game so far, all things considered.

hate on me, but a mostly healthy TMart is by far our best qback.

No hate, but a polite disagree. While TA definitely made some poor throws, I think he was every bit as good for us at TM. For every poor throw he made, we've seen TM make the same and I think TA is actually a better run for picking up a short, tough yards. He isn't the homerun threat, but at this point, I'm not sure even a healthy TM is either. And in my opinion, TM never is patient enough on that last option to make that toss to Ameer. I don't know, but I just like how our offense looks with TA back there.

TA had some smart plays, but that last TD was more luck then skill, IMO. It was pure playground/scap ball. I am not sure about either's option ability. It worked pretty darn well today, but I got to say it was scary to watch. We do not have the O-line to run the option with any sense of reliability. It helped that UM's D is bad