refs sloppy on pass interference calls this season

Is it just me or have refs been missing blatant and obvious pass interference calls this year? It hasn't just been this game. Today one of our drives stalled on 3rd down when the defender started out with a facemask and then had hands all over the guy and eventually knocked him down. It was obvious PI and I couldn't believe no flag was thrown. It wasn't just this game either. I've been seeing this all year. I can't think of another year when such obvious examples of PI have not been called. I can understand the refs missing a quick push-off that happens in a microsecond, but these have been hands all over like a horny teenager cases.

They hardly called anything at all in this game. Michigan was holding a lot, which makes the pressure we did get on them all the more impressive.

And I'm shocked they didn't call a targeting foul on a hit on the block made on Seisay late in the first half. Not that it necessarily should have been, but that Husker players have been flagged for much less harmful things all year.

• Fire 1

In person I only saw three plays where PI seemed questionable - the first against UM, which was called, and the two on our side with Stanley and then their final pass of the game, both of which weren't called.

Seemed alright from my vantage point.

The last pass on 4th down by Michigan looked like it could have been called live, but when they did the end zone view replay it's clear that Mitchell was right on time or just after.

Is it just me or have refs been missing blatant and obvious pass interference calls this year? It hasn't just been this game. Today one of our drives stalled on 3rd down when the defender started out with a facemask and then had hands all over the guy and eventually knocked him down. It was obvious PI and I couldn't believe no flag was thrown. It wasn't just this game either. I've been seeing this all year. I can't think of another year when such obvious examples of PI have not been called. I can understand the refs missing a quick push-off that happens in a microsecond, but these have been hands all over like a horny teenager cases.

On that same play they could have called it offensive PI too seeing as he was falling he dragged the defender down with him. Over all i thought it was at least evenly called on both sides. Refs just pretty much let them decide it on their play, unless it was too blatant, on either side.

More concerning is if they put an obvious emphasis on targeting, how do you not call that hit on Seisay. The most blatant targeting penalty I've seen this year, and nothing.

I feel like the point of the hit was worse than KB's hit on the Wisconsin defender last year.

Bell's hit looked way worse than some of these helmet to helmet hits because of the way the Wisconsin defender landed. This hit was something you could look at in the offseason in the training tape on when to call targeting, it was that bad.

I think it was just a lot of incidental contact on that play. The db was looking back for the ball and both guys were being physical. I didn't catch the facemask at the beginning of the play but if so, yeah that should have been an automatic call. After some of the holding calls that were missed against Northwestern last week I don't know if there is such a thing as an automatic call anymore.