Pelini Predictions

Teams are 0-8 this season the week after facing MSU. I think Nebraska loses to PSU, beats Iowa, and if they face Texas in the BWWings bowl (as some predict) then they lose to Texas. If this pans out I think Bo is out...

Look who they've played man.

Meaningless stat is meaningless.

I think we can win out from this point depending on the bowl opponent, but I don't think the relationship between Bo and his employers is there. It's not that he's doing an awful job, and maybe if we give him more time he'll vault into college football's elite....but given 6 years, he hasn't done it yet and I can understand wanting at this point to try another direction.

I think Bo moves on, but it'll be mutual. And it's something the fanbase should probably prepare for without freaking out either way.

Do you know something about the AD and Bo's relationship? or is this just a reach for you.

I have no idea, just would like to know.

Just speculating. The AD's office has been pretty lukewarm in showing support for Bo this year especially in the wake of audio gate.

Sorry, this is a total guess I've seen other people make and lately I'm inclined to agree. I'm not someone who would have any special information.

I think we can win out from this point depending on the bowl opponent, but I don't think the relationship between Bo and his employers is there. It's not that he's doing an awful job, and maybe if we give him more time he'll vault into college football's elite....but given 6 years, he hasn't done it yet and I can understand wanting at this point to try another direction.

I think Bo moves on, but it'll be mutual. And it's something the fanbase should probably prepare for without freaking out either way.

Do you know something about the AD and Bo's relationship? or is this just a reach for you.

I have no idea, just would like to know.

Just speculating. The AD's office has been pretty lukewarm in showing support for Bo this year especially in the wake of audio gate.

Sorry, this is a total guess I've seen other people make and lately I'm inclined to agree. I'm not someone who would have any special information.

Na I can see what your saying. at this point nothing would be a surprise.

Its been six years and the problems just keep moving from one area to another. We have to try to be great again. If we settle for this, then what does our history even represent anymore?

funny how that happens in college and pro sports. just don't understand it. I'll let Bo know that he needs to get the team great again for you. I'll ask him to dedicate next year "the Tru2tRA" year.

that should make you happy.

Really hope he's gone, but unless there's some off-the-field misconduct that we don't know about, I think he's straddling the divide right now, unfortunately. Knowing Bo, his teams will suck ass for 9 of the next 12 quarters, then he'll fall bass-ackwards into a couple wins thanks to a hail mary or some other crazy sh#t. Someone put a hex on our program and the punishment is that we have to suffer in Pelini Purgatory forever.

It's just sad damnit. It truly is. Count me in the crowd that thought Bo was the man. Then he hired all of his buddies from school, none of them with any experience.......damn. The experiment is over and learning on the job has got to end in a place like Nebraska. There's too much on the line when you go too long without imprinting your name on the college football world. It's a dangerous game. If we go too much longer, it may never come back.

Only scenario where Bo gets fired: Lose all 3 remaining games with 1 or more blowout loss

If he loses all 3 games without being blown out then the AD wont fire him

Its possible to fire a coach with a winning record if you make the correct hire. Georgia, in 2000, went 8-4 and fired their coach and got Mark Richt who, 2 years later, went 13-1 and won the sugar bowl.

I agree but for other reasons. First at this point with all the latest goings on Chancelor Pearlman and A.D. Eichorst's failure to makea public statement in support of Coach Pellini does kind of seem odd and telling at the same time.

They have to know that it can and more than likley is having an effect on Recruiting.

Second at this point seriously who in their right mind would be interested in the job if they do cut him loose?

I have yet to see a serious list of interested guys that have what this program needs most of all and thats a modern Tom Osborne.....if there is a coach out there with all qualities he has and is a proven forward thinking person with the morality of T.O. I dont have a clue where he is at do any of you ? you find him and I will jump on the bandwagon and ask for a glass of fire Coach Bo.

Third if he gets canned or leaves on his own we can kiss another 5-6 years goodbye cause the guys on the team now with the exception of a few 5th yr seniors are all his guys now and lets not forget the only head coaching exp. He had before getting the call from T.O. Is the bowl game where we beat Sparty and co.

