So Bo's staying. Now what?

papersun87

A revamped coaching staff and style needs to happen. Paps is not DC material. At all. Beck just goes stupid way to much during games. Special teams needs to be focused on.

I don't think Paps needs to go. But Beck can and should leave.

Personally, I've never been impressed with him as DC. Like Beck, there are too many ups and downs with this defense. If the defense was at least consistent, I could see keeping him on. But I've seen too many instances where the defense looks impenetrable then we see where they couldn't stop themselves by running into a wall.

I've always wondered what the true cause of that inconsistency is. Perhaps it's two-pronged. The defense is young remember.

Second, failing that, a staff shakeup would go a long ways. I am of the opinion that Papuchis, Beck, Els, and Dobson all need pink slips. While I think Kaczenski, Fisher, Brown, Joseph, Cotton, and Garrison have earned their stay I sure hope if Bo is going to shake things up he would hire externally and not promote (which is part of to Bo-haters' beef against him) and surely any new OC/DC would bring in their own guys.

yeah, can't wait for bo to revamp his staff and then after another disappointing season next year all of the bo-supporters saying bo deserves one more year for his staff to settle in and we are so close but they need to get their players in their systems.

I think if Bo revamps his staff and we stumble to a similar season, then by all means he should go.

wait, i thought this was a post from last year, or the year before, or the year before.

nope, same song and dance.

It seems to me the Bo-backers are suffering from something similar to battered wife syndrome. "He only gets mad because he loves me so much". "He only tells me to go blank myself because he's so passionate". "I have to stay with him because no one else would want me". "Its my fault , I make him do these things"

Its kind of sad really.

• Fire 4

A revamped coaching staff and style needs to happen. Paps is not DC material. At all. Beck just goes stupid way to much during games. Special teams needs to be focused on.

I don't think Paps needs to go. But Beck can and should leave.

Personally, I've never been impressed with him as DC. Like Beck, there are too many ups and downs with this defense. If the defense was at least consistent, I could see keeping him on. But I've seen too many instances where the defense looks impenetrable then we see where they couldn't stop themselves by running into a wall.

I've always wondered what the true cause of that inconsistency is. Perhaps it's two-pronged. The defense is young remember.

The defense is young and they certainly showed flashes of absolute greatness and dominance. But I just remember the rumors that floated where Bo took more control of the defensive calling and Paps was nothing more than the mouthpiece (i.e. Bo calls the play and Paps signals it in)

same excuses were being made when it was watson. and newsflash, bo still runs the defense. pap is a puppet and waste of a position on the staff, but that was what bo wanted.

Second, failing that, a staff shakeup would go a long ways. I am of the opinion that Papuchis, Beck, Els, and Dobson all need pink slips. While I think Kaczenski, Fisher, Brown, Joseph, Cotton, and Garrison have earned their stay I sure hope if Bo is going to shake things up he would hire externally and not promote (which is part of to Bo-haters' beef against him) and surely any new OC/DC would bring in their own guys.

yeah, can't wait for bo to revamp his staff and then after another disappointing season next year all of the bo-supporters saying bo deserves one more year for his staff to settle in and we are so close but they need to get their players in their systems.

I think if Bo revamps his staff and we stumble to a similar season, then by all means he should go.

wait, i thought this was a post from last year, or the year before, or the year before.

nope, same song and dance.

I believe the time and date stamp reads November 30, 2013.

Definitely not hard to be excited about the players we have on defense, and on offense. All in all, I'll say that this with be Bo's most talented and (and is a keyword here) experienced team since 2009.

Results can and should be expected next season. And if Bo fails to deliver on those, then by all means show him the door.

It seems to me the Bo-backers are suffering from something similar to battered wife syndrome. "He only gets mad because he loves me so much". "He only tells me to go blank myself because he's so passionate". "I have to stay with him because no one else would want me". "Its my fault , I make him do these things"

Its kind of sad really.

Uhhh...huh?

same excuses were being made when it was watson. and newsflash, bo still runs the defense. pap is a puppet and waste of a position on the staff, but that was what bo wanted.

I'm curious as to how the hell we substantiate this.

I guess I'm holding out hope that if Bo wants to coach here, then he'll figure out that he just dodged a bullet and change things up.