Pelini Predictions

I felt after the Minny game and tapegate that it was time for Bo to win something of substance or be gone. I've softened my stance a bit, because it is hard to hold him accountable through all these injuries and most importantly because I have seen this team come out and play with heart and not give up for about three straight games. I still feel there are significant parts of the HC job that Bo is not getting done; special teams, on going suspect play calling from his OC, and some deficiences in fundamentals such as tackling. But I have been happy overall with the defenses improvement over the past two games.

Anyway- what I think will happen? I actually think he is already done and knows it. I have no inside info, only my observations of his demeanor and mannurisms. He seems almost resigned and joyless. I started sensing this with the hail mary victory and I have seen more of the same these last two games. It might just be me but that's what I think.

I think you are spot on X.

The question is what is the fan base thinking. It seems most are not happy with the performance, and the AD has to take that into consideration, as sell outs are the most important tradition we have left.

Tough job, I know I would not want to make the decision.

I think you are right about his actions JJ. He seems different on the sideline. I know he has been told to calm down, conduct himself better, but it does seem different. Almost like he does not care as much, crushed. He gave it his all and he now feels it is not enough. He just looks and acts different to me.

I think you are right about his actions JJ. He seems different on the sideline. I know he has been told to calm down, conduct himself better, but it does seem different. Almost like he does not care as much, crushed. He gave it his all and he now feels it is not enough. He just looks and acts different to me.

I dunno he threw down his headset pretty good on Saturday after one of the turnovers. I would say he cares somewhat.

The AD has to be answering these questions today:

Is the money there to bring in a big hire?

If so, is that hire out there? If so, get the hire.

If not, we will stay the course with Pelini.

After the Minny loss, things were not looking good with a Northwestern team that always battles us, @Michigan, and then Sparty. Hail Mary turned a loss into a win, @Michigan was probably the best win of the year, but then we piss away the MSU game and are all reminded of the warts of this team under this coach. We easily could have lost all 3 or at least 2 of those games but we came out 2-1. I believe Bo knows his job is on the line...to his credit he has got the defense playing better. But these next 2 games are important. I think we should win both but with this team you never know.

Let's say we squeak out wins in the next 2 games. Is that good enough? I would say yes and Bo would have earned another year. If we lose both, I think he will be gone as we should be favored in these final games. We go 1-1 and that is a tough decision. If you have a program changing hire lined up, then you do it. If not, then stay the course.

So lets say they give Bo another year. Lets say his team in all three phases gets better. Lets say he gets us a conference championship. What we still have is a coach that looks like a jack a-- on the side line yelling at players and refs (which does more damage with recruits than a non AD vote of confedinence). And still as soon as he gets a decent coaching offer he is gone holding a middle finger up. He has said as much and it's the type of guy he is. Stop trying to be the greatest fans in college football by saying "no matter what coach we're behind you" if we don't hold the same standard of our coach.

So lets say they give Bo another year. Lets say his team in all three phases gets better. Lets say he gets us a conference championship. What we still have is a coach that looks like a jack a-- on the side line yelling at players and refs (which does more damage with recruits than a non AD vote of confedinence). And still as soon as he gets a decent coaching offer he is gone holding a middle finger up. He has said as much and it's the type of guy he is. Stop trying to be the greatest fans in college football by saying "no matter what coach we're behind you" if we don't hold the same standard of our coach.

He would leave for tOSU like many have said on here, yes. But I don't think he'd jump at the first offer he gets from another school.

I don't really care what he thinks of us or what results afterwards if the team gets better in all three phases and wins a conference title. I'm happy then.

Also, I really don't give a sh#t what the rest of the nation and the media thinks either, honestly, screw the rest of the nation and the media, Bo's not that bad of a guy, enough of that. What he did for Jack Hoffman, what he said and did for the Penn State game after the horror that university and those young boys now men went through, what he had done for the UCLA game, tells me a helluva lot more about his character than what he says in pure stress after an emotional win. Our coach's job isn't to love the fans, it's to coach the team.

• Fire 3

His pursuit of other jobs (aside from the OSU gig-he legitimately wanted/wants that one, and no one should blame him for that) were nothing more than waving the middle finger at Perlman. I dont see him leaving on his own. Unless of course our few bad apples start sending death threats to him, littering his yard with real estate signs, and bullying his kids at school.

Unlike several of you, I have no idea what Eichorst thinks. But I'll stick with my prediction from Tipstergate: 9-3 and he buys another year. 8-4 or worse and he is done.

If he's here next year, I think the expectations will be high. I don't think the people with the money will go for more excuses or bad losses.

His pursuit of other jobs (aside from the OSU gig-he legitimately wanted/wants that one, and no one should blame him for that) were nothing more than waving the middle finger at Perlman. I dont see him leaving on his own. Unless of course our few bad apples start sending death threats to him, littering his yard with real estate signs, and bullying his kids at school.

And honestly, anyone that waves the finger at Perlman, either actually or proverbially, gets a thumbs up in my book.