Big Ten Changes

Redux

Let me start off by saying this; I'm a Husker fan and in no way shape or form have any real authority on the subject of making changes. We are the new team to the league and who are we to come in and say what needs changed?

Now that that's out of the way here are some things I would change if they were in my control:

-B1G Championship game at the higher seeded teams home stadium.

-Swap Rutgers and Maryland for Notre Dame and Mizzou. Substitute Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

-Start times for November games, yes it gets colder but at least a 2:30 start. 11am gets really old.

-Wisconsin must wear those red lids all the time. Seriously the white W on the red helmet is a freaking awesome look that should be permanent.

-Penn State vs Nebraska on Black Friday.

-Michigan vs Ohio State plays on a neutral site every 5-10 years just for funsies.

-BTN should offer the 60 min. replays year round on the network on certain weeknights.

Anything else to add, comment below. I had about ten more of these earlier but didn't have time to start this topic.

1. Night games in November

2. Require 2 games vs other BCS conferences (No Wisconsin, you can't schedule Wake Forest and Colorado ever year)

3. Conference games early in the season and mix some non conf later in the season.

4. Teams 15 and 16 must be football schools.

5. CCG rotate to different cities (Indy, Chicago, Detroit, NYC, Baltimore(?))

we need start scheduling some non-con games at nuetral sites and make more $$$. think about it, we pay SDSU, Southern Miss, probably Wyoming to come play us. If we had a nuetral site game in say arrowhead, or St louis or Jerry World we could split the pot without have to do a home and home split. just a thought....would be fun to do that with Oklahoma or Texas or USC etc, and get lots of exposure too.

we need start scheduling some non-con games at nuetral sites and make more $$$. think about it, we pay SDSU, Southern Miss, probably Wyoming to come play us. If we had a nuetral site game in say arrowhead, or St louis or Jerry World we could split the pot without have to do a home and home split. just a thought....would be fun to do that with Oklahoma or Texas or USC etc, and get lots of exposure too.

sounds good, surprised more teams don't do this.

sounds good, surprised more teams don't do this.

ThinK we had a neutral site game with NIU scheduled but it got pushed back. Would love a Neutral site game every other year with an old Big 8 team to beef up the ol schedule.

i wish we were back in the Big 12......the B1G is embarassing.

I disagree.

Most of that impression comes from the constant chirping from the Big XII and SEC. The Big 10 doesn't have the flash of those two conferences, but I really believe that Johnny Football would be in a body cast at this point in the season if he played up here. I'm not sure who decided flash is better than bash, but it probably isn't anyone ever playing at the Golden Gopher Stadium or Ann Arbor in the middle of November, with a gentle breeze blowing out of the Northwest at 39 miles an hour, laced with sleet that feels like needles. I see the SEC as being akin to "Dancing with the Stars" and the Big 10 a cage match, one being determined by style points and the other going to the last man standing.

As for the Big 12 defenses vs. the Big 10 offensive lines, we went through that battering last year, and WE used to be the physical ones in the Big 12. The Texas run defense vs. BYU run offense was horrific to watch...now multiply that imbalance by infinity and that would be Texas vs. Wisconsin. You heard the old joke about the difference between a Big 12 basketball team and a Big 12 football team? The basketball team is less likely to give up 70 points in a game. Penn State and Michigan State are stingier with yards than Baylor or Oklahoma State is with touchdowns.

Then again, I am prejudiced... :thumbs

• Fire 1

1. Night games in November

2. Require 2 games vs other BCS conferences (No Wisconsin, you can't schedule Wake Forest and Colorado ever year)

3. Conference games early in the season and mix some non conf later in the season.

4. Teams 15 and 16 must be football schools.

5. CCG rotate to different cities (Indy, Chicago, Detroit, NYC, DC))

FIFY