Landlord hit the nail on the head.

Tressel's's show cause penalties include no coaching activities for five games. That means summer camp, practices recruiting, nada. Then he can't coach in a conference championship or bowl game either. Why pay for a coach that couldn't do half a years work. Stupid

But the overall dirt that surrounds the guy should be more than enough to stop bringing him up. Ask his last two ADs he worked for what they think of the guy........pretty damning

The guy lied to the NCAA and was nailed for it. He may not be clean but he isn't any worse than many other coaches out there. If you want to believe all of the crap written about him by people trying to go after OSU, be my guest.

i do not really care about tressel, but i agree with you. he did something bad and paid for it. also, the 'scandal' was rather tame. it involved individuals trading personal property for tattoos. i do not think that should bar him from coaching again. however, he needs to go to a decent mid-level school just to clear those show cause penalties.

Ah, the ever popular "everyone else does the same thing" defense. Always a crowd favorite.

Is that directed at me? If so, I am sure every coach screws up and that was my point. As an OSU fan, I think he got what he deserved. Maybe I am cynical but I don't think you can coach at this level and be totally clean.

Ah, the ever popular "everyone else does the same thing" defense. Always a crowd favorite.

i just do not think what he did was that bad, that is all. and i think that it is important that he was punished and suffered the consequences. i do not think he should be prohibited from ever coaching again. i am not advocating that he should be the coach here, but i would not want his past to be the reason not to hire him.

Hiring Tressel, is like nailing a girl that you'll know will give you the clap...

If the clap is a strange euphemism for winning a lot of games, then sure, he will give you the clap.

I won't say that Nebraska should hire Tressel, if Bo's ship sinks, because there might be a lot better options out there. I will say that he would be a good fit at Nebraska.

Hiring Tressel, is like nailing a girl that you'll know will give you the clap...

If the clap is a strange euphemism for winning a lot of games, then sure, he will give you the clap.

I won't say that Nebraska should hire Tressel, if Bo's ship sinks, because there might be a lot better options out there. I will say that he would be a good fit at Nebraska.

Ok, a hot girl that will give you the clap...

I think he would be a good fit here. I do not swallow all the stuff said after he was fired/resigned. He did the same thing that one of our legendary coaches did, well maybe both legendary coaches did. He tried to protect his kids. Ohio State never benefited from the tats. And I just wonder, where all these poor college kids, that play for every college get these tats that we see every weekend, covering their arms. Maybe, and most likely few pay for them. Advertising my friends. The starter for ___________ has my tats, you would look good in them.

The guy lied to the NCAA and was nailed for it. He may not be clean but he isn't any worse than many other coaches out there. If you want to believe all of the crap written about him by people trying to go after OSU, be my guest.

Regardless, he did the one thing wrong that brought on such treatment. Before that little fib he was one step bellow Jesus in the college ranks. It's just my opinion that we not gravitate to hiring him as our coach. With that would come scrutiny for Nebraska as well. I dont agree with it, but the perception drives everything. A person just has to watch his/her p's and q's now a days, and Tressel unfortunately slipped.

I understand all the baggage issue that would be related to the hire. I keep reading on here that we need to make a BIG SPLASH if we let Bo go. That would be a huge splash. Lets not forget that he turned OSU around. You could put him on a short leash and make sure that he isn't doing anything that would cause embarrassment of the school.

I am not saying we need to hire him, just thought it would be an interesting hire.

I understand all the baggage issue that would be related to the hire. I keep reading on here that we need to make a BIG SPLASH if we let Bo go. That would be a huge splash. Lets not forget that he turned OSU around. You could put him on a short leash and make sure that he isn't doing anything that would cause embarrassment of the school.

I am not saying we need to hire him, just thought it would be an interesting hire.

We're not gonna be able to lure in that "splash" hire. We just wont. No way we're gonna get the guys with the high stock right now like the Strongs, Briles, and so on. What we would have to do is find that next up and coming Nick Saban or Urban Meyer that are still making their hay in the lower ranks. The next Saban when he was at Toledo. The next Meyer when he was at Bowling Green and Utah. The next Tressel when he was at Youngstown St. and so on. A guy who has cut his teeth as a first time Head Coach at a lower level, gained the experience, and is now motivated to take on the next challenge. Then we get him here, and he gets engrained to the Nebraska culture and so on so that he never wants to leave.

But who knows. It's a little shaky right now, and the jury is still out, but I like to think that Bo is that guys. We just have to deal with him gaining that experience under our watch. And when I get seriously frustrated i have to sit myself back with some perspective and think of the challenges he's had in his nearly 6 years from revamping coaching staffs, to trying to rebuild a special program BEHIND THE SCENES, conference change, anemic offense to anemic defense and now as it appears back to full circle at the moment, battling through some VERY subpar recruiting cycles, and yet, still getting 9-10 wins every year, and 3 conference championship games in 5 years. If you look at it with some perspective, it's hard to argue that we need to stick with him until he gets over the hump or the wheels come off.

• Fire 2