So Bo's staying. Now what?

papersun87

Definitely not hard to be excited about the players we have on defense, and on offense. All in all, I'll say that this with be Bo's most talented and (and is a keyword here) experienced team since 2009.

yeah, because 2009 was such an overwhelming success. wait, all the failures from that year was watson's fault. now we just have beck in our way to true greatness.

A revamped coaching staff and style needs to happen. Paps is not DC material. At all. Beck just goes stupid way to much during games. Special teams needs to be focused on.

same excuses were being made when it was watson. and newsflash, bo still runs the defense. pap is a puppet and waste of a position on the staff, but that was what bo wanted.

I'm curious as to how the hell we substantiate this.

well if bo does not run the defense, what the hell is he doing here?

A revamped coaching staff and style needs to happen. Paps is not DC material. At all. Beck just goes stupid way to much during games. Special teams needs to be focused on.

same excuses were being made when it was watson. and newsflash, bo still runs the defense. pap is a puppet and waste of a position on the staff, but that was what bo wanted.

I guess I'm holding out hope that if Bo wants to coach here, then he'll figure out that he just dodged a bullet and change things up.

i have ran out of hope. but why should we believe bo wants to coach here? he hates us.

Definitely not hard to be excited about the players we have on defense, and on offense. All in all, I'll say that this with be Bo's most talented and (and is a keyword here) experienced team since 2009.

yeah, because 2009 was such an overwhelming success. wait, all the failures from that year was watson's fault. now we just have beck in our way to true greatness.

2009 may not have been the greatest success but it was still the closest Bo's been to actually accomplishing anything.

As for Beck, 2012 was a great year for him but 2013 was just baffling.

I would think that some people would welcome a season like 2009. Losing 3 games by a combined 4 points. Two of those to ranked teams. One of those in the Big XII Championship against #3 Texas.

I'm curious as to how the hell we substantiate this.

well if bo does not run the defense, what the hell is he doing here?

I don't know. But a lack of support from one side doesn't and shouldn't lend any credibility to the other side.

I've been "Pro Bo, Bro" the whole time, but after the Iowa game I am tired of seeing the same Nebraska team, even with 9 wins a season. We are way too sloppy, I know an argument can be said that some of the fumbles are on our players because we work on them in practice. But we just are not a well coached football team. We don't have an identity on offense and I am annoyed we are losing to teams like Michigan State and Iowa because of turnovers. We clearly have a lot of talent on this team and even with all our turnover problems we have a chance to win.

To be honest, I would be fine with a rebuilding year as long as we start to become a more clean team. I want a coach that embraces our fans similar to what Tim Miles does. If Bo does get rid of some staff and gets an actual DC and a OC that establishes an identity for this team I would be ok with that and support this team.

you have to consider the possibility that Bo does not like you, he never wanted you. In all probability he hates you. This is not the worst thing to happen.

We dont need him. If we are Bo's unwanted masses so be it. But first we have to give up, know not fear that someday Bos going to leave us. Its only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

We've all been raised to believe that the Huskers will win National Championships, Big Ten titles, Hero sandwich trophies but we wont and we are slowly learning that fact.

I guess I'm holding out hope that if Bo wants to coach here, then he'll figure out that he just dodged a bullet and change things up.

I don't think Bo has fully dodged a bullet yet. I think Eichorst is simply not pulling the trigger...yet. My gut instinct tells me there will be a staff change after the Bowl game and Eichorst is just biding his time until then. I think Eichorst knows Bo wants to leave and he's willing to let him leave as long as it's not on Bo's terms. Eichorst can start his search now (there's no difference between firing Bo now and starting the search and keeping Bo and starting his search. They're both going to take time) and have something ready to go once the trigger is pulled so there's as little impact to recruiting as we can hope for. I think Eichorst's statement today was nothing more than something to appease the media and in some cases, the fans. It was nothing more than his way of buying more time.

It seems to me the Bo-backers are suffering from something similar to battered wife syndrome. "He only gets mad because he loves me so much". "He only tells me to go blank myself because he's so passionate". "I have to stay with him because no one else would want me". "Its my fault , I make him do these things"

Its kind of sad really.

Um no, bad analogy.

We go and win our bowl, go 9-4 . People will bitch. We will persevere. Time to take this team up to the next level. 12 wins verbatim.

what does this even mean?

Thats where the bar needs to be set. Eichorst needs to set a goal for Bo. Maybe with some direction he can turn this thing around.