He's not playing it off as fact however.

Neither was I.

I posted a link to an article and was told it was BS and not factual. I pointed out places it was factual, listed the rest as opinions of the author.

So, what's everyone's panties in a bunch for?

Because you are Devnet and you are good for one of these pointless arguments every week or so.

• Fire 3

I posted a link to an article and was told it was BS and not factual. I pointed out places it was factual, listed the rest as opinions of the author.

So, what's everyone's panties in a bunch for?

you posted an article and said "read it for even more reasons why he won't be here". (implying factual reasons) However, the only "more reasons" I could find were all opinion, as the only thing factual in the article (the show-clause stuff) has been reiterated a dozen times on this board.

Have to consider the fact that he's a guy pushing retirement age that would have to approach recruiting in a manner he didn't at Ohio State. It's a ton easier there. He's never had to chase, beat the bushes, and recruit nationally to the extent we do here. Also not only is he still under the show-cause with the NCAA but he may be on Delaney's sh*t-list. If Delaney doesn't like the hire we could find ourselves becoming very frustrated with the officiating we get.

I'd definitely take him over Frost, would be a decent hire, but he wouldn't be my top target.

Have to consider the fact that he's a guy pushing retirement age that would have to approach recruiting in a manner he didn't at Ohio State. It's a ton easier there. He's never had to chase, beat the bushes, and recruit nationally to the extent we do here. Also not only is he still under the show-cause with the NCAA but he may be on Delaney's sh*t-list. If Delaney doesn't like the hire we could find ourselves becoming very frustrated with the officiating we get.

I'd definitely take him over Frost, would be a decent hire, but he wouldn't be my top target.

• at this point, if we hire someone who won't last a long time, but get's us to relevance before they exit... i'm good with that.
  • frustrated with the officiating we get?? LMFAO yeah, i'd hate to get rid of those NFL level refs we get now.

with that said... i don't know what i want.

Poor relation with the commissioner would be a problem, I agree. I don't see that manifesting itself on the field with officiating and never believed it to be the case with the Big Twelve either. Still, that sounds like it could be trouble.

I've seen it speculated that the show cause thing wouldn't be a big deal, for us. Now I don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds promising.

Also can't truly speak to the accuracy of some high praise for his character, but if they're not wrong and he really is one of college football's good guys, this would make him top of my list at the first opportunity. Short term irrelevant; he would be a splash hire who would heal rifts and put Nebraska back on the map from day one, setting us up real well for the future. Not to mention short term success is as safe a risk as they come.