Taylor Martinez and Senior Day

Apathy

What kind of reception did he get?

He got a very loud, good reception today.

Then he kind of soured me a bit during the game. We are down 24/10 with a good chance to get back in the game still, and he is shown on the sidelines, sitting on a bench in the back, joking with some other folks. Way to support the team. Oh well, he did a lot for the Huskers and set a lot of records. And after this year, we won't hear much of him again.

• Fire 1

Then he kind of soured me a bit during the game. We are down 24/10 with a good chance to get back in the game still, and he is shown on the sidelines, sitting on a bench in the back, joking with some other folks. Way to support the team. Oh well, he did a lot for the Huskers and set a lot of records. And after this year, we won't hear much of him again.

I didn't think any of the seniors got deserving receptions. Our fans suck. I got asked to sit down 5 minutes into the game. Lame. For those there who have been to senior days prior, is this typical? If so, it's disappointing.

I didn't think any of the seniors got deserving receptions. Our fans suck. I got asked to sit down 5 minutes into the game. Lame. For those there who have been to senior days prior, is this typical? If so, it's disappointing.

Our crowd has steadily been more and more disappointing for the last decade or more. During the UCLA game when the Bruins made it 21 - 10, you'd have thought we were losing by 40. Only my wife and I in our entire section were standing and shouting..and yes, we got asked to sit down more than once. My response is always "NO!!! Why don't you stand up!!!!"

It was a major disappointment, I agree. Another meltdown (38-17 shellacking loss) which has just become the norm with this current coaching staff. I would have liked to have seen some moving around of the personnel in the offensive backfield, but I've never seen this happen during the Bo Pelini administration. I wanted to watch backup QB Brion Carnes all those past three seasons when T-Magic stayed in during the entire game during numerous meltdowns such as the Wisconsin, UCLA, and Ohio State blowout losses. Instead, I saw more of the same. This season, we lack depth at quarterback. In the final game of the regular season when Tommy Armstrong is injured with an ankle sprain (sustained from the Penn St. game), you're stuck with walk-on 5th year senior Ron Kellogg to carry the team the entire game -- the entire game. The result: Kellogg is the subject of a fierce blitzing scheme by Iowa that has Hawkeye defenders tee-ing off on and smashing the lumbering dropback passer on numerous occasions. He was wounded, hurting, needing assistance badly. Tommy Armstrong wasn't able to go today. Armstrong was injured. I would have loved to of seen Brion Carnes go in there and give Kellogg support at the quarterback's position during the 4th quarter, but coaches Beck (OC) and Ganz (QB coach) had different views instead. They ran off their available QB depth a season ago. Excellent work!

I'd be way more surprised if he got a "tremendous ovation" than I would be if he got booed.

Don't be surprised when you hear a lot of boo's...

Have you guys ever attended a game in Memorial? Are you even husker fans? Come on now. I'd really like you to entertain me with your rational as to why this is even possible.

Have you ever had a real-life, in-person conversation with a Husker fan? The amount of hate people heap upon that young man is atrocious.

It's ridiculous, this fanbase is giving up. We're becoming Minnesota.

This, more than anything else on or off the field, is what will force Eichorst's hand--no more sellout streak and an expanded stadium that can't fill itself with red-clad fans is not what you want to see in your first year or two as AD at DoNU.

It was a major disappointment, I agree. Another meltdown (38-17 shellacking loss) which has just become the norm with this current coaching staff. I would have liked to have seen some moving around of the personnel in the offensive backfield, but I've never seen this happen during the Bo Pelini administration. I wanted to watch backup QB Brion Carnes all those past three seasons when T-Magic stayed in during the entire game during numerous meltdowns such as the Wisconsin, UCLA, and Ohio State blowout losses. Instead, I saw more of the same. This season, we lack depth at quarterback. In the final game of the regular season when Tommy Armstrong is injured with an ankle sprain (sustained from the Penn St. game), you're stuck with walk-on 5th year senior Ron Kellogg to carry the team the entire game -- the entire game. The result: Kellogg is the subject of a fierce blitzing scheme by Iowa that has Hawkeye defenders tee-ing off on and smashing the lumbering dropback passer on numerous occasions. He was wounded, hurting, needing assistance badly. Tommy Armstrong wasn't able to go today. Armstrong was injured. I would have loved to of seen Brion Carnes go in there and give Kellogg support at the quarterback's position during the 4th quarter, but coaches Beck (OC) and Ganz (QB coach) had different views instead. They ran off their available QB depth a season ago. Excellent work!

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but, you wanted Carnes in? Hasn't he been gone for like 2 years

Why is that such a big deal? I saw him constantly talking to RK during the game. I'm sure not playing is killing him more than most of us can comprehend. I have no doubt he would have been on that field if at all possible. Some guys joke when things get bad because that's how they react. I know when I competed I was more likely to tell a joke or laugh when things got tough. Not that I was trying to make light, it just kept me (and my team) more relaxed.

TM has given everything he had for Nebraska, he owes us nothing. If he wants to joke on the sideline during his last home game during a rough season in which he was unfairly criticized by a lot of people, he's earned that right.

• Fire 1