Coordinators

These threads couldn't be dumber.

I suppose Tim Beck does need to stop calling those fumbled snap plays. And those ones where Tommy throws behind the WR. Oh and the one where Westy drops the return.

Defense. What more could you ask of them?

Not to give up 41 points. Or letting them convert over half of their third downs.

Coaches are responsible for the substandard mental readiness and lack of discipline their team shows. Unless I was that drunk in the late 90's and forgot the part where Tom Osborne blamed a player for not executing his brilliant gameplan.

You don't watch a lot of football do you?

Our defense didn't give up 41 points.

Yeah, they did.

Sure the offense put them in bad positions but they gave those points up. Every. Single. One.

Excusing the defense for that is fine, but then you need to admit Nebraska sucks. Because they suck. Hard.

I agree......defense was great. My biggest complaint about Beck is going away from the ground game. I understand it's speculation on my part, but I think we got away from the ground game too quickly, especially on 2nd down.

The only time he went away from the ground game was the last two drives, in my opinion. I thought he showed great restraint not getting cute throughout the game until that point - we took some shots in the passing game, sure, but we established the run and we kept running it.

He took those shots on 2nd and long. It's simple football. Those shots are for 1st down and 2nd and short. Like you said, we established the run. So what does he do on 2nd and 8? Get cute with some playaction that results in 3rd and long. And it didnt just happen once or twice. It was a trend all day. So now we've taken the ball out of Ameer's hand 2 out of 3 plays. i just dont know how it cant be seen by the guys the matter. it's just bein over thought way too much.

I've always thought it was the defense's job to keep the ball out of the endzone, regardless of starting field position. If the ball get's turned over in field goal range, then yeah it's hard to blame the defense too much for giving up a field goal. But just conceding a touchdown because of bad field position? That's crap, and indicative of a mentally soft team - which boils down to coaching.

• Fire 1

These threads couldn't be dumber.

I suppose Tim Beck does need to stop calling those fumbled snap plays. And those ones where Tommy throws behind the WR. Oh and the one where Westy drops the return.

I was behind the coaching staff at halftime. Beck lost me in the second half.

The call to pull the guard at the goal line was one of the worst play calls I've ever seen.

• Fire 1

Why the hell would you make a thread like this?

Our coordinators did a fine job today - Beck had a solid, creative, fundamental gameplan that moved the football better than anyone against the best defense in the nation. Papuchis' defense got what should have been plenty of stops against a good offense, but was put in a near impossible position too many times.

If you want to fire our coordinators, this is one of the last games to use as incentive for it.

This, except I'd still call it Bo's defense.

Beck has to go at a minimum. Our offense has no identity and they haven't recruited to an identity. This up-tempo BS isn't working either. Why do we go no-huddle just to have the center stand over the ball for 30 seconds? This scheme isn't working on a consistent basis. Let's slow the game down, give our Defense rest and back to physical and efficient football.

Paps is just a puppet which means he is wasted salary. Get rid of him and bring in someone to run the Defense so Bo can be the manager.

For Bo, I think if he wins out he will get another chance at rebuilding. One more loss it's 50-50, two more and I think he's done. Even if he stays, I'm not sure the administration allows him to hire the new coordinators.

I fire Bo. Things are subpar because of Bo not the coordinators.

Doesn't matter who the ACs are, the HC keeps them accountable. Bo hasn't gotten the job done. Enough of the scapegoating.

Whether it is Bo or his coordinators matters not. Either way, Bo is responsible... he hired them. He is the boss. The buck stops with Bo.

Totally agree here. While I don't believe our coaches were "outcoached" today as has been the case in other losses in recent years, it doesn't make sense to keep firing the coordinators when the HC simply isn't getting the job done.

I've always thought it was the defense's job to keep the ball out of the endzone, regardless of starting field position. If the ball get's turned over in field goal range, then yeah it's hard to blame the defense too much for giving up a field goal. But just conceding a touchdown because of bad field position? That's crap, and indicative of a mentally soft team - which boils down to coaching.

What you say makes absolutely ZERO sense. It lacks context. It's not that Michigan State started a drive in our territory, it's that it started drives inside our TEN yard line.

I fire Bo. Things are subpar because of Bo not the coordinators.

Doesn't matter who the ACs are, the HC keeps them accountable. Bo hasn't gotten the job done. Enough of the scapegoating.

Whether it is Bo or his coordinators matters not. Either way, Bo is responsible... he hired them. He is the boss. The buck stops with Bo.

Totally agree here. While I don't believe our coaches were "outcoached" today as has been the case in other losses in recent years, it doesn't make sense to keep firing the coordinators when the HC simply isn't getting the job done.

So, do you think firing Bo will make Beck a better offensive coordinator?

Beck has to go at a minimum. Our offense has no identity and they haven't recruited to an identity. This up-tempo BS isn't working either. Why do we go no-huddle just to have the center stand over the ball for 30 seconds? This scheme isn't working on a consistent basis. Let's slow the game down, give our Defense rest and back to physical and efficient football.

Paps is just a puppet which means he is wasted salary. Get rid of him and bring in someone to run the Defense so Bo can be the manager.

For Bo, I think if he wins out he will get another chance at rebuilding. One more loss it's 50-50, two more and I think he's done. Even if he stays, I'm not sure the administration allows him to hire the new coordinators.

Bo won't fire anyone. I both respect him and hate him for that. Having a winning season even against a horrible schedule will reinforce his resistance to change.

Our coordinators did a fine job today - Beck had a solid, creative, fundamental gameplan that moved the football better than anyone against the best defense in the nation. Papuchis' defense got what should have been plenty of stops against a good offense, but was put in a near impossible position too many times.

If you want to fire our coordinators, this is one of the last games to use as incentive for it.

I used to generally like what you have had to say but, lately I have been less than impressed with your know it all attitude.

To answer your question.

I asked the question because of the many people on here calling for Beck, Pap, etc. Sorry I offended you, Landlord.

I used to generally like what you have had to say but, lately I have been less than impressed with your know it all attitude.

To answer your question.

I asked the question because of the many people on here calling for Beck, Pap, etc. Sorry I offended you, Landlord.

Admittedly I've been ornery and short on patience the last few months and it's shown. No excuses for that, just really tired of listening to the same idiotic things year after year, game after game (not directing this towards you).

Now that I reread your original post I get the purpose a little bit better, and should have directed my post more directly towards the people that are calling for Beck's and Papuchis' jobs rather than at your thread.

Bo won't fire anyone. I both respect him and hate him for that. Having a winning season even against a horrible schedule will reinforce his resistance to change.

If he doesn't make drastic changes then he will probably be the one to go. I would have to think the Boosters are getting fed up and not that they are always right, they do pay for a lot. Bo is really backed up against the wall here, I don't think he can afford no action.

If he doesn't make drastic changes then he will probably be the one to go. I would have to think the Boosters are getting fed up and not that they are always right, they do pay for a lot. Bo is really backed up against the wall here, I don't think he can afford no action.

True, but Callahan didn't do anything either. Fire Cosgrove and he might have survived another year.