Bo's Future - - I'm Happy with Him Staying

When one players has a bad day, its the players issue. When the entire offense was playing like sh#t (not Ameer), its on the coaches. Lastly, Bo hasn't saved us from anything. We are consistently out of the top 25 in both ranking and recruiting, we get blown out when playing anyone worth mentioning, we haven't won a championship in 6 years, failed to make it to any BCS games - he has cruised the ship into mediocrity. Other than winning our Division once in the last 3 years, we are no better than Tennessee.

The whole offense played like sh#t? Offensive line opened up holes for Ameer and I can't remember a sack being given up, so they played pretty well. Kenny Bell and Sam Burtch had nice games. Imani only had three carries, one of which was a 51 yard TD run. Tommy Armstrong is really the only player on offense that played poorly. Four out of the five turnovers were on him.

I don't like blaming certain players for the loss and it was by no means his fault we lost, but when you say the entire offense played like sh#t, its just an ignorant statement.

Ill agree. Offense pretty much did what they wanted when we held on to the ball. I was pretty hard on Beck's plan and playcalling as a kneejerk last night, but rewatching the game, the only real issue I had is that he pretty much took the ball out of Ameer's hands when the man was ready to put all of us on his back. The thing is, we were going to have limited opportunities to score anyway. It's a far overrated D, but it's a really good one anyway. We used up them limited chances by getting back in the game on 3 occasions, and with 5 turnovers that resulted in points for them. I have very few complaints about either side of the ball really. Defense did all they could do. You just cant ask a group that young to respond time and time again in such tough situations.

I sill see progress on Defense. I still see a team that doesnt quit. But I also see a team that cant help hut get in its own way. I want Bo to stay.

With that said next year is another favorable schedule. All this youth will be well seasoned. Ameer Bell and Enunwa will all be back. 12 wins should be expected and reachable.

• Fire 1

After the Minnesota debacle, I was all for running Bo out of town. However, the last 3 weeks have shown me that I just emotionally overreacted. Bo was not responsible for those 5 turnovers yesterday. We could have beaten Bama if they would have given us 5 turnovers. The reality is that those 5 turnovers were simply the result of an overzealous, rookie QB. However, today's miscues will be tomorrow's gain.

When I stop and look at our program, we are not that far away. We keep winning 9 games a year. Yes, I want more, but we are on the right track. I am most pleased that Bo has made major changes in the last three weeks. Moreover, this year has been better. With Garrison as OL coach, we have gotten substantially better. We have tons of talent in the wings. We are almost there.

Things could be worse: We could be Tennessee, Colorado, Washington, Syracuse, or any other team that used to have a pulse but don't have anything close to it. Bo has saved us from that. Truth be told, I'd give Bo three more years to make us a top ten team. I think he can do it. There are so many reasons to be optimistic for the future. Le'ts win the next two games, and then hopefully we'll play Texas in whatever that Arizona bowl is called. If we ended the year with beating Texas, this will have been a good year.

How far away are we from it being in the bag?

Earlier in the season when the defense was awful, I wanted Bo gone after this year as well. Now, the defense is showing its potential, and I want nothing more than to keep Bo, let him get an OC who knows what he's doing, and see what happens in the next 2 or 3 years. If we don't win 9 games next year, then you could consider letting him go. All the pieces are in place, and throwing a wrench into this team (a coaching change) would be the absolute worst thing that we could do at this point.

If Bo chooses to move on on his own, then so be it. Plain and simple, I don't get that impression from him like some others have.

• Fire 2

How far away are we from it being in the bag?

Dude, I am so sorry. My aunt is an alumna of Michigan State. When I wasn't looking, she hacked into my account and posted that "It's in the Bag" post under my name. She actually meant that it was in the bag for MSU. Either way, I'm filing a lawsuit against her on Monday. Wretched old lady!

kanye-wtf.gif

My money's on Bo. In spite of the loss yesterday, we have some really good things happening to this team. Our defense has improved, we have some exciting talent on the offensive side of the ball and these young kids are tough! What I would like to see, though, would be additional staff to take care of Special Teams, maybe a different OC, more time spent on teaching these boys how to effectively tackle and take care of the ball.

Football seems to be cyclical. All of the top teams today have been through their times of mediocrity. Alabama wasn't always as good as they are now, FSU has had their down time and Baylor used to be the Big8 and Big12 whipping boy. I'm hoping that we can be patient just a little while longer to see what this crop of kids can do.

My money's on Bo. In spite of the loss yesterday, we have some really good things happening to this team. Our defense has improved, we have some exciting talent on the offensive side of the ball and these young kids are tough! What I would like to see, though, would be additional staff to take care of Special Teams, maybe a different OC, more time spent on teaching these boys how to effectively tackle and take care of the ball.

Football seems to be cyclical. All of the top teams today have been through their times of mediocrity. Alabama wasn't always as good as they are now, FSU has had their down time and Baylor used to be the Big8 and Big12 whipping boy. I'm hoping that we can be patient just a little while longer to see what this crop of kids can do.

Seems like I've heard this story before.

Seems like I've heard this story before.

every year for 6 years

I sill see progress on Defense. I still see a team that doesnt quit. But I also see a team that cant help hut get in its own way. I want Bo to stay.

With that said next year is another favorable schedule. All this youth will be well seasoned. Ameer Bell and Enunwa will all be back. 12 wins should be expected and reachable.

A team that can't help but get in its own way for 6 years is a problem. Enunwa will not be back. He has a chance to be really good if he can get on the right team in the Canadian Football League. Going into this season, we had 3 losable games the schedule was so easy. We went 1-2 in those games and lost another non-losable game against Minnesota. Next year's schedule has 5-6 losable games on paper. I bring this up because if you say next year 12 wins should be expected and reachable, that means you feel this season 12 or 13 wins should be expected and reachable and we came up well, well short of that expectation.

I'm not saying Bo should go or Bo should stay, but what you said doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you claim next year looks bright without recognizing this year's under performance.