Is this where you thought Nebraska would be heading into Season 3 of Big Ten?

I thought we would have established an offensive identity and maintained Pelini's defensive performance. We've done neither, though we have an opportunity to do both. Let's make no mistake about this: we are in a bad division of a bad conference. There is still an opportunity for Pelini to accomplish something.

You hit the nail on the head...bad division, bad conference, and with a soft schedule, this should have been the year to Pelini to accomplish something. What exactly is he going to accomplish this year? What major goal that the team set early in the year will be accomplished?

Oh this year is most definitely over. I thought it was after Minnesota. Now it's just more official.

Going forward, we have talent on the D-line, we return some major contributors on offense next year, lot of lineman getting real snaps. And the schedule stays weak. Pelini CAN get it done, but I think it's going to involve him making some very unpleasant decisions with regard to his friends. I don't want to get dramatic, but I think that's what the medium-term future of this program burns down to.

Do you think he will do that to his buddies? I have zero faith in him changing about half the coaches. Too much loyalty to them, and there is no way he's going to find them jobs elsewhere that pay similar. What we do know is this bunch is incapable of doing the job they were hired to do.

What really pisses me off is Bo seems to be have created a coaching training ground.... Hire young inexperienced friends in hope they can move on. Bo has interviewed for other HC positions as well. I just don't get it. Are we just a stepping stone for him?

A stepping stone to anywhere? No

A stepping stone to Ohio St? yes, we probably were all along. But I'm not upset about that. It's his home state and alma mater.

Lots of good points, and some silly crap above.

We have the talent, I think, for certain. Our players are (or can develop into) absolute stars. Right now, I see them as disjointed pieces of a machine, not all working in perfect sync. There are some issues because of youth but I see no reason to think the team cannot improve greatly.

But, wow, we need to change up some of our staff. Beck, probably. Maybe Pap. I keep coming back to S&C though, too. Every team has injuries, but ours seem to last longer, have greater impact, and be more widespread than is usual. We are one of the most beat-up teams I am aware of, and that signals something is wrong in the S&C area. It's not like we're playing elite teams every week, but we are full of walking wounded, guys getting knocked out nearly every play this game with MSU. Something's wrong.

Are we where I thought we would be in 3years? No, I thought we would have a conference title by now(see last year). This year is exactly what I have expected. We had an extremely young defense to begin the year. The only reason we thought we should be winning is because of a back loaded schedule. Welcome to the back load of the schedule. The teams are good and we are holding on by the seat of our pants. Enjoy the ride and hope we win out.

Are we where I thought we would be in 3years? No, I thought we would have a conference title by now(see last year). This year is exactly what I have expected. We had an extremely young defense to begin the year. The only reason we thought we should be winning is because of a back loaded schedule. Welcome to the back load of the schedule. The teams are good and we are holding on by the seat of our pants. Enjoy the ride and hope we win out.

Who is a good team? The three we lost to? Mich is the only team with a winning record we have beaten this year. Mich is the only team we have beaten that is probably even going to make a bowl game this year. Southern Miss, Purdue and Illinois already have 7 or more losses. NW is going to get eliminated next week. Wyoming has to win 2 of the next 3, and thats very unlikely. Its a joke,

Okay, I call BS.

Damned near every poster on this board during the change of conference expected us to dominate the first year. We would take the Big Ten by storm, our D was too fast for them. On and on.

We got exactly what most wanted on this site. A totally inexperience coach, seldom capable of controlling his temper, and a team playing out of control most of the time.

Most with a lick of common sense, knew this was going to be a tough year with the way we played last year. Undermanned last year, and depending on kids that had never played a lick. Alas the great saving grace that most embraced was the F_____g easy schedule. The Proud Nebraska way!!!!

Now most of the oldtimers are screaming how we have not improved, do not see the possibilities of improvement. Who knows, but the defense looked better, the offense is a mess, not only injuries, but a complete idiot calling the plays. Who some on here figured would be a head coach because of his great abilities. Yea Right! Anyone still worried about losing a single one of our coaches?

These kids are playing their guts out. They are doing everything they can to win. Many reasons they are not, but not due to lack of effort.

A good coach makes a big difference. SEE USC, SEE Auburn.

Do not be afraid to make a change, there is not a coach in the country that does not think they could do a better job than what is being done here.

• Fire 3

Okay, I call BS.

Damned near every poster on this board during the change of conference expected us to dominate the first year. We would take the Big Ten by storm, our D was too fast for them. On and on.

We got exactly what most wanted on this site. A totally inexperience coach, seldom capable of controlling his temper, and a team playing out of control most of the time.

Most with a lick of common sense, knew this was going to be a tough year with the way we played last year. Undermanned last year, and depending on kids that had never played a lick. Alas the great saving grace that most embraced was the F_____g easy schedule. The Proud Nebraska way!!!!

Now most of the oldtimers are screaming how we have not improved, do not see the possibilities of improvement. Who knows, but the defense looked better, the offense is a mess, not only injuries, but a complete idiot calling the plays. Who some on here figured would be a head coach because of his great abilities. Yea Right! Anyone still worried about losing a single one of our coaches?

These kids are playing their guts out. They are doing everything they can to win. Many reasons they are not, but not due to lack of effort.

Do not be afraid to make a change, there is not a coach in the country that does not think they could do a better job than what is being done here.

Didn't you just say last week that Pelini has earned another year here?

This team was supposed to coast to a division title on the back of a very easy schedule, and, if they could survive UCLA early, they would have a chance to be unbeaten on Nov. 9 facing a possibly unbeaten Michigan squad in the Big House. Remember how plausible that sounded?

Yep. Sure do. And it was completely achievable.

• Fire 1
Okay, I call BS.

Crap. Skersfan and I agree completely agree. The board is crashing now.

This team was supposed to coast to a division title on the back of a very easy schedule, and, if they could survive UCLA early, they would have a chance to be unbeaten on Nov. 9 facing a possibly unbeaten Michigan squad in the Big House. Remember how plausible that sounded?

Yep. Sure do. And it was completely achievable.

I agree. Our offense has ended up being a train wreck. We continue to struggle to find a quarterback that doesn't turn the ball over.

If this is true, it's weird how many of those coaches turned us down in 2003.

That's like a thousand football years ago bro and the AD is WAY different

If this is true, it's weird how many of those coaches turned us down in 2003.

That's like a thousand football years ago bro and the AD is WAY different

10 years by the Caesar calendar. Do you know how Eichorst operates?