Why TA instead of RKIII?

Re-watched all 10 plays TA was in on. He was hit once after he threw on the second drive then was run out of bounds an got a borderline late hit on the last play he was in. Didn't appear to be grabbing for his ankle as he got up or limping running off the field.

Probably just trying to cover for his freshman QB a little bit, as he hasn't played well recently. Not sure I like it but can at least see the reasoning.

Re-watched all 10 plays TA was in on. He was hit once after he threw on the second drive then was run out of bounds an got a borderline late hit on the last play he was in. Didn't appear to be grabbing for his ankle as he got up or limping running off the field.

Probably just trying to cover for his freshman QB a little bit, as he hasn't played well recently. Not sure I like it but can at least see the reasoning.

I heard that TA has been playing on a bad ankle for a few games, and that is why he has been a little slow on the running plays.

I'm glad Ron Kellogg will end his career while getting a chance to play in some close, hard fought wins.

It would be easy for a guy to get frustrated and throw away his senior year by doing something dumb. We've seen that before, so I'm glad Kellogg kept focused and was there when we needed him.

I heard that TA has been playing on a bad ankle for a few games, and that is why he has been a little slow on the running plays.

I heard this as well. That's apparently why he left the game today. Can anyone else confirm?

Apparently Bo himself said TA hurt his ankle and was unable to push off of it. Probably why we didn't see him at all the rest of the way.

And here I thought watching the game that it was a brilliant coaching move as it was apparent in those first three series that Armstrong wasn't going to have any success today.

So far... it looks as though Kellogg should have been starting while rotating Armstrong in situationally... not the other way around... Kellogg plays most of the game last week... we win.

You really think so?

Yes, I do actually.

I believe it too. With TA needing experience for next year, he should have been coming off the bench for RK3.

All I can say is 6 plays, 75-yard touchdown drive capped off with a left handed 5 yard shovel pass to Ameer Abdullah to knock off Michigan in the game's waning minutes a few weeks ago. Tommy Armstrong is our best option to run the option. Touchdown Tommy is Nebraska's best option running the ground game and the option pitch. With time, he'll become more polished as a passer. Ron Kellogg is a pure dropback passer. They are both very special QBs indeed. There are certain teams that Armstrong will help Nebraska crush, and as we saw this past Saturday...there are other teams to which Kellogg is the best option.

A stingy, tough, hard-nosed run defensive juggernaut such as Penn State when it's freezing outside and snowing ... and then the coaching staff devises a plan to keep things simple and allow Kellogg to work his magic. That game stunned Penn State as I feel that they had the right ingredients to shut Nebraska down - and they expected it too. You could just tell from the way that game was going. Gutsy move by the coaches to see Kellogg as the guy who could weather the storm and deliver an overtime victory while Penn State had its mind set on humiliating and crushing a freshman QB.

I still love the idea of these two rotating as they both have a perfect role. I think Ron Kellogg should have come in to relieve Armstrong late in the 2nd quarter versus Michigan State. It was working. It's still working. Hopefully, Armstrong's ankle will be fully healed so he can run his game against Iowa. I am really looking forward to that one. I think it would be poetic justice to start Ron Kellogg and then slip Armstrong in during the 3rd series since it's senior day Friday. I like the way they are doing this. Coach Beck is doing a real good job this season.

I still question TAs ability to throw.

It seems like there is a lot of passes that leave you wondering where it was supposed to go.

He's a young guy, though, so that's bound to happen. And you have to consider whether he was under pressure at the time, etc...

I don't doubt his arm strength. He can "spin it" as the kids say. But I don't think he's all the way up to speed on the offense yet. Not entirely surprising for a freshman but he has been around for basically two full years so ...???

Many times his isn't on the same page with his receivers. Since the receivers have (generally) been around longer and this was rarely an issue with Martinez, I'm left to believe that it's TA that isn't seeing something right. Hopefully he will get that fixed as he'll get a lot more reps in bowl practice, spring ball and fall camp.