what we learned MSU edition

hskerprid

1. MSU Defense was not impressive. Nebraska ran all they wanted to one them

Nah, come on. Maybe not the best defense in the history of college football, but they're darn good, and our beat-up offense, when it wasn't making untimely miscues, deserve credit for actually hitting them in the mouth numerous times and in multiple ways.

A lot of credit.

1. MSU Defense was not impressive. Nebraska ran all they wanted to one them

Nah, come on. Maybe not the best defense in the history of college football, but they're darn good, and our beat-up offense, when it wasn't making untimely miscues, deserve credit for actually hitting them in the mouth numerous times and in multiple ways.

A lot of credit.

We almost had 400 yards of offense on them take away a few of those dumb turnover mistakes we made and we easily hang 450+ yards on their D and probably hang 10-14 more points on the board.

Our defense can still make horrid offenses look good (though they did look most of the time)

Tommy Armstrong is not the "future" of Nebraska if he can't learn how to throw a helluva lot more accurate

Beck needs to be packing his bags and walking out of Lincoln...now

The injuries on the O-line are having a huge negative impact

This team still cannot figure out how to maintain ball security

I guess the pasture is always greener on the other side for some.

If you think this pasture is green then that's your opinion. I like Bo. I want him to get better but he needs to hire competent people around him that can improve the staff. This team reminds me of the last 3...sloppy, sloppy, sloppy...that's our identity...

I will agree with you 1000000% on the assistants...I am NOT fond of Beck at all. What frustrates me more then anything is the players not being aggressive enough, especially on offense.

I don't like how Beck gets away from the ground game so soon. Too many 3rd and longs due to incompletions on 2nd down. I believe we could have ran the ball well on Michigan State had we stuck to it.

I learned absolutely nothing about this team that I didn't already know.

I learned at least a few more posters have reached the breaking point with Bo and/or Beck and/or Paps.

I learned that some posters will never ever hold this staff accountable for what the players do or fail to do on the field of play.

I had it confirmed that our special teams is in shambles and has been doing nothing but getting worse.

I learned that to be considered the number one defense in the country, all it takes is an easy schedule, with teams who are willing to beat themselves, and the ability to not screw that situation up. I was not impressed with MSU but I give them all the credit in the world for not f'ing up like we did.

• Fire 1

I guess the pasture is always greener on the other side for some.

If you think this pasture is green then that's your opinion. I like Bo. I want him to get better but he needs to hire competent people around him that can improve the staff. This team reminds me of the last 3...sloppy, sloppy, sloppy...that's our identity...

I will agree with you 1000000% on the assistants...I am NOT fond of Beck at all. What frustrates me more then anything is the players not being aggressive enough, especially on offense.

I don't like how Beck gets away from the ground game so soon. Too many 3rd and longs due to incompletions on 2nd down. I believe we could have ran the ball well on Michigan State had we stuck to it.

This. Run the ball on 2nd down, set up 3rd and 4, instead of 3rd and 8 with our inaccurate QB.

I learned absolutely nothing about this team that I didn't already know.

I learned at least a few more posters have reached the breaking point with Bo and/or Beck and/or Paps.

I learned that some posters will never ever hold this staff accountable for what the players do or fail to do on the field of play.

I had it confirmed that our special teams is in shambles and has been doing nothing but getting worse.

I learned that to be considered the number one defense in the country, all it takes is an easy schedule, with teams who are willing to beat themselves, and the ability to not screw that situation up. I was not impressed with MSU but I give them all the credit in the world for not f'ing up like we did.

Yeah their D is not great. They're just solid. If they play an offense with a pulse that doesn't kill itself they'll look pretty average. I think they're probably about the 15th D in the country honestly.

If you are putting this games miscues on the coaching staff, you have NO idea what the hell your talking about. These players need to hold each other accountable for their actions.

I thought this was a fair point . . . 4 years ago.

This is a whole new set of players.

This this and more this. I sometimes wonder if certain posters have actually followed Nebraska football for the past 6 years...

And I wonder why people follow Husker football when they do nothing but bitch about the team.

I agree, they're almost as bad as the people who join a Husker fan forum to predominantly complain about Husker fans.

+1

as others have posted... MSU was not overly impressive. They looked good (but not great) on defense. They looked OK at best offensively. They will get just curb-stomped by OSU... and... I am not sure exactly how good OSU is, but MSU is a fringe top 20 team at best.

As for NU... we saw what we have been seeing for some time now. Not a bunch to learn. But a few guys look good. I was impressed with Burch. Gregory looked good... real good. I also liked the speed from Cross... he can scoot for a big guy. TA is going to be a fairly solid passer I'd think --- struggling some now... but he is young. As for dual threat... that he is not nor will he be.

If you are putting this games miscues on the coaching staff, you have NO idea what the hell your talking about. These players need to hold each other accountable for their actions.

I thought this was a fair point . . . 4 years ago.

This is a whole new set of players.

This this and more this. I sometimes wonder if certain posters have actually followed Nebraska football for the past 6 years...

I wonder if some people have followed Nebraska for the last 30 years as I have.

Hi ;)