Extreme Luck Bo

That 2012 Michigan State game wasn't decided on a bad call. That TD call-back on Dennard's INT was a questionable call, but with the years we've had in the Big Ten, we can all agree these officials are questionable at best. If you're going to say the officials gave us that 2012 game with a bad call, there's an equal argument to make that they gave Sparty this year's game with a host of bad calls.

It didn't nullify the INT, it called back the TD. Sparty still had a ten point lead and the ball with ten minutes to go, and all they had to do was kill the clock and stop Nebraska from scoring. They didn't, they couldn't, and we won that game.

If Dennard does not blindside whoever that was, we lose that game. Period. Since Bo doesn't have any control regarding whether a player on the other team makes a completely unnecessary penalty on a single play, I think it's fair to say he got lucky.

There were ten minutes left in the game. We drove down and scored two TDs in the fourth quarter alone. That TD would NOT have decided that game. You're playing a huge "what if" there. I'll do the same, and we can both agree nothing was decided.

You realize we scored the second of the two TDs with 6 seconds left, right? When do you think we were going to score that third TD?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=323080127

That 2012 Michigan State game wasn't decided on a bad call. That TD call-back on Dennard's INT was a questionable call, but with the years we've had in the Big Ten, we can all agree these officials are questionable at best. If you're going to say the officials gave us that 2012 game with a bad call, there's an equal argument to make that they gave Sparty this year's game with a host of bad calls.

It didn't nullify the INT, it called back the TD. Sparty still had a ten point lead and the ball with ten minutes to go, and all they had to do was kill the clock and stop Nebraska from scoring. They didn't, they couldn't, and we won that game.

If Dennard does not blindside whoever that was, we lose that game. Period. Since Bo doesn't have any control regarding whether a player on the other team makes a completely unnecessary penalty on a single play, I think it's fair to say he got lucky.

There were ten minutes left in the game. We drove down and scored two TDs in the fourth quarter alone. That TD would NOT have decided that game. You're playing a huge "what if" there. I'll do the same, and we can both agree nothing was decided.

You realize we scored the second of the two TDs with 6 seconds left, right? When do you think we were going to score that third TD?

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=323080127

You know we were also trying not to leave MSU any time on that last drive, right? So they wouldn't have time to respond if we kicked a FG to tie. Additionally, MSU would have scored on the INT return and not have run clock as they did on that drive. There's lots of possibilities since there were 10 minutes left in the game when MSU got that INT. Unless you're claiming to be able to see the future, you can't say with any certainty what would or would not have happened.

In your 'what if' scenario that TD isn't called back, and Sparty goes up 31-14.

In my 'what if' scenario we convert the 4th-down play at 3:15 and score on the next play.

'What if' cuts both ways.

You know we were also trying not to leave MSU any time on that last drive, right? So they wouldn't have time to respond if we kicked a FG to tie. Additionally, MSU would have scored on the INT return and not have run clock as they did on that drive. There's lots of possibilities since there were 10 minutes left in the game when MSU got that INT. Unless you're claiming to be able to see the future, you can't say with any certainty what would or would not have happened.

My God, you guys are hilarious.

MSU goes up 31-14 with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and you think it's too speculative to say we most likely would have lost that game?

Honestly, it's crap like this why you Bo-lievers can't be taken seriously.

Edit: Regarding "trying to run time off the clock" we got the ball back with 1:20 left. So we "ran" a total of 74 seconds off the clock on the winning TD drive. But why let the facts get in the way of a good story, am I right?

http://espn.go.com/n...080127&period=4

• Fire 1

In 2010 the ISU/UT/aTm game were officiated by the same crew. They out penalized Nebraska something in the range of 35-6 compared to their opponents. That is NOT bad luck.

No doubt we were screwed, but It is bad luck for Bo to get that crew 3 times. I also think that it is bad luck for Bo to be the coach when NU is leaving the Big 12, and the commissioner has it in for NU.

In 2010 the ISU/UT/aTm game were officiated by the same crew. They out penalized Nebraska something in the range of 35-6 compared to their opponents. That is NOT bad luck.

No doubt we were screwed, but It is bad luck for Bo to get that crew 3 times. I also think that it is bad luck for Bo to be the coach when NU is leaving the Big 12, and the commissioner has it in for NU.

Agreed. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that crew had it out for Nebraska. I've never seen anything in sports quite as bad as that A&M game. It honestly made me feel physically ill. On the plus side, I watched the game at a bar with my then co-worker (now wife). She put her arm around me when I hung my head after that BS roughing call on Courtney Osborne. That's how I knew she liked me. The rest is history.

• Fire 3

I do understand what you're saying, I just think it's too much coincidence to just be "bad luck." There was an article written, I can't remember who, but Bo told him one of refs essentially told him a fix was in for that aTm game.

Bad luck is one thing, but actively jobbing a team/coach/program is another.

Jesus, get off your high horse. You don't have to be some Bo Pelini fanboy to think the Nebraska Cornhuskers could have/should have won a game.

It's a Husker fan forum. Posting positive things about the TEAM doesn't equate to some slavish infatuation with the COACH.

• Fire 1

Agreed. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that crew had it out for Nebraska. I've never seen anything in sports quite as bad as that A&M game. It honestly made me feel physically ill. On the plus side, I watched the game at a bar with my then co-worker (now wife). She put her arm around me when I hung my head after that BS roughing call on Courtney Osborne. That's how I knew she liked me. The rest is history.

That's kind of awesome. :lol:

Plus 1. Cool.

Jesus, get off your high horse. You don't have to be some Bo Pelini fanboy to think the Nebraska Cornhuskers could have/should have won a game.

It's a Husker fan forum. Posting positive things about the TEAM doesn't equate to some slavish infatuation with the COACH.

Sure. But when it goes from "positive thinking" to "stubborn unreasonableness" it starts to smell like Bo-lieving.

Anyone but the most ridiculous Bo fanboy would admit that if MSU had gone up 31-14 with 10 minutes left, we almost certainly lose that game. It's almost math at that point.

• Fire 1