What about hiring Tressel and strongly encouraging him to hire Frost as OC/associate head coach. Frost would be getting a promotion, get to be he head coach for the first 6 games of the season and the bowl game, and be our next coach-in-waiting.

I know you want Tressel to hire his own guys and don't want to limit him, but the guy would owe us one for hiring him. Just depends on if they would get along.

Based on coaching alone, Tressel would be a walk-off grand slam hire. Obviously, he's got the baggage that comes along with it, specifically missing five games and then a post-season ban. That puts a lot of pressure on assistant coaches to make sure the program stays afloat while Tressel sits in his time out corner.

The decision making is also in question because of why he left tOSU. He knew what was going on and blatantly lied about it. I will say this, though - there are a lot of coaches that have hidden things like this, or made shady decisions. That doesn't excuse what Tressel did at all. But, if every coach's dirty laundry fell into the spotlight like Tressel's did, I imagine we'd see handfuls of coaches lose their jobs.

I understand the argument for his hiring, but I also certainly can't tell the people that don't like him that they're wrong, because their argument is just as valid.

Tressel is likely on of the more "sure thing" hires. We could hire a Frost type guy and implode, I don't think that's going to happen with Tressel...not even close. You could pretty well guarantee our 9 win minimum. Baggage or not, I'd be on board with this hire. Plenty of coaches are carrying far more baggage and working their way back into the ranks. It's be nice to take advantage of the situation. I think Nebraska would like Tressel more than we think.

Tressel is likely on of the more "sure thing" hires. We could hire a Frost type guy and implode, I don't think that's going to happen with Tressel...not even close. You could pretty well guarantee our 9 win minimum. Baggage or not, I'd be on board with this hire. Plenty of coaches are carrying far more baggage and working their way back into the ranks. It's be nice to take advantage of the situation. I think Nebraska would like Tressel more than we think.

Bo's teams win minimum 9 games, and we wouldn't have the same baggage as Tressel would bring :dunno

i think the mich. win saved bo's job if for no other reason we finally saw some real potential in this team and can believe that the future really is bright and it is not just smoke and mirrors like it has been when we thought we were about to turn a corner. it may still be just smoke and mirrors, but i think it is reasonable to be pretty hopeful and that buys a lot of patience. imo.

^^^This. the Michigan and MSU games backed me off the ledge quite a bit. We played pretty darned well in both those with the exception of turnovers and some suspect offensive play calling at points. I almost think I would be a lot happier, even with the exact same outcomes we've experienced this year, if the coaches had our defense attacking more like they have these last 2 games. Getting beat when it looks like you're trying is one thing, getting beat when you're playing pattycake is damned hard to watch, imo.

Depends on the individual, 66 years old, ride my mountain bike and road bike a little over 150 miles a week, compete in racing, Do 300 pushups every day, 500 situps, lift weight every other day, and play call of duty every night until midnight. Plus work a part time job 45-50 hours a week. He can do this if he wants. You are only as old as you feel and let yourself feel.

I think Tressel would be great hire, teaching Scott the ropes at Nebraska under a MNC winner. Said it a long time ago.

Also, both of our famous coaches did pretty much the same thing for their players. Osborne and Devaney.

• Fire 2

i think the mich. win saved bo's job if for no other reason we finally saw some real potential in this team and can believe that the future really is bright and it is not just smoke and mirrors like it has been when we thought we were about to turn a corner. it may still be just smoke and mirrors, but i think it is reasonable to be pretty hopeful and that buys a lot of patience. imo.

^^^This. the Michigan and MSU games backed me off the ledge quite a bit. We played pretty darned well in both those with the exception of turnovers and some suspect offensive play calling at points. I almost think I would be a lot happier, even with the exact same outcomes we've experienced this year, if the coaches had our defense attacking more like they have these last 2 games. Getting beat when it looks like you're trying is one thing, getting beat when you're playing pattycake is damned hard to watch, imo.

Both teams are terrible offensively. Why don't people understand that our sudden "improvement" on defense is due to playing terrible offensive teams? We played the same way against Illinois and Purdue, then looked helpless against Minnesota. After a bye-week. Nothing's changed but the competition. Wisconsin would hang +40 on us tomorrow.

I've got an idea. Keep Bo and bring in Tressel as OC and maybe Beck and Paps can take turns fetching coffee.

Interesting.

How about Tressel as OC and Narduzzi as DC. Paps and Beck back to GAs. Then if we still cant win the B1G we get rid of Bo and Tress takes over with Nard as DC.