Wow how quickly we seem to forget that. You are aware also that there are only 3 teams who can lay claim to 5 consecutive 9 win seasons today right ? and Nebraska is one of them, along with Alabama and oh hell I forget now but anyway my point is, this is not the same as hiring a head coach with a proven system and solid follow him anywhere staff this is all new to both O and D cordinators as well as the head man.

To build something special takes time and luck, well we have always had to earn everything we have gotten by hard work honesty and loyalty and I think we have bankrupt the luck bank for sure.

Does any of this ring any bells? or am I just wasting my time trying to get some to see either we stick with him now ( because we let the process go on till now ) or do we take the easy route to more problems than we have now and cut him loose

After this loss, the board again seems divided into two camps regarding Bo. I think most people have taken a stance on what they want to see at the end of the season. I wanted to get people's predictions on what you think will actually happen. Personally, I think Pelini has earned another year, but this is how I would see things playing out in different scenarios:

Win @ PSU, win vs. Iowa, win in bowl game: Bo stays

Lose @ PSU, win vs Iowa, competitive bowl game: Bo stays

Win @ PSU, lose vs Iowa, competitive bowl game: Bo goes

Lose @ PSU, lose vs Iowa, win bowl game: Bo goes?

Win @ PSU, Win vs Iowa, blowout loss in bowl game: Bo goes?

Again, the point of this thread isn't to discuss what you think should be done (plenty of those), but instead what you think will be done. Just trying to get a feel for the kind of heat Bo has right now

This question came up a few weeks ago, and in my opinion, Bo had to win in Indy to keep his job. Given that NU won't be going there, I don't see Bo keeping his job in any situation. My gut tells me that Perlman and the AD wanted to release him after the infamous videotape incident, but realized it would be too difficult for the team to do so mid-season.

Honestly in my opinion we have way to much time and players invested in him now to bail on the program and scrap it all and go another direction again. We have exactly what we were all screaming for just a few short years ago an offense that is geared to ball control and the run /play action passing as well as elements of hurry up and pocket passing zone read so whats not to like there sure Beck makes mistakes in play calling time to time but he is trying to give you all you ask for. We have seen signs of just how this system if run right can confuse and tax the best "D" in our division and the country i think.

And if you saw what Bo and companies kids did in the big house to the mighty M & what we did in our own back yard you know this is going to be a scary as hell defense for the next several years.

Like i said dont throw out a good thing on a chance at something better.

Honestly in my opinion we have way to much time and players invested in him now to bail on the program and scrap it all and go another direction again. We have exactly what we were all screaming for just a few short years ago an offense that is geared to ball control and the run /play action passing as well as elements of hurry up and pocket passing zone read so whats not to like there sure Beck makes mistakes in play calling time to time but he is trying to give you all you ask for. We have seen signs of just how this system if run right can confuse and tax the best "D" in our division and the country i think.

And if you saw what Bo and companies kids did in the big house to the mighty M & what we did in our own back yard you know this is going to be a scary as hell defense for the next several years.

Like i said dont throw out a good thing on a chance at something better.

Division? Yes. Country? No.

Honestly I think Florida State has the best defense. Thats just my opinion though.

A lot of these scenarios depend on administration and its opinion on the future of the program. I don't know how many Bo-lievers are left among us. What it really burns down to for me is whether or not you think Pelini and/or the current staff is capable of getting this team into regular competition for the conference championship (and eventually the playoffs). I have seen no evidence, none whatsoever, that makes a compelling case. Whether we're talking offense, defense, special teams, game management, roster management, etc., etc., you don't have to look very long to find deficiencies in basically every area at some point during a given season. They don't always appear at once, although they have in some of our more astounding blowout losses.

It's very likely Bo gets another year. I hope he sees the light and makes some drastic changes on that staff. Enough nonsense with the offense. Bring in a coordinator with a clear vision for the offense and recruit solely to that philosophy. Completely scrap everyone having anything to do with special teams and start from the beginning (returning a punt). And keep the attacking-style defense. That brings a spark to the team and you don't need to watch more than a quarter of a game to see that.

• Fire 1