In which areas do you actually expect improvement in 2014?

Ulty

In which areas do you actually expect improvement in 2014?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was looking for a defensive improvement category. I'd have checked that box.

The categories listed? Past results seem to strongly suggest that there won't be improvement.

Same here.

If Els is fired, I'd probably go back and check the special teams box. But I don't have that much hope of anyone being fired.

Based on the product on the field for the last 5 years, I expect improvement in every area listed above. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I don't think that was the vain in which the question was asked. I would agree, I would like to see improvement in all those areas as well, but I took the question to mean, do you think we will actually see improvement in those areas? Unfortunately I could not check any but the last choice. I thought real hard about special teams improvement simply because it can't really get much worse so seems likely to improve, but with our current strategy of no punt block and no punt return, I think they are doing exactly what Bo wants and that he doesn't see it as the detriment I do. Bo does not strike me as the type to drastically, or even slightly, change anything. I've heard execute the process so many times from him that I think he continues to put it fully on player execution and will not re-evaluate what he has them doing or practicing. Hope I'm wrong and have to eat crow. I do think we'll see continued improvement in the D and I hope to God that the coaches dial up the pressure more often and do away with the patta-cake grab ass at the los.

I thought real hard about special teams improvement simply because it can't really get much worse so seems likely to improve, but with our current strategy of no punt block and no punt return, I think they are doing exactly what Bo wants and that he doesn't see it as the detriment I do. Bo does not strike me as the type to drastically, or even slightly, change anything.

The coaching staff concern for punt returns was addressed at one of the Big Red breakfasts this past month. I don't remember which one off the top of my head.

I thought real hard about special teams improvement simply because it can't really get much worse so seems likely to improve, but with our current strategy of no punt block and no punt return, I think they are doing exactly what Bo wants and that he doesn't see it as the detriment I do. Bo does not strike me as the type to drastically, or even slightly, change anything.

The coaching staff concern for punt returns was addressed at one of the Big Red breakfasts this past month. I don't remember which one off the top of my head.

Hopefully that means they recognize it is a problem from strategy/planning all the way down to execution. Sure, everyone realizes the PR guy needs to catch the ball, but do the coaches realize pressuring the opposing kicker and maybe actually blocking a kick might help too? There were more than a couple punts we could've blocked this year and the rushers simply stopped short because that is what they have been taught. I hope they realize that thought process needs to change and that starts with the coaches and has nothing to do with player execution.

If Els is fired

I'm cherry-picking part of a quote and potentially taking it out of context, but why do people want Els fired? Why just not reassigned?

Probably the hope of potentially bringing in somebody who can better coach linebackers and/or special teams, as he's been largely ineffective in both roles. What do you suggest?

dude, you posted something about bo saying something at his press conference that lead you to doubt that he would make any changes. do you know what i am talking about, or am i crazy?

The first question he took was about the mistakes that have been plaguing the team, and he interrupted the guy to retort "those mistakes plague any team".

If that's what you're thinking of. Maybe I was reading too much into it, but if you can't even recognize or admit there's problems, they sure as hell won't be fixed.

• Fire 1