So this is what the media wants us to be like.

da skers

The media and mouth breathing fans want us to become like the flavor of the month school and run a good program like them so we can compete for national championships. Here's the two stories our press won't bring up (at least for very long) about the current top 2 programs. Forgive me if they've been posted before. I'm having a hard time reading through all the muddle as of late. I found them on another board that's pretty pro "Nebraska way" which is about more than winning games and thought they were worth sharing. Makes me respect our coaches and team even more now.

FSU

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-isnt-the-only-problem-here-an-fsu-teac-1467707410?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Bama

http://www.nevertoyieldfoundation.com/2013/where-theres-fire-theres-fire/comment-page-3/?social_tab=wordpress#comments

• Fire 5

Are we inferring that "The Nebraska Way" puts the athletic department and the University above academic deception and overlooking some things for the "Greater Good?" Because that just isn't true.

There are several sides to this in an athletic department. I forget the name, but Florida St had a starting football player become a Rhodes Scholar, for example.

Bo Pelini is a football coach in charge of young adults about ready to become independent. His job isn't just to "win", nor it just to "get them ready for life". It's both. He's getting the preparation part done quite well, the other, not so much, and that's why it's up for debate if he gets to continue doing so right now.

And firing him because NU and it's fans want to win doesn't mean we have to automatically go dirty. That is really starting to get irritating with its frequency of appearing as a reason for keeping Bo.

Are we inferring that "The Nebraska Way" puts the athletic department and the University above academic deception and overlooking some things for the "Greater Good?" Because that just isn't true.

There are several sides to this in an athletic department. I forget the name, but Florida St had a starting football player become a Rhodes Scholar, for example.

Bo Pelini is a football coach in charge of young adults about ready to become independent. His job isn't just to "win", nor it just to "get them ready for life". It's both. He's getting the preparation part done quite well, the other, not so much, and that's why it's up for debate if he gets to continue doing so right now.

And firing him because NU and it's fans want to win doesn't mean we have to automatically go dirty. That is really starting to get irritating with its frequency of appearing as a reason for keeping Bo.

I can see this side, but the name that most frequently gets thrown out there is Tressel, who has a history of 'being dirty'.

I'm sorry but he is winning. It might not be the way you want but his win percentage indicates he's doing a lot better than about 108 or more other D1 programs over the last 6 years.

:ahhhhhhhh

It's mighty sad that any Husker "fan" would correlate winning with cheating or being dirty. If I recall, that isn't how we accomplished the feat in the past, it's not how we presently do it, and, other than some wild, baseless, assumptions about what others want, it's not how more than a handful of mouth breathers want to do it in the future.

Edit- To be clear, I am not saying we are or were squeaky clean in all aspects. Every program is going to have some issues but, we have been pretty darned clean when it comes to NCAA sanctions and the like. It's a pretty wild leap, imo, to say that because some fans want to win more, and because a very small handful of lunatics would accomplish that feat at any cost, that must mean winning=cheating. And, to carry it further, since Bo has run a clean program, the only way to stay clean is to keep Bo. They're both fallacious arguments.