Putting the 9 wins debate to bed

Look, I am not advocating Peterson. He is not even on my short list. What my angle was is that we are going to open the wallet for our next hire when Bo is gone. Which Vegas feels is this season. EZ i get your view on all of this you think Bo and staff rock at recruiting and are these awesome people that love Nebraska and it is their dream jobs etc. We are obviously both on completely opposing sides on this and practically all things pertaining to the direction of the program.

Just curious, you've probably stated elsewhere, but who is on your short list?

1. James Franklin

2. Jim Tressel

3. Mark Hudspeth

4. Tim Deruyter

5. Bobby Wilder

6. Bobby Petrino

7. Scott Frost

8. Joe Moglia

Every single one of these guys are better than what we have.

:sarcasm

The only one Id want is Jim Tressel. Bobby Petrino can stay the hell away from anywhere near Lincoln.

Look, I am not advocating Peterson. He is not even on my short list. What my angle was is that we are going to open the wallet for our next hire when Bo is gone. Which Vegas feels is this season. EZ i get your view on all of this you think Bo and staff rock at recruiting and are these awesome people that love Nebraska and it is their dream jobs etc. We are obviously both on completely opposing sides on this and practically all things pertaining to the direction of the program.

1. James Franklin

2. Jim Tressel

3. Mark Hudspeth

4. Tim Deruyter

5. Bobby Wilder

6. Bobby Petrino

7. Scott Frost

8. Joe Moglia

Please tell me where this crystal ball you have is? Maybe I can borrow it sometime I have some real questions about the future I'd like to ask.

While we agree on some of these names not being legit options IMO, you still seem to say with such certainty that you know how these guys would work out. You do realize people aren't born as HC's? Tressel didn't come out of his mama with glasses and a sweater vest on. Bo didn't have a hoody and khakis on and start yelling at Papuchis the second he was born.....okay, he damn well might have.

All I'm saying is, every HC starts somewhere. Some of those names above have been somewhat effective before. Now I think many agree with me on the stance that Nebraska does not need to hire another first time HC so that eliminates some of the names I've hear brought up. Other than that though, how do we know how well anyone will work out? If they are hired, they deserve just as much a shot as Bo was given don't they? If not, why? Also this one is directly for you, I get the feeling you would not support the new hire (if that happens), you and a few others strike me as the type that would simply wait in the weeds for failure just so you could point the "I told you so" finger. Am I wrong about that?

1. James Franklin

2. Jim Tressel

3. Mark Hudspeth

4. Tim Deruyter

5. Bobby Wilder

6. Bobby Petrino

7. Scott Frost

8. Joe Moglia

Please tell me where this crystal ball you have is? Maybe I can borrow it sometime I have some real questions about the future I'd like to ask.

While we agree on some of these names not being legit options IMO, you still seem to say with such certainty that you know how these guys would work out. You do realize people aren't born as HC's? Tressel didn't come out of his mama with glasses and a sweater vest on. Bo didn't have a hoody and khakis on and start yelling at Papuchis the second he was born.....okay, he damn well might have.

All I'm saying is, every HC starts somewhere. Some of those names above have been somewhat effective before. Now I think many agree with me on the stance that Nebraska does not need to hire another first time HC so that eliminates some of the names I've hear brought up. Other than that though, how do we know how well anyone will work out? If they are hired, they deserve just as much a shot as Bo was given don't they? If not, why? Also this one is directly for you, I get the feeling you would not support the new hire (if that happens), you and a few others strike me as the type that would simply wait in the weeds for failure just so you could point the "I told you so" finger. Am I wrong about that?

I wouldn't wait in the weeds to do so. But in my book, he'd be held to a standard that he has to be better than Bo. Anything less than a conference championship in year two with the talent on this roster would be failure. I've said it multiple times, you don't remove someone to replace them with the exact same thing.

Edit -

I'm skeptical that any of those names are guys that can win a conference championship or have us playing at that level that quickly save Tressel.

I don't get everyone getting a chubby over Jim tressel, if I hear his name again I'm gonna vomit.

Why in the hell would anyone think he could do better him than 9 wins here? He sure as hell isn't getting imus into the top 4 which will be the standard going forward.

The dude has a show cause, and he ran quite possibly the most boring teams ever!

IF Bo goes we need someone that will give the program a makeover and brings us to current century not takes us back to 1956

IIRC Tressel would have to miss five games and he'd have a bowl ban.

The reason his name keeps popping up, for those of you who are curious, is a lot of people seem to think he'd be really interested in the Nebraska job if it came open. And yes, he made some immoral decisions, as did Petrino, but truth be told a lot of people are willing to overlook those faults in order to win.

I don't know how I'd feel about either of those guys coaching a program I root for. I'd have a lot of mixed emotions.

I don't get everyone getting a chubby over Jim tressel, if I hear his name again I'm gonna vomit.

Why in the hell would anyone think he could do better him than 9 wins here? He sure as hell isn't getting imus into the top 4 which will be the standard going forward.

The dude has a show cause, and he ran quite possibly the most boring teams ever!

IF Bo goes we need someone that will give the program a makeover and brings us to current century not takes us back to 1956

I seem to remember the game plan of the future playing the game plan of the past and we kicked the hell out of them. Smash mouth football, hard running backs, including a full back, pan-cake blocks and an attack orientated defense that takes no prisoners. That's winning football. T_O_B

If we weren't hiring coaches because of their immoral decisions we wouldn't have the Devaney Era to talk about. We wouldn't have the Osborne Era to talk about.

Heck, we wouldn't have anything to talk about. We'd be Kansas without the good basketball team.

There you go ending the nostalgia for an age that never existed again.