Ameer Abdullah Career Stat Watch

Underrated

Ameer Abdullah: With 212 all-purpose yards against Illinois on Saturday, Nebraska running back Ameer Abdullah moved into seventh place on the Big Ten all-time list with 5,974 career all-purpose yards. Abdullah, who leads the nation this season with 212.0 all-purpose yards per game, is only 26 yards behind Michigan’s Anthony Thomas for sixth place on the conference’s all-time list. I think people realize Abdullah is very good, but I don’t think most realize he is – at least statistically – one of the best ever to play in the conference. He is a great representative for the Huskers and the Big Ten off the field as well.

Espn just said Ameer might end up with better stats only bc our running backs don't have as much depth as Georgia and Wisconsin. Really?

Quite the opposite. I love it when we throttle teams because we get to see Jordan Nelson. Our 4th stringer is freaking scary!!!

id love to see that kid get some quality run time. hes very quick and late in games im not sure most defenses are up for that

Mike Rozier's season (12 games) rushing record is:

2,148 yards

29 TDs

Ameer is at after 5 games:

833 yards

8 TDs

If you just look at the regular season (12 games), he is on pace for:

1,999 yards

19 TDs

This would put him in second place passing Ahman Greens 1,877 yards and 22 TDs.

I found it really interesting how close they all are in attempts after 12 games.

Mike 275 attempts

Ahman 278 attempts

Ameer on pace for 274 attempts (regular season 12 games)

FYI.....I think they will actually use all 13-14 games when ranking his season against others. If he plays 14 games, he very well might pass Rozier.

• Fire 1