^^^This. the Michigan and MSU games backed me off the ledge quite a bit. We played pretty darned well in both those with the exception of turnovers and some suspect offensive play calling at points. I almost think I would be a lot happier, even with the exact same outcomes we've experienced this year, if the coaches had our defense attacking more like they have these last 2 games. Getting beat when it looks like you're trying is one thing, getting beat when you're playing pattycake is damned hard to watch, imo.

Both teams are terrible offensively. Why don't people understand that our sudden "improvement" on defense is due to playing terrible offensive teams? We played the same way against Illinois and Purdue, then looked helpless against Minnesota. After a bye-week. Nothing's changed but the competition. Wisconsin would hang +40 on us tomorrow.

I would agree that Mich and MSU are not offensive juggernauts. Actually UCLA is about the only decent offense we have faced and I'll give Minny some credit for shoving the ball down our throat. We definitely had, and still have, some issues defending the run. But if you can't see that our defense played immensely better games vs UM & Michigan, I'm not sure how much good it would do to tell you you're wrong. We've got some talent and when the coaches actually turn them loose to attack more, they have overall performed much better. Wiscy may very well hang forty on us but that would be a lot more dependent upon what kind of game Bo and Paps let our D play.

I've got an idea. Keep Bo and bring in Tressel as OC and maybe Beck and Paps can take turns fetching coffee.

Interesting.

How about Tressel as OC and Narduzzi as DC. Paps and Beck back to GAs. Then if we still cant win the B1G we get rid of Bo and Tress takes over with Nard as DC.

Sounds good but I'm not sure Beck and Paps are qualified for GA positions. When I said "take turns fetching coffee", that was a euphemism for actually fetching coffee, somewhere, for somebody else.

The Buckeye Fan asplodey would make hiring Tressel worth it all by itself.

Just like when MSU hired Dantonio, we were concerned. You guys getting Tressel would also be cause for concern.

Wonder who tressel would hire as his assistants, specially OC and DC

As long as your DC won't be Pagac, we won't care. If he does hire Pagac......Your Blackshirts will instantly be back.

Just like when MSU hired Dantonio, we were concerned. You guys getting Tressel would also be cause for concern.

As long as your DC won't be Pagac, we won't care. If he does hire Pagac......Your Blackshirts will instantly be back.

Depends on the individual, 66 years old, ride my mountain bike and road bike a little over 150 miles a week, compete in racing, Do 300 pushups every day, 500 situps, lift weight every other day, and play call of duty every night until midnight. Plus work a part time job 45-50 hours a week. He can do this if he wants. You are only as old as you feel and let yourself feel.

I think Tressel would be great hire, teaching Scott the ropes at Nebraska under a MNC winner. Said it a long time ago.

Also, both of our famous coaches did pretty much the same thing for their players. Osborne and Devaney.

You officially just became the coolest 66 year old of all time

Meh....not a huge Pagac fan. Dont see him being that great of a DC. Theres better out there to be had IMO.

Depends on the individual, 66 years old, ride my mountain bike and road bike a little over 150 miles a week, compete in racing, Do 300 pushups every day, 500 situps, lift weight every other day, and play call of duty every night until midnight. Plus work a part time job 45-50 hours a week. He can do this if he wants. You are only as old as you feel and let yourself feel.

Do you also come from a naturally strong family like WIFI? :D

In all seriousness if Bo were to leave whether it is from getting fired or leaving on his own, I would like the idea of hiring of Tressel. I met him once at a hotel when I was in college and they were playing at Iowa the next night. Very nice guy asked me about my school and who were playing the next day. Talked for about 15 minutes about football and all that good stuff. This would have been in 2005 or 2006 if my memory is correct.

I'd take Tressel, I know he has some baggage, but he's obviously got the pedigree that we are looking for as far as wins on the field, conferences titles, a national championship, etc. Has he done some dirty things? Yes, but I would hope he learned his lesson and would love the chance to come back and clear his name so to speak and spank the B1G.

So let's assume that Tressel is the #1 choice for ALL Nebraska fans. I realize that this is not the case but hear me out. He is the guy because of his coaching pedigree, recruiting abilities, and capable of putting together strong coaching staff.

But Nebraska may not hire him because of the lying and show-cause.

Who out there is as good as Tressel AND better than Bo?

Everyone bitches about wanting to win, but the second a coach who can do that is mentioned and has a few mishaps in the past, everyone is quick to shoot them down. Let's look at reality here, Tressel got CAUGHT, how about all the coaches are the SEC and elsewhere where they haven't been caught but do the same thing. Are you going to tell me Saban plays by the rules. People would soil their pants if Saban was a possibility to come here but the truth is, he's probably had many more violations and ethical situations than Tressel or anyone in the NCAA. The real question is, do you want to win big games and make the next step? Or do you want another good moral person who give us another mediocre 6 year run and then we can start this all over again? Then stop worrying about a few mistakes a previous coach has made.

Tressel is likely on of the more "sure thing" hires. We could hire a Frost type guy and implode, I don't think that's going to happen with Tressel...not even close. You could pretty well guarantee our 9 win minimum. Baggage or not, I'd be on board with this hire. Plenty of coaches are carrying far more baggage and working their way back into the ranks. It's be nice to take advantage of the situation. I think Nebraska would like Tressel more than we think.

Bo's teams win minimum 9 games, and we wouldn't have the same baggage as Tressel would bring :dunno

and not many more. Tressel could get us over the hump - but he'd be a safe hire for all of those thinking the next guy will be just like Callahan.