XBox One and PlayStation 4 System Reviews

Thinking about getting an xbox one. I own a ps3 and the graphics for call of duty ghosts were very sh*tty. Played over at a friend's house (who owns an xbox 360) and the graphics seemed a lot better. That's my main reason why I'd take an xbox one over a ps4

It doesn't matter which system COD: Ghost is played on, those graphics are still really awful even on the next gen consoles.

Anybody with a XB1 try out the built in video recording option? What are your first impressions? Pros and Cons?

Right now the Playstation share button has its issues but when it works its awesome. I have mine share settings set that when I press the share button it'll take a picture, hold on the share button it'll take me to the share menu as well as record your footage for a few seconds and take a picture and double tap it will record the last 15 minutes of gameplay.

The problem I had with it last night is that you can't record the last 15 minutes of gameplay whenever you want too. This is a bug and I'm sure Sony will get it fixed.

For the casual gamer and someone who is not very tech savy as far as understanding graphics cards and all that…which one of these systems is better? I usually play the Madden, FIFA, COD and NBA games if that helps.

In my opinion, the Xbox One is the better casual option. Kinect is a cool way to interact with a system and have a care-free good time with friends, and Microsoft is all about those partnerships to make it an all-in-one box with Skype and the NFL and hulu and etc. It's been a good approach for them and has unseated Sony from their 'default' console status they had enjoyed for so long.

Anybody with a XB1 try out the built in video recording option? What are your first impressions? Pros and Cons?

Right now the Playstation share button has its issues but when it works its awesome. I have mine share settings set that when I press the share button it'll take a picture, hold on the share button it'll take me to the share menu as well as record your footage for a few seconds and take a picture and double tap it will record the last 15 minutes of gameplay.

The problem I had with it last night is that you can't record the last 15 minutes of gameplay whenever you want too. This is a bug and I'm sure Sony will get it fixed.

At first I wasn't sold on the idea of the recording game clips on the XB1. That said, it does work very smoothly, and I have uploaded a few videos from Ryse and Forza. Forza for the record is awesome...the drivatar system will be in every game before you know it. That good!

For the casual gamer and someone who is not very tech savy as far as understanding graphics cards and all that…which one of these systems is better? I usually play the Madden, FIFA, COD and NBA games if that helps.

In my opinion in the long haul the PS4 will support more games than the XboxOne, has been that way when Playstation and Xbox first starting duking it out when the first Xbox was released.

Myself and others don't like the Kinect and there are others who felt that way when Microsoft announce that every XB1 console will come with the Kinect. Personaly the whole entertainment part of the XB1 is a gimmick just like 3D TV's and the PS4's playroom. I don't buy a gaming console to watch TV on it, I buy it to play video games mostly online gaming and sometimes I'll watch Blu Ray movies and some Netflix but that's just me.

There are some things that I like from the XB1 like the voice game "Xbox record that" and I was really interested in that Titanfall video game. The PS4 has apps like Hulu Plus and Netflix like XB1 but it also has Amazon, Crackle, NHL Gamecenter, NBA Game time, Vudu HD Movies and Redbox Instant by Verizon so I'm not sure if XB1 has those. I'm sure the PS4 will get NFL Sunday Ticket because the PS3 had that app but then again I have the NFL Sunday ticket and just watch it off of my DirecTV receiver.

I'd check around with your buddies and see what they all are playing and check out the popular exclusives that both next gen consoles provide.

In the end for me about 95% of my buddies play Playstation and I've always been happy with the Playstation since 1995. I just couldn't seeing myself spending an extra $100 for a Kinect camera that I didn't like on the 360 and paying an extra $10 a month for Xbox's online membership.

• Fire 1

In my opinion in the long haul the PS4 will support more games than the XboxOne, has been that way when Playstation and Xbox first starting duking it out when the first Xbox was released.

Myself and others don't like the Kinect and there are others who felt that way when Microsoft announce that every XB1 console will come with the Kinect. Personaly the whole entertainment part of the XB1 is a gimmick just like 3D TV's and the PS4's playroom. I don't buy a gaming console to watch TV on it, I buy it to play video games mostly online gaming and sometimes I'll watch Blu Ray movies and some Netflix but that's just me.

There are some things that I like from the XB1 like the voice game "Xbox record that" and I was really interested in that Titanfall video game. The PS4 has apps like Hulu Plus and Netflix like XB1 but it also has Amazon, Crackle, NHL Gamecenter, NBA Game time, Vudu HD Movies and Redbox Instant by Verizon so I'm not sure if XB1 has those. I'm sure the PS4 will get NFL Sunday Ticket because the PS3 had that app but then again I have the NFL Sunday ticket and just watch it off of my DirecTV receiver.

