Is it just me or is Michigan State not THAT good...

I'd say it's more like, "If our injury depleted offensive line can open up some running lanes against a superior MSU defensive front on a consistent basis, it'll be a good game." But honestly, I'm not sure how much chance there is of that happening.

at risk of being too much of a sunshine pumper, they did ok against Michigan. Granted Michigan isn't on par with MSU defensively, there's hope there...

I'm refuting the statement that you're the best rushing O we've faced to date. And our anemic offense is averaging just as many PPG as yours in conference play. For how much you guys talk up your offense (and I don't doubt that you have some explosive playmakers, i've seen them do damage) how come you only put up 17 points and under 300 yards on Michigan?

How come you only put up 7 points and under 300 yards on Purdue?

• Fire 3

I'm refuting the statement that you're the best rushing O we've faced to date. And our anemic offense is averaging just as many PPG as yours in conference play. For how much you guys talk up your offense (and I don't doubt that you have some explosive playmakers, i've seen them do damage) how come you only put up 17 points and under 300 yards on Michigan?

This one is even more mind boggling than NU losing to Minny. Purdue's defense is absolutely horrendous.

Hey, Purdue is ... good ...

I'm not claiming that MSU's offense is fantastic, though. The Purdue game was bad, i'll be the first to admit that. But it was clearly an abberration - Cook was missing wide open receivers. Young QBs will have up and down days (as you've seen with TA), and based on coach quotes we had a very underwhelming week of practice. A young QB read a few too many press clippings after his first road win (Iowa) and didn't respect the opponent. I would be more concerned about Purdue if we had continued to struggle offensively vs. Illinois and Michigan. But we didn't, and similar to your D since the Minnesota game, our O is showing growth.

I think Abdullah is a great back and TA is showing a lot of promise, but i'm not seeing how you guys will light us up being down 3 offensive linemen and being so banged up at WR. Abdullah averaged 3 YPC vs. Michigan. MSU's front 7 is a lot better than theirs and we sneak up our safeties a lot (unlike Michigan who tends to keep them higher out - and I think they started 2 backups against you but i'm not positive). He's a fantastic player and he will get his plays, but this game won't be on him to win because he's primary target #1 for the D to focus on. TA will have to be the playmaker and make the D respect his legs and passing ability.

I'm not claiming that MSU's offense is fantastic, though. The Purdue game was bad, i'll be the first to admit that. But it was clearly an abberration - Cook was missing wide open receivers. Young QBs will have up and down days (as you've seen with TA), and based on coach quotes we had a very underwhelming week of practice. A young QB read a few too many press clippings after his first road win (Iowa) and didn't respect the opponent. I would be more concerned about Purdue if we had continued to struggle offensively vs. Illinois and Michigan. But we didn't, and similar to your D since the Minnesota game, our O is showing growth.

I think Abdullah is a great back and TA is showing a lot of promise, but i'm not seeing how you guys will light us up being down 3 offensive linemen and being so banged up at WR. Abdullah averaged 3 YPC vs. Michigan. MSU's front 7 is a lot better than theirs and we sneak up our safeties a lot (unlike Michigan who tends to keep them higher out - and I think they started 2 backups against you but i'm not positive). He's a fantastic player and he will get his plays, but this game won't be on him to win because he's primary target #1 for the D to focus on. TA will have to be the playmaker and make the D respect his legs and passing ability.

Kenny Bell and Quincy Enunwa should be drooling when this happens, just hope TA sees this, audibles at the line and doesn't over throw the ball. He's got a nice deep ball and we've seen it several times this year. The only issue with his throwing is he tends to throw high when he has to step into a short throw and put some zip behind it. Don't know if that's because of his knee issue from before or what, but if he throws high into that secondary, bad things are gonna happen. I bet you see some wrinkles out of our offense that we haven't even seen this year.

The Purdue game was bad, i'll be the first to admit that. But it was clearly an abberration

Hmm...

Western Michigan - 1 Offensive TD

USF - 1 Offensive TD

Notre Dame - 1 Offensive TD

Iowa - 2 Offensive TD's

Purdue - 1 Offensive TD

Michigan - 3 Offensive TD's

Foot note: WMU gave up almost 60 points to Michigan and Iowa.

The Purdue game was bad, i'll be the first to admit that. But it was clearly an abberration

Hmm...

USF - 1 Offensive TD

Iowa - 2 Offensive TD's

Purdue - 1 Offensive TD

Foot note: WMU gave up almost 60 points to Michigan and Iowa.

Bill-Hader-Laughing.gif

• Fire 2

Hmm...

USF - 1 Offensive TD

Iowa - 2 Offensive TD's

Purdue - 1 Offensive TD

WMU and USF were a combination of 3 different QBs - Cook didn't actually get named the starting QB until YSU.

Notre Dame was a poor offensive performance for sure, Cook's first ever road start and we did not play well. Rushing game was doing decent but we decided to throw it away with an ill advised trick play. Iowa and Michigan were fairly solid offensive performances against a couple of decent defenses. This MSU offense is not built to put up 40 points, but they don't really need to. If we're discounting game-to-game improvement, then should I keep bringing up how FCS SDSU rushed for 6 YPC, 2 TDs and 200+ yards on your defense? I think it's safe to say that the MSU O and NU D are both better than they were to begin the season.

• Fire 1

There is a lot more pressure on MSU due to the fact that this is their last obstacle to Indy. They also realize they have never beaten us. MSUs dennard told espn that he is waiting for a call from fonzie about the game. He said he can't wait for bragging rights and wants to win so bad. When players get this mindset they are at times not mentally prepared. They are so juced up to win they make stupid mistakes. See Texas 2010. The crowd better be rocking

Hmm...

USF - 1 Offensive TD

Iowa - 2 Offensive TD's

Purdue - 1 Offensive TD

WMU and USF were a combination of 3 different QBs - Cook didn't actually get named the starting QB until YSU.

Notre Dame was a poor offensive performance for sure, Cook's first ever road start and we did not play well. Rushing game was doing decent but we decided to throw it away with an ill advised trick play. Iowa and Michigan were fairly solid offensive performances against a couple of decent defenses. This MSU offense is not built to put up 40 points, but they don't really need to. If we're discounting game-to-game improvement, then should I keep bringing up how FCS SDSU rushed for 6 YPC, 2 TDs and 200+ yards on your defense? I think it's safe to say that the MSU O and NU D are both better than they were to begin the season.

We aren't talking about Nebraska. We're talking about how you said the Purdue game was an abberation.

Hmm...

USF - 1 Offensive TD

Iowa - 2 Offensive TD's

Purdue - 1 Offensive TD

We aren't talking about Nebraska. We're talking about how you said the Purdue game was an abberation.

So what other games have we scored 7 offensive points in?

Iowa - 26

Indiana - 42

Purdue - 7

Illinois - 49

Michigan - 29

We even scored 13 in a pretty terrible offensive performance against ND, and the offense has improved by leaps and bounds since then.

There is a lot more pressure on MSU due to the fact that this is their last obstacle to Indy. They also realize they have never beaten us. MSUs dennard told espn that he is waiting for a call from fonzie about the game. He said he can't wait for bragging rights and wants to win so bad. When players get this mindset they are at times not mentally prepared. They are so juced up to win they make stupid mistakes. See Texas 2010. The crowd better be rocking

Don't you mean when our players get that mindest they aren't mentally prepared?

I dont' really see that happen with other teams. Not anywhere close to the same extent, at least.