Bo's Job Security - 2013 (Poll 3)

knapplc

Bo Pelini's job security  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

how can anyone be happy with a coach that hates his fans, acts like a petulant child whenever the chips are down, and has not progressed the program at all since his second year. we are not only worse, our competition has been a joke.

I think the answer is, they are younger fans that don't realize that things can (and have been) better. They forget we had 35 years of success prior to Callahan showing up.

Beanman, I think there is definitely something to that theory. The defeatist attitude certainly seems to surround the younger bunch.

it really should not though. if you watch the games, you can clearly see the team on the field is under-performing. and if you watch the B1G, there is no reason we should not be able to compete every year. we should never have more then 2 losses in B1G play. not the way it is right now.

Seems like a short time ago we were talking about a "scoring explosion" and a weak ass schedule we were going to bowl right through. Hmm. The injuries to this team deserve to be acknowledged as a reason for failing, sure they do. Now, this staff has utilized every possible excuse for failing that is available to them in the last six years. Legitimate excuses? Sure probably. It still amazes me though how every year the excuse jumps for one,area to the other.

First it was great defense poor offense.

Then it was Watsons fault so we fired him and got Beck.

Then Beck was a god send, but we couldn't possibly win games with all this coaching turnover on the offense and defense.

So finally Becks offense scores points but the defense is sh#t.

Unfortunately, our first couple recruiting classes turned out to be terrible. So there's that excuse.

Turnovers, well, thats the constant excuse.

Now the schedule set up to where there were no excuses for that previous "well we made the jump to the Big Ten " excuse. You know, where we couldn't possibly expect these coaches to win right away after that move. They needed more time.

By God, just when you thought the excuses had to be about out, 35 of our starting 22 players get injured. Unfortunately killing another season.

I know I'm missing some but damn, I'm worn out from all these excuses already. What will the excuse be next year? It's only a matter of when not "if" anymore.

I know I'm missing some but damn, I'm worn out from all these excuses already. What will the excuse be next year? It's only a matter of when not "if" anymore.

we changed conferences. that was a big one. never really understood it, though.

but it was an excuse for us, even though the B1G annually gets beaten by teams from other conferences in bowl games and non-con.

how can anyone be happy with a coach that hates his fans, acts like a petulant child whenever the chips are down, and has not progressed the program at all since his second year. we are not only worse, our competition has been a joke.

I think the answer is, they are younger fans that don't realize that things can (and have been) better. They forget we had 35 years of success prior to Callahan showing up.

Beanman, I think there is definitely something to that theory. The defeatist attitude certainly seems to surround the younger bunch.

it really should not though. if you watch the games, you can clearly see the team on the field is under-performing. and if you watch the B1G, there is no reason we should not be able to compete every year. we should never have more then 2 losses in B1G play. not the way it is right now.

Seems like a short time ago we were talking about a "scoring explosion" and a weak ass schedule we were going to bowl right through. Hmm. The injuries to this team deserve to be acknowledged as a reason for failing, sure they do. Now, this staff has utilized every possible excuse for failing that is available to them in the last six years. Legitimate excuses? Sure probably. It still amazes me though how every year the excuse jumps for one,area to the other.

First it was great defense poor offense.

Then it was Watsons fault so we fired him and got Beck.

Then Beck was a god send, but we couldn't possibly win games with all this coaching turnover on the offense and defense.

So finally Becks offense scores points but the defense is sh#t.

Unfortunately, our first couple recruiting classes turned out to be terrible. So there's that excuse.

Turnovers, well, thats the constant excuse.

Now the schedule set up to where there were no excuses for that previous "well we made the jump to the Big Ten " excuse. You know, where we couldn't possibly expect these coaches to win right away after that move. They needed more time.

By God, just when you thought the excuses had to be about out, 35 of our starting 22 players get injured. Unfortunately killing another season.

Haven't you heard? The new excuse is us fans. We're vitriol and our obsession with winning is tearing the team apart.

• Fire 1

Coaching staff using the excuses? Or people in discussing the situation? HUGE difference.

Coaching staff using the excuses? Or people in discussing the situation? HUGE difference.

You're correct. For the staff, the problems jump to all different aspects. The excuses are used by the people who constantly defend these repeated problems.

If they don't have a short list of strong candidates ready to replace him, don't fire him. Who's on that short list? I have no idea.

If they don't have a short list of strong candidates ready then Eichorst should be fired for not doing his job. There's no guarantee that Pelini was/is going to stay at NU and any AD should have a short list at all times.

One of the reasons I expect him to be gone is that he has virtually NO visible active supporters either locally or nationally.

Case in point. Last night on ESPN, (who normally deems us unworthy of even a mention when discussing college football), LED OFF with Bo's presser and then proceeded to rail about how every story concerning Bo negatively reflects on the University..........conveniently ignoring how they are contributing to it).

So, leading SportsCenter, huh? Bo's returned us to relevance! :sarcasm

I've been a Bo supporter. Obviously things have not gone as well as we all would have liked (expected?). But I would really have liked to see what would have happened had he had a chance to get it all put together. I know, year six and everything. But I still claim we didn't hit recruiting as hard as we should have his first couple years. That led to a drop-off after pretty good second and third years here. But I think the talent level was getting back up where it needs to be. Even with the youth on defense this year I though this would be a telling year but then we also ended up with injury/youth/inexperience at the QB spot (not to mention OLine) which makes it tough to get a good picture of what's actually going on.

Many have asked about being satisfied or how many "one more years" does a guy get. I'm not "satisfied" with what we've seen but I also don't think changing coaches every 5-6 gets you anywhere as well. We've fired two coaches thinking the next guy would lead us back to the promised land and here we are 10+ years down the road an in basically the same spot. I personally wouldn't mind seeing one more year as we'll have most of the offense back and a defense that has been vastly improved in conference play. I think that would be a more true reflection of what this staff can do. Maybe it's the same as we've seen, maybe not.

Having said all that, I think after yesterday he's most likely gone. And I can't really argue with that at this point.

I am surprised that SE came out with the statement today. I only hope that now since the decision has been made, all Husker fans rally around together for next year. Of course, I wouldn't object to some staffing shuffles, particularly as it relates to special teams. Full ahead on recruiting. Hope the potential recruits realize the uncertainty is gone and can focus on the program.