Ameer Abdullah Career Stat Watch

Barry Sanders was the best running back I've ever seen. The old story about how Barry Switzer warned his teams not to injure then-Oklahoma State starting running back Thurman Thomas because his backup Barry Sanders was even better really says it all. Thurman is in both the College Hall of Fame and NFL Hall of Fame...and Sanders was clearly better. His combination of vision, quickness and burst was just crazy to watch. He looked like something you'd see on a video game but that couldn't possibly be real. And he spent his career playing for a generally putrid Lions team. So it's hard to know what he could have done running behind the Cowboys line that Emmitt Smith benefitted from for example.

This is ridiculous truth right here. Great Point. Holy moly.

Ameer should be on this list. I'm not familiar with any of the others but how many players in the country play as hard as Ameer? He's an outstanding RB. This is a bummer.

Williams is a beast. Carey is going a lot off of his reputation from last year but had really started tearing it up recently. Stanky could be easily substituted with Ameer. Like I said, touchdowns is difference between the two.

Ameer should be on this list. I'm not familiar with any of the others but how many players in the country play as hard as Ameer? He's an outstanding RB. This is a bummer.

Williams is a beast. Carey is going a lot off of his reputation from last year but had really started tearing it up recently. Stanky could be easily substituted with Ameer. Like I said, touchdowns is difference between the two.

Agreed on Williams..stud. Carey is good and should be on there. Stankey, meh, good, but ameer could replace him easily. What makes AA awesome is the line he has is on life support. Plus, u take AA out of our offenseiam and we r the same team. But I am biased. I think ameer is better than all of them. He's done more with less.

• 5 weeks later...