Riding the fence no more

I am not sure why I had to start a new topic but I just had to announce that I am not riding the fence on Bo anymore. I am totally behind him but in hopeful manner that he gets some different assistants in here.

I was watching a 2009 highlight film and I completely forget to realize that the coaching staff hasn't had a chance to have any sort of continuity.

Mike Ekeler gone

Marvin Sanders gone

Shawn Watson gone

Carl Pelini gone

How much has THIS been the issue?

• Fire 1

Yeah, I'm behind Pelini too. But for different reasons. I think it's a lot harder on a program to reboot than people realize. We fire Bo now and the Huskers will be set back by another two or three years. Or more. I just think it will be more efficient to fix the existing problems and improve what we have. Rather than shitcaning the whole staff and starting from scratch again. That, and I continue to believe that Bo is a decent coach. Albeit with a few flaws.

Yeah, I'm behind Pelini too. But for different reasons. I think it's a lot harder on a program to reboot than people realize. We fire Bo now and the Huskers will be set back by another two or three years. Or more. I just think it will be more efficient to fix the existing problems and improve what we have. Rather than shitcaning the whole staff and starting from scratch again. That, and I continue to believe that Bo is a decent coach. Albeit with a few flaws.

You're assuming he can fix the problems. What makes you believe that? (honest question)

I am not sure why I had to start a new topic but I just had to announce that I am not riding the fence on Bo anymore. I am totally behind him but in hopeful manner that he gets some different assistants in here.

I was watching a 2009 highlight film and I completely forget to realize that the coaching staff hasn't had a chance to have any sort of continuity.

Mike Ekeler gone

Marvin Sanders gone

Shawn Watson gone

Carl Pelini gone

How much has THIS been the issue?

I don't know...how much has it? This is the first year since then that we've returned every coach, and we are 8-4 with an easier schedule compared to 10-2 at this point last year with a much more difficult schedule.

You have to take the good with the bad. Lets look at Mizzou this year, everyone see how great they are, but no one wants to remember them being 5-7 last year or Auburn going 3-8 last year. How bout Florida, 10-2 to what 4-8 I believe. Nebraska has been pretty consistent under BP as far as record is concerned.

No up and down like a lot of teams. Has he reached the pinnacle yet, no but he has 1 more year IMO to try.

I am not going to bitch and moan the whole off season, just because something didn't happen that I thought would. Its counter productive.

We are void highs and lows with Bo so far. Medium range has been the staple. Next year has to be different one way or another to validate suooort or confirm a change must be made.

I agree, I don't think the conference title is a must, but a divisional title is definitely needed with about a 10-2 record with fundamentally sound play throughout.

I want BP to be successful, because I want Nebraska to be successful. I agree with Shatel that SE should have given his vote of confidence before the Iowa game. I don't know if they win the game, but the PC etc. would probably gone better.

Normally the staff shakeups wouldnt be an excuse, happens alot. But in the midst of a conference change it had to be a huge factor. Different system different recruiting, on top of reassigning staff/hiring new staff. Yeah it had to have an effect.

Do you think we'd be better than 8-4 w/ Watson/Carl right now? For some reason I don't think so...