Trivia about Sparty's Run Defense

knapplc

Abdullah is very good, imo the best RB we'll face all season, including Carlos Hyde. I wasn't surprised at all by what he did, I was more surprised by the performance of your young o-line.

How surprised was the Michigan State crowd that you guys got no sacks and that Abdullah ran for 100 yards? Was that your defensive game plan coming in or did he just force those yards?

Abdullah is very good, imo the best RB we'll face all season, including Carlos Hyde. I wasn't surprised at all by what he did, I was more surprised by the performance of your young o-line.

How surprised was the Michigan State crowd that you guys got no sacks and that Abdullah ran for 100 yards? Was that your defensive game plan coming in or did he just force those yards?

Go to their message boards and read some of the posts. Apparently, they played prevent defense the whole game.

Go to their message boards and read some of the posts. Apparently, they played prevent defense the whole game.

To be fair, I saw plenty of them really pissed about it and commending Abdullah, also commenting "maybe that patchwork line is better than we thought." One thread was even started about "what the hell was up with our defense?"

To be fair, I saw plenty of them really pissed about it and commending Abdullah, also commenting "maybe that patchwork line is better than we thought." One thread was even started about "what the hell was up with our defense?"

They were playing prevent!

Too bad moral victories don't count.

And........thread derailed.

What was the original point of this thread again? Hell I scrolled through and there were so many responses to this comment, by the time I got to the end I forgot WTF WE ARE EVEN TALKING ABOUT. I think this answers more than a few of your questions KNapp.........

Abdullah has the heart of a Champion and runs hard every time he gets the ball. That final score he had last Saturday to me sums up the kid all in one play. Strength, no quit, competitor. Three guys hanging on him and he blew through those sh#t talking bitches like benfiber through Knapps colon. I hate Michigan State..........

Abdullah has the heart of a Champion and runs hard every time he gets the ball. That final score he had last Saturday to me sums up the kid all in one play. Strength, no quit, competitor. Three guys hanging on him and he blew through those sh#t talking bitches like benfiber through Knapps colon. I hate Michigan State..........

I thought he had the heart of a lion... and the eye of the tiger...

I thought he had the heart of a lion... and the eye of the tiger...

Well, I guess since Nebraska hasn't won any Championships in a long long time.......I'd have to agree with you.

Upon further reflection, I would like to apologize for my post.

This thread was created to congratulate a player for a pretty impressive accomplishment, and I shat all over it with my moral victories comment.

I do apologize. I'm better than that, and I did not meant to derail the thread.

It's okay. When you have that many conference championships, you are allowed leeway with your comments ;)

• Fire 1

Wasn't surprised we did what we did. Had we not fumbled like we did it would have been Beck, Garrison, and Cotton's finest hour. In no way can you place the blame on the OL. We really played good enough to win the game at every position accept one or two.

Wasn't surprised we did what we did. Had we not fumbled like we did it would have been Beck, Garrison, and Cotton's finest hour. In no way can you place the blame on the OL. We really played good enough to win the game at every position accept one or two.

What two? Tommy had a terrible game with turnovers. What other position didn't step up? I thought the whole team played quite well.

No turnovers, or even three fewer turnovers, and we win that game.

What two? Tommy had a terrible game with turnovers. What other position didn't step up? I thought the whole team played quite well.

No turnovers, or even three fewer turnovers, and we win that game.

I thought SJB struggled