This Game is in the Bag

BRI,

This is the game of the year for us. Everything is riding on this game, in honesty our season, our head coaches future, the teams mental health. We have improved the last two weeks, so there is room for hope no question. I think if we see the same team we had last week, with a week's improvement, we give Sparty all they want. I am concerned about our mash unit offense, but if they come through, it will set the mind set for next year. Last year we had a lot of luck, this year we have the hail marry, but last week was a true game played, every effort given. Maybe not the best game ever played, but it showed we have pulse. A drive that had not been there all year. I am hoping it was not a one time thing. We have seen that in the past. But all the insiders keep telling us that the talent is there, it did look like it last week. By no means the team we are looking for, but the team that could develop into that team.

I think we will see that team hit the field. We need them to. It is up to the staff to keep that attitude through the game, with great adjustments and confidence in what we are doing and can do.

Great post. My feelings exactly.

I have vacillated so much on this one game. Earlier in the season I was not worried about MSU at all. It seems every year we've been in the B1G their defense is over hyped pre and early season and then we ended up handling them fine. Now, as this current season has progressed, our offense has not been as prolific as I thought it would be, we've suffered devastating injury loses on our line, to WR's, and to TM, and our defense which started out badly has shown some real progress the past 2 weeks but, our depleted, under performing offense seems no match for their defense. But as I look at who they've actually played and their results, it seems that possibly they've acquired those defensive stats at the hands of some less than stellar opponents.

The scary thing is, I no longer have any feeling of how our team will actually perform. My gut tells me this might be the break through game we've been waiting for. Problem is, every time I have THAT feeling these past few years, that is when reality slaps me upside the head. There is absolutely no outcome that would surprise me. Blowout win, blowout loss, close game, well played, poorly played...... I need a hug.

• Fire 1

Wow. I wish I could agree-I really do but I think this is the one we lose. We're so banged up-so beat up and today they announced that Maudy is out. I would love a win even if it's by 1 point but I can't see it. Unless MSU just totally implodes and that could happen, I think this is the one we drop. :(

chances are you are right...but what can we really expect or demand from this team with all of the injuries... I would not be shocked if the mystique of Memorial Stadium causes MSU to commit errors and we win a close one. If we lose, it won't be the end of the world.

Huskers have beaten Mich State the last few times. So it must work like that regardless and always. How original thinking. Here's a new concept: Give the Spartans the credit they deserve going into the game first. By the way, your "heard it hear first" idea is a 50/50 chance of being right, stupid or not. They are favorite to win for a reason. You made no sense.

I'm a big Cornhusker fan too. I'm just saying a win is awesome. Until it happens, they deserve to be the favorite to beat us. No shame in that man.

Making a Bobby Fischer like appearance...

LOL. Man I'm just giving Sparty their due. Come tomorrow we will see if we protect our house :)