Pelini Predictions

I didn't know which of the 14,000 Pelini Sucks/Fire Bo threads to post this in, so I picked this one by random chance.

Just a couple observations about our situation and any potential HC change.

1- Bo (the coach-any coach) does not have to be as bad as Callahan to warrant making a change. Being better than Callahan for the program does not necessarily mean being good enough. I guess this one is aimed at the pumpers.

2- We do not have to treat Bo (the coach-any coach) like he is the scourge of the earth, the worst HC ever to don a headset just because we think it might be time to part ways and go a different direction. I guess this one is aimed at the Bo haters/Nellies.

To be honest, about half the time I don't think Bo can get us where I want the program to be and I want him gone. The other half of the time I fear what change may bring and think Bo might get there if just given a bit more time and a few more breaks. I really do like the guy for the most part. I see a lot of good things Bo has done for the program and I see some areas of shortfall that I'm not sure will ever change. But what I don't like is people demonizing him for every move or glorifying him when it's not deserved. There seems to be a tendency in posters on this board (maybe fans everywhere) to take more extreme positions, in either direction, than I feel is warranted. Maybe this is just the nature of anonymous message board posting. Maybe it is just how we do things in this day and age (ala our political system). All I'm asking for is more moderate and realty based treatment for the HC of the team we all love. It could be better and it could be worse. Please try to give credit where credit is due and also try to keep praise/criticism focused and based on reality.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

• Fire 4

Pretty good read JJ. I guess that what drives me nuts about the whole deal. I really have no opinion anymore. Whether he goes or stays, there's plenty to support either decision. But what pisses me off is now that his release is strongly speculated, we got total asshats coming out of the woodwork questioning and making claims of Bo having shady character, berating little league officials, wanting to walk out following a game and so on. Bo IS a man of character, and just because he's a hot heat doesnt mean he isnt. I'm a hot head too. I guess that just makes it easier for me to relate.

• Fire 1

Pretty good read JJ. I guess that what drives me nuts about the whole deal. I really have no opinion anymore. Whether he goes or stays, there's plenty to support either decision. But what pisses me off is now that his release is strongly speculated, we got total asshats coming out of the woodwork questioning and making claims of Bo having shady character, berating little league officials, wanting to walk out following a game and so on. Bo IS a man of character, and just because he's a hot heat doesnt mean he isnt. I'm a hot head too. I guess that just makes it easier for me to relate.

agree, Bo does seem to possess real integrity.....just may not be the panacea we are looking for.......

agree, Bo does seem to possess real integrity.....just may not be the panacea we are looking for.......

Pelini's integrity and loyalty is one of the reasons I don't believe he's as much on the proverbial hot seat as we are sometimes led to believe. I don't believe Pelini would mislead a single recruit about what he knows about next season. Pelini has his players' backs......past, present and future.

• Fire 1
I didn't know which of the 14,000 Pelini Sucks/Fire Bo threads to post this in, so I picked this one by random chance.

Just a couple observations about our situation and any potential HC change.

1- Bo (the coach-any coach) does not have to be as bad as Callahan to warrant making a change. Being better than Callahan for the program does not necessarily mean being good enough. I guess this one is aimed at the pumpers.

2- We do not have to treat Bo (the coach-any coach) like he is the scourge of the earth, the worst HC ever to don a headset just because we think it might be time to part ways and go a different direction. I guess this one is aimed at the Bo haters/Nellies.

To be honest, about half the time I don't think Bo can get us where I want the program to be and I want him gone. The other half of the time I fear what change may bring and think Bo might get there if just given a bit more time and a few more breaks. I really do like the guy for the most part. I see a lot of good things Bo has done for the program and I see some areas of shortfall that I'm not sure will ever change. But what I don't like is people demonizing him for every move or glorifying him when it's not deserved. There seems to be a tendency in posters on this board (maybe fans everywhere) to take more extreme positions, in either direction, than I feel is warranted. Maybe this is just the nature of anonymous message board posting. Maybe it is just how we do things in this day and age (ala our political system). All I'm asking for is more moderate and realty based treatment for the HC of the team we all love. It could be better and it could be worse. Please try to give credit where credit is due and also try to keep praise/criticism focused and based on reality.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

. Well phrased.
  • Fire 1

I've really jumped of the Bowagon myself after the losses to Minnesota and Mich St. I dont know. Guess I'm also just tired of the same old unpreparedness shown. And in my opinion, there's nothing wrong being ready to move on from a guy cuz we believe he's not getting the job done as a football coach. But these asshats showing up on here lately, trying to conceive stories of Bo and using them to throw him under the character bus pisses me off. It's straight up bullsh#t. Question his coaching ability. But dont question his character. And I bet Bo would agree100%.

• Fire 1

I've really jumped of the Bowagon myself after the losses to Minnesota and Mich St. I dont know. Guess I'm also just tired of the same old unpreparedness shown. And in my opinion, there's nothing wrong being ready to move on from a guy cuz we believe he's not getting the job done as a football coach. But these asshats showing up on here lately, trying to conceive stories of Bo and using them to throw him under the character bus pisses me off. It's straight up bullsh#t. Question his coaching ability. But dont question his character. And I bet Bo would agree100%.

i like bo and think he is a good guy and a good coach. but it really is the totality of the circumstances. it just wears on you. we have had so many failures we were able to overlook because the future always seemed bright. but then you take a moment to look back at the years and realize the same problems are persisting. they may look different, but they are essentially the same broad problems we keep seeing.

maybe next year would/will be better and the whole team would/will start to click, but frankly we have no reason to expect that anymore. not after the many times we have thought that and nothing came of it.

but it is pretty weak to make personal attacks against bo. whenever people criticize his sideline behavior, i immediately dismiss what they are saying because i know that they have had it out for bo since the msu game in 2003.

• Fire 2

i like bo and think he is a good guy and a good coach. but it really is the totality of the circumstances. it just wears on you. we have had so many failures we were able to overlook because the future always seemed bright. but then you take a moment to look back at the years and realize the same problems are persisting. they may look different, but they are essentially the same broad problems we keep seeing.

maybe next year would/will be better and the whole team would/will start to click, but frankly we have no reason to expect that anymore. not after the many times we have thought that and nothing came of it.

but it is pretty weak to make personal attacks against bo. whenever people criticize his sideline behavior, i immediately dismiss what they are saying because i know that they have had it out for bo since the msu game in 2003.

+1

+1

Me too. +1. I'm in the same place in my thoughts.

BTw, I actually gave you plus 1. I didn't just type it.