I'd check around with your buddies and see what they all are playing and check out the popular exclusives that both next gen consoles provide.

In the end for me about 95% of my buddies play Playstation and I've always been happy with the Playstation since 1995. I just couldn't seeing myself spending an extra $100 for a Kinect camera that I didn't like on the 360 and paying an extra $10 a month for Xbox's online membership.

+1 thanks for the breakdown. I have always been a playstation guy but didn't know enough about either to make a decision. Sounds like I'll be saving my money for the PS4.

I pulled this off last night and decided to upload it to Movie Maker and add the Battlefield 4 theme song with it. Hope you guys enjoyed it

Very nice! I'm wanting to pick BF4 up, how has it been playing? 64 player matches laggy or they run just fine?

The game has had its server and disconnect issues when the game came out. At first you couldn't play in any 64 player room and any other room that supported 16 players or more, you would get kicked out or get a CE error message that would take you back to the console main menu. This was happening on all consoles including PC's but yesterday they came out with a patch to fix these issues. I haven't played a lot since this patched was released but Obliteration the game mode I play the most is a 16v16 room and it was working just fine. I think I jumped in one 32v32 room and I believe it was running just fine.

I pulled this off last night and decided to upload it to Movie Maker and add the Battlefield 4 theme song with it. Hope you guys enjoyed it

That was a sweet clip. You running through a recording device, or was that done using the PS share button?

Quality on youtube looked really good.

That was a sweet clip. You running through a recording device, or was that done using the PS share button?

Quality on youtube looked really good.

I used the Share button and then transferred it to Facebook and then downloaded the video off of my facebook account using downvids.net. From there I uploaded it to Windows Movie maker and saved it as a 1080 clip. Not sure why its not showing up as 1080 on Youtube.

The Share button is a nice feature but when you catch something good, there are times where it doesn't work.

Just had an awesome mini montage on the Flood Zone map killing two guys in the boat w/ my pistol than killing the third passage w/ a impact grenade as he hid in the corner of the stairs. I ended up killing 6 more people after that, 3 of which were sniping and I knifed stealing their tags. Hit the share button and checked my video clips hours later and nothing was there.

Not gonna lie I was bummed out and Sony needs to fix this sh#t cause I didn't spend $400+ on a system where its key feature doesn't work when you want it to. This is the third time one of my clips didn't save within the past 24 hours where my clip didn't save.

Judging by the few games that are out, the roles seem to have reversed from last gen. PS4 seems to be more capable performance wise as many of it's games out of the box run at the more intensive 1080p vs the same games Xbox runs at last gen's 720p. Maybe they still need to optimize better, but the specs this time are in PS4s favor. Personally I only play sport games on consoles and the rest on a PC so usually it's not a big deal to me, however going to get a PS4 since Microsoft tried to pull all that nasty BS before they back paddled after the community ripped them a new one. Have to stand up for something sometimes other then a beer.

Judging by the few games that are out, the roles seem to have reversed from last gen. PS4 seems to be more capable performance wise as many of it's games out of the box run at the more intensive 1080p vs the same games Xbox runs at last gen's 720p. Maybe they still need to optimize better, but the specs this time are in PS4s favor. Personally I only play sport games on consoles and the rest on a PC so usually it's not a big deal to me, however going to get a PS4 since Microsoft tried to pull all that nasty BS before they back paddled after the community ripped them a new one. Have to stand up for something sometimes other then a beer.

Read the EULA for Sony--those things you're holding against Microsoft for backtracking on are in the current Sony PS4 EULA, including the ability for restriction of used software and requisite always-on network access for the system.

Not saying that it's going to happen, but if there was zero intention of this happening as Sony claims, why bury it in the EULA?

XB1 is pretty damn good. If this is what the PS4 is like, then there really isn't a console that is better. They are both good options.

Agreed. This gen will come down to exclusives and first party titles. I think that's why Microsoft had no fewer than three quality retail exclusives at launch, and another one (Titanfall) waiting for March.

---

Also, to correct another poster, XBox Live and PlayStation Plus are the same retail price $49.99/year, and both systems require online subscriptions for gameplay.

But frankly, if you pay more than $35/year for either or...you're not doing it right. Both are routinely on sale throughout the year, are stackable, and just recently were $25/yr each during Black Friday.