This needs to be Pelini's last game as our coach

SUPERBUNNY

My guess is the plan has been underway since they learned of the tape and that Coach Osborne had swept it under the table. I can not imagine them being happy with that.

You either are saying that our AD is competent or not. If there is change, I would think it would be handled better than the Solich firing. But there are less things involved in this than there was with Frank. If he is being fired, it would not surprise me to hear of a new coach within the week. As I think it would have been in the works for a month or two. He will not be fired for today's on the field problems. But those and the press conference will add to the tape and the other less than stellar actions on the side line over the years. Those things could be used for cause I think.

Of course just my thoughts, Bo maybe back next year, with never a thought of replacing him. But my guess is Shawn's phone is ringing off the hook tonight and through the weekend.

My guess is the plan has been underway since they learned of the tape and that Coach Osborne had swept it under the table. I can not imagine them being happy with that.

You either are saying that our AD is competent or not. If there is change, I would think it would be handled better than the Solich firing. But there are less things involved in this than there was with Frank. If he is being fired, it would not surprise me to hear of a new coach within the week. As I think it would have been in the works for a month or two. He will not be fired for today's on the field problems. But those and the press conference will add to the tape and the other less than stellar actions on the side line over the years. Those things could be used for cause I think.

Of course just my thoughts, Bo maybe back next year, with never a thought of replacing him. But my guess is Shawn's phone is ringing off the hook tonight and through the weekend.

My guess is there's something going across the crawl tonight and a press conference before Monday.

Did he give the decision makers a choice? Sounded like a dare to me.

I think he's fed up with the question more than wanting to dare the administrators. He's been having to answer the same question since the UCLA game and, like the rest of us, he too has not gotten any answers as to his job status going forward. He's handled that as good as to be expected considering Michigan's AD came out this week and supported Hoke even when they seem to be getting worse.

It's also only Hoke's 3rd year. We will see how supportive their AD is if things stay the same after 6 years.

+1

I'm curious how many years Michigan would support a coach that couldn't beat "Ohio."

Hoke might not even be safe yet this year. Say OSU hammers them 70-7, it would be loud in Ann Arbor

We do you continue to support Bo ??? After 6 years and the team has regressed.

If you have a man and a plan to replace Bo, let's hear it.

My guess is all of you chirping about dumping Bo were the same ones breathless and giddy to hear the rumors about Pedersen landing Houston Nutt. I see a replay of Pedersen's crash and burn unless someone has thought it out past the butthurt of being 8-4

So you are so in fear of what happened in 2003 you are willing to accept the total joke/mess that we have now? At what point has 8-4 ever been acceptable at Nebraska?

I'm taking it upon myself to write the requirements for a new coach as I understand them from the "fans" I hear. You must win MORE than 9 games/year, you must win the conference title about 8 of every 10 years (You'll be in hot water the 2 years that you don't), must go to a BCS bowl game every year, win a National Championship at least twice a decade, have the sideline demeanor of an alter boy even when getting screwed by the Zebras, never swear (swearing and name calling are reserved for "fans"), you aren't allowed to lose even when injuries have depleted your offense we don't care that the 3rd team isn't good enough, if you do lose you can not lose by more than about 7 points. So, if you can do all of that get your name in the hat if the job opens up. :)

Let's start with the basics. Limiting turnovers and avoiding penalties. Bo's teams have never done either of those. How about composing yourself with dignity in the face of adversity? Bo improved upon that over the course of his career but completely tanked today. Speaking of adversity, how about collecting a team of assistants and players that don't completely void their bowels and forget how to play/coach when an opponent has the lead? How about showing up in a big game on national TV rather than getting beat 70-31, 63-38, 41-21, etc . . . daresay even win one? How about a team that plays solid football, rather than one that plays sloppy and needs miracles to beat bad teams?

• Fire 2

I wonder if Bo realizes he is the laughingstock across every sports station today. You would think that if he already felt he was not going to keep his Nebraska job, at least he would put on a good face so some other team would hire him. I don't see him moving to another team as head coach anytime soon, but can see him moving back to a D-coordinator for a college or pro team.

Bo is a smart man- he has about eight million reasons to defecate on the floor on his way out- Did anyone of you who want Bo gone care to even listen to the players who week after week told you what a good man Bo is? that they'd run through walls for him- Kenny Bell said he'd be willing to fight Satan (Perlman) for Bo- so the guy is emotional, so he says what's on his mind, and calls out idiots - he doesn't suffer fools, and I like that, I guess old Harv will get some mealy mouth coach and then with the mealy mouthed AD he can be completely in charge- bully for him,

You guys (BO haters), along with Perlman will never get it, winning is obviously important, but its about more than winning, When we look for the national or local media to form our opinions, or worse, we kneel to them because of some sort of shame that they fabricate, then we have no spines and we need to added to the compost pile. The real story is, why is Harvey still our chancellor.

So called "fans" that keep saying that we're Nebraska we expect more, seriously need to examine the need to be so invested in a short term solution to a problem that is base on spurious reasons.

Bo is a smart man- he has about eight million reasons to defecate on the floor on his way out- Did anyone of you who want Bo gone care to even listen to the players who week after week told you what a good man Bo is? that they'd run through walls for him- Kenny Bell said he'd be willing to fight Satan (Perlman) for Bo- so the guy is emotional, so he says what's on his mind, and calls out idiots - he doesn't suffer fools, and I like that, I guess old Harv will get some mealy mouth coach and then with the mealy mouthed AD he can be completely in charge- bully for him,

You guys (BO haters), along with Perlman will never get it, winning is obviously important, but its about more than winning, When we look for the national or local media to form our opinions, or worse, we kneel to them because of some sort of shame that they fabricate, then we have no spines and we need to added to the compost pile. The real story is, why is Harvey still our chancellor.

So called "fans" that keep saying that we're Nebraska we expect more, seriously need to examine the need to be so invested in a short term solution to a problem that is base on spurious reasons.

Amen IvabigN!

Prepare to be picked apart (some of these posters are still stuck with the kool-aid) but I appreciate your perspective. Logical and fantastic.

I'm taking it upon myself to write the requirements for a new coach as I understand them from the "fans" I hear. You must win MORE than 9 games/year, you must win the conference title about 8 of every 10 years (You'll be in hot water the 2 years that you don't), must go to a BCS bowl game every year, win a National Championship at least twice a decade, have the sideline demeanor of an alter boy even when getting screwed by the Zebras, never swear (swearing and name calling are reserved for "fans"), you aren't allowed to lose even when injuries have depleted your offense we don't care that the 3rd team isn't good enough, if you do lose you can not lose by more than about 7 points. So, if you can do all of that get your name in the hat if the job opens up. :)

Ha

Bobby Knight, Woody Hayes, Bo Pelini. All winning seasons but .......

2/3 have won NC, you figure out who's the two

His career isn't over (and he did win a NC in 2007, but as a DC).

True, but after yet another meltdown on national TV, I don't know too many programs that would want Bo as a head coach in the immediate future. I can see him landing a DC gig somewhere though.