Prediction Bowl

Does BWW pick before Gator? By reading some of the national bowl scenarios, I was under the assumption that BWW would take Neb 'over' a few other Big 10 teams (Minn in particular...who obviously beat us and technically finished ahead of us) because they despartly wanted NU vs Tex......... The Neb vs KSU match up would have NO appeal outside of the 2 state region, losing a ton of fan base without Tex and the thought that NU 'may' travel if it was to play Texas.....

I don't think NU will travel well to see any other match up than Texas (in comparison to the typical NU crowd)..... The bowl systems know this and if Texas is NOT available, I wouldn't be surprised to see BWW take Minnesota over Neb..... a team that is on a 'high' right now after a great season and an excited fan base (although not known for travel)....

This would push Nebraska to Gator bowl vs SEC or maybe even Texas Bowl vs Big 12 (which I have seen in a few projection sites vs Texas Tech)........

The NIU loss may have screwed Nebraska........but then again..... Nebraska screwed Nebraska....not anyone else !!

Does BWW pick before Gator? By reading some of the national bowl scenarios, I was under the assumption that BWW would take Neb 'over' a few other Big 10 teams (Minn in particular...who obviously beat us and technically finished ahead of us) because they despartly wanted NU vs Tex......... The Neb vs KSU match up would have NO appeal outside of the 2 state region, losing a ton of fan base without Tex and the thought that NU 'may' travel if it was to play Texas.....

I don't think NU will travel well to see any other match up than Texas (in comparison to the typical NU crowd)..... The bowl systems know this and if Texas is NOT available, I wouldn't be surprised to see BWW take Minnesota over Neb..... a team that is on a 'high' right now after a great season and an excited fan base (although not known for travel)....

This would push Nebraska to Gator bowl vs SEC or maybe even Texas Bowl vs Big 12 (which I have seen in a few projection sites vs Texas Tech)........

The NIU loss may have screwed Nebraska........but then again..... Nebraska screwed Nebraska....not anyone else !!

BWW and Gator flop picks every year - this year the BWW picks first.

I don't think the BWW would pass on the Huskers just because they wouldn't get Texas. I don't think Minny is bringing any more fans or TV sets no matter who they would play.

Yes let's play another SEC team in a bowl game, 3rd time is a charm ??? Is this the rally cry we will use.

Best match up would be k-state. A beatable team and would bring back some good memories.

i predict we win the bowl because that is what bo does to us. he kicks us in the crotch, and then gives us enough of a hug to make us trust him again.

Bo last two bowl games. Lost to Georgia 45-31 and S. Carolina 30-13. Yep that's what Bo does, gets his àss kicked two years in a row.

Agreed. 70 -31 loss to Wisconsin followed by a 45-31 loss to Georgia was more like Bo kicking us in the nuts, then doing it again to make sure he got both of them.

• Fire 1

3 straight bowl losses was.all part of the plan guys! Bo knew wed play Texas this very year in a bowl. So to make hem think we suck postseason, he lost all of them. Lull them into a false sense of security. Jow the ti.e has come to uleash the beast! Bo you are a beuatiful evil genius.

Yes let's play another SEC team in a bowl game, 3rd time is a charm ??? Is this the rally cry we will use.

Best match up would be k-state. A beatable team and would bring back some good memories.

Not sure if you were suggesting "I" said that NU would rather play an SEC team ??? I don't understand your comment, but it really has absolutely nothing related to my post that you qouted. I wasn't making any suggestions on what " I wanted", just stating the facts and everything I had read, including the bowl tie-ins with the SEC..... but I thought that was obvious ??

Not sure what you meant by "rally cry" comment.... nothing was said in the post about wanting to play an SEC team. I actually agree with you about the K-State possibility, just a little confused by the bs jargon before the common sense.

Very realistic chance to get Texas. Baylor to BCS. Oklahoma St now to cotton bowl. OU gets chosen to Alamo because they won and tied with Texas who just lost. BBW to pick Texas. No chance BBW picks MN over Nebraska to play Texas.

There was talk of OU getting a BSC at large bid during their game. If that were to happen that would throw a monkey wrench into things. I'll just be glad when this all gets ironed out tomorrow.

Very realistic chance to get Texas. Baylor to BCS. Oklahoma St now to cotton bowl. OU gets chosen to Alamo because they won and tied with Texas who just lost. BBW to pick Texas. No chance BBW picks MN over Nebraska to play Texas.

Absolutely NO chance of BWW taking Minn over Nebraska to play Texas......the BWW is hoping for the Texas-Nebraska match up.... I am not sure anyone even suggested that they would want a Minn-Tex match up.......... I mentioned that if the BWW "lost" Texas to another bowl... that possibly the BWW would take Minn to play another Big 12 team.... not now.....shaping up to be Nebraska - Texas as you have listed in your scenario.....OU will go to Alamo or Cotton, with Okie State to the other.

I don't think OU gets an at large. Too many teams ahead of them and the SEC can get 3 teams in. Auburn and FSU to natty champ. Alabama, and South Carolina/Mizzou to BCS. Oregon and Stanford. MSU and Ohio State. Clemson possibly. I also think OSU will still be ranked ahead of OU and get picked before them. But who knows.

SEC can only get two in. BCS rules limit each conference to only two bids under most circumstances. I have Alabama, Clemson, Michigan State (probably), and either Oklahoma or Oregon as the at-large teams.

I think (hope) that the BWW bowl will pass on us if can't match us up with Texas.