Ameer Abdullah Career Stat Watch

I know he may have not had the titles like the others, but that can't be put all on him: I want to declare Abdullah a Husker legend, here and now.

I will second this.

I third this and will add this: You put Abdullah behind any of the championship lines or on the 83 team. Abdullah has a TRANSCENDENT career. Probably one never seen by a Husker back. Is this taking it too far? I dunno, just my thought

I think Ameer's play is being amplified by circumstances, and perhaps a bit of recency bias.

Without question he's showing he belongs in the conversation about Nebraska's very best at I-Back. But was he better than Ahman Green? Mike Rozier? Lawrence Phillips? Nope, and with Rozier & Phillips, maybe not even close. But I'd put him, right now, on par with Green.

With a better O Line, I'm not sure we would see a "better" Abdullah, for the simple fact that Ahman Green didn't have to juke, jump & jive his way through defenders like Ameer has. The Pipeline was so good they just blew huge holes in the defensive line, and Green didn't have to make a move on someone until the defensive backfield (often - not always). We're seeing moves out of Ameer out of sheer necessity, just like we did with Rex, who often turned two-yard losses into three-yard gains.

I think Ameer's play is being amplified by circumstances, and perhaps a bit of recency bias.

Without question he's showing he belongs in the conversation about Nebraska's very best at I-Back. But was he better than Ahman Green? Mike Rozier? Lawrence Phillips? Nope, and with Rozier & Phillips, maybe not even close. But I'd put him, right now, on par with Green.

With a better O Line, I'm not sure we would see a "better" Abdullah, for the simple fact that Ahman Green didn't have to juke, jump & jive his way through defenders like Ameer has. The Pipeline was so good they just blew huge holes in the defensive line, and Green didn't have to make a move on someone until the defensive backfield (often - not always). We're seeing moves out of Ameer out of sheer necessity, just like we did with Rex, who often turned two-yard losses into three-yard gains.

You know what Abdullah doesn't have that the 3 RB's you mentioned did? Heisman finalist QB's. He is carrying this team and has for the 2 seasons prior, too. He is that good.

^ - so he needs 139 average. Where they coming from....

Florida Atlantic - 101

McNeese St. - 93

Fresno St. - 178

Miami - 155

Illinois - 167

MSU - 169

Northwestern - 113

Rutgers - 187

Purdue - 143

Wisconsin - 201

Minnesota - 93

Iowa - 98

Bowl - 106

(exactly 1804)

I bet you'd like to revise your FAU number.

It'll even out. I didn't think he'd get any more than 10-12 carries a game these first few weeks. After Florida Atlantic though, I thought maybe Bo was going to make a push to get him the Heisman. Bo was even counting his yards during the game. I think, assuming it doesn't risk a game, or his health - Bo and Beck should do it. The PR, recruiting boost, etc is worth it. We need to get on the national stage, and this is a pretty easy way to do it. Bo says he doesn't push individual awards - but he really needs to in this case IMO. If the yards are there, run him.