We aren't the only team that chokes

Nebraska is not a high level team this year.

This topic has been done to death. The fact of the matter is Nebraska "chokes" multiple times a year, this is the first time I can remember Oregon just getting cleaned out like that.

How many times have each of those teams choked? How many times has Nebraska choked?

Not necessarily arguing but if Nebraska isn't as high a level of team, would we be expected to "choke" more often? :dunno

I guess in an academic sense yes.

But that doesn't eliminate the fact that it's a problem.

Yes, we have problems. Who thought we were a perfect team to start the year? No one. Have we got better? I would say yes. Are we perfect? No. Who is? Outside of some solid debate about FSU, I would say no one. This is why I think the Bo Pelini discussion is ridiculous.

If anyone wants to talk about our horrible schedule just go look at who Northwestern has beat in nonconference this year. They are the worst our division has to offer. They are not bad no matter how many close games they lose.

Nebraska has gotten pushed to the limit and responded on many occasions. That is a testament to this team. I am sorry we won't get a shot to win a conference title or national title, but how many teams around the nation are not in a similar position?

We have a lot to be proud of and a lot to fix.

This topic has been done to death. The fact of the matter is Nebraska "chokes" multiple times a year, this is the first time I can remember Oregon just getting cleaned out like that.

How many times have each of those teams choked? How many times has Nebraska choked?

Not necessarily arguing but if Nebraska isn't as high a level of team, would we be expected to "choke" more often? :dunno

I agree it's still a problem but it's also somewhat circular: we're a bad team so we choke. we choke which shows we're a bad team. Basically we're not as good as we'd like to be so we don't win all the games we'd like. Minnesota looks less and less like a choke all the time. Even though I still think we should have beaten them.

Yes, we have problems. Who thought we were a perfect team to start the year? No one. Have we got better? I would say yes. Are we perfect? No. Who is? Outside of some solid debate about FSU, I would say no one. This is why I think the Bo Pelini discussion is ridiculous.

If anyone wants to talk about our horrible schedule just go look at who Northwestern has beat in nonconference this year. They are the worst our division has to offer. They are not bad no matter how many close games they lose.

Nebraska has gotten pushed to the limit and responded on many occasions. That is a testament to this team. I am sorry we won't get a shot to win a conference title or national title, but how many teams around the nation are not in a similar position?

We have a lot to be proud of and a lot to fix.

I love the hard fought wins. But I'm frustrated with the stupid losses. If we don't get in our own way against Michigan State, we win that game by at least 10 points. We are now back in the rankings and on our way to facing a game Ohio State team in the Big Ten CCG. Heck, if we don't squander an 18 point lead against UCLA we are 10-1 at this point in the season.

Remember last week when everyone said we need to be like Stanford?

How's that going?

They won 63-13 today. I'd say that would be pretty good.

Oh, I am sorry. Nebraska never destroyed the bottom of our conference this year. I am so sorry.

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

I'm just genuinely confused by the point of that first post. Were you trying to say that Nebraska was more like Stanford today, or that Stanford had some slip up that I haven't heard about, or what?

• Fire 1

How's that going?

They won 63-13 today. I'd say that would be pretty good.

Oh, I am sorry. Nebraska never destroyed the bottom of our conference this year. I am so sorry.

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

I'm just genuinely confused by the point of that first post. Were you trying to say that Nebraska was more like Stanford today, or that Stanford had some slip up that I haven't heard about, or what?

I guess I miss-spoke. I was thinking two weeks ago when Stanford beat Oregon. Everyone seemed to think we needed to be just like Stanford who was the big game all mighty. They proceed to choke against a broken, but not defeated USC. I am saying that Nebraska is its' own team. We have our flaws under this coaching regime, but we are not alone in this respect. I am happy what Bo has accomplished, given our situation, and we should be happy to have him as our coach. Cheer up; we won a game and let that be in our thoughts for at least 24 hours before you let your walls crumble in(not you specifically, but the board in general). Does that make sense?

A&M didnt surprise me. Baylors effort shocked me. Oregons effort disgusted m. We dont WANT to play in the Rose Bowl? What a joke. Well, they got their wish, no Rose Bowl. Nobody can say we quit, not like that.

Oregon pissed me off today. I was genuinely disappointed in the way they played. They haven't had a game like that since after Dennis Dixon tore his ACL in 2007. Got what they deserved with the way Huff and DaT were out spoken this week. Serves them right. I will never root against them but damn I was pissed all game long.

How's that going?

9-2, Ranked #9 in the country and will be playing an Arizona State team they already smashed earlier this season, for a shot at the conference title, the Rose Bowl and their fourth straight top 10 finish.

tumblr_msricuXJGH1qb5wa3o1_500.gif

Oregon, Baylor and A&M all lost big today to teams ranked lower than them, and you know what, you won't hear about them choking. I get so tired about the double standard between Nebraska and other high level teams. We lost to a UCLA ranked higher than us, a Minnesota team essentially playing for their coach who was ill, and lets be honest, we beat ourselves in the MSU game. I mean, we turn the ball over 5 times and they "only" beat us by 13. What has happened that people just don't have the love for our team any more..

OK rant over.

Really? I live in Oregon and read the comments from Oregon fans online. I promise you their fans are screaming about choking today and some are calling for the heads of Frost and Helfrich.

A&M didnt surprise me. Baylors effort shocked me. Oregons effort disgusted m. We dont WANT to play in the Rose Bowl? What a joke. Well, they got their wish, no Rose Bowl. Nobody can say we quit, not like that.

Oregon didn't say they didn't want to play in the Rose Bowl. DuhAnthony said that. But what he meant was he wanted to play for the national title and was disappointed in losing to Stanford. Everything else reported has been blown out of proportion.

As for today's game, I watched it. Arizona came out ready to roll. Their QB was hot and made some big plays. They came to win and took the win. The Ducks didn't hand it to them.

Georgia Southern did not complete a pass against Florida!

yeah, and no one is talking about how admirable florida's pass defense performed today.

They threw the ball 3 times against Florida...... How is that an admirable pass Defense??????? They gave up over 400 yards rushing to an FCS school.....