Washington to hire Chris Petersen

Nobody

He never got that chance too because he couldn't get the $$$$ needed for the buyout thanks to a certain old HC/AD who is more worried about his legacy than what is good for the program. So the hope is that after one more year of the same old sh#t, more people will open thier eyes and realize that this staff needs to be shown the door. And the buyout is approx 2M less.

Or.

The hope is that throughout these last six years and throughout the next one more year, that people can have a little bit of humility and think,

"Well, Tom Osborne has given his life to this program for 39 years, had a part in every single notable thing we have ever accomplished, resurrected and reunited a fractured and dying program, and in general is the most responsible for all of the best accomplishments we've ever had. Since I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, and since he has given me no reason to make baseless insinuations upon his character or his heart's intention, I think...yeah. I think I can trust what he has to say. Even if he is wrong, I think he has earned that much from me, considering I have no birthright to the success of Nebraska football and am only a beneficiary of it."

• Fire 4

NOOOOOOOOO....He was my top choice to come here, and many said he would never come here because he was committed to Boise St. This really now pis*es me off about our AD if Peterson was open to leaving Boise St.

That assumes Shawn Eichorst tried contacting him or other coaches, which in no way has been confirmed or even hinted at by any legitimate source.

Regardless, this is Washington. Peterson has always said he loved Boise, so Washington is by no means a destination job for him at this point, at least from the outside looking in. He could possibly be lured elsewhere if this turns out to be true.

He never got that chance too because he couldn't get the $$$$ needed for the buyout thanks to a certain old HC/AD who is more worried about his legacy than what is good for the program. So the hope is that after one more year of the same old sh#t, more people will open thier eyes and realize that this staff needs to be shown the door. And the buyout is approx 2M less.

Has it really gotten to the point where you're now blaming Tom Osborne for Nebraska's coaching problems? My goodness.

Or.

The hope is that throughout these last six years and throughout the next one more year, that people can have a little bit of humility and think,

"Well, Tom Osborne has given his life to this program for 39 years, had a part in every single notable thing we have ever accomplished, resurrected and reunited a fractured and dying program, and in general is the most responsible for all of the best accomplishments we've ever had. Since I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, and since he has given me no reason to make baseless insinuations upon his character or his heart's intention, I think...yeah. I think I can trust what he has to say. Even if he is wrong, I think he has earned that much from me, considering I have no birthright to the success of Nebraska football and am only a beneficiary of it."

whose quote is that? That is a great quote --- I like it a great deal.

Thanks.

Well stated, Landlord.

Enhance, in fairness, Tom Osborne has been the AD up until this past January, and he has picked two of our last three head coaches.

This feels like a hell of a missed opportunity for us, though. Chris Peterson is a BAMF, and so much for "he'll never leave Boise." Aw well.

Well stated, Landlord.

This feels like a hell of a missed opportunity for us, though. Chris Peterson is a BAMF, and so much for "he'll never leave Boise." Aw well.

People need to get this out of there heads. Peterson said no to quite a few jobs, and much like Urb, he had no interest in coaching at Nebraska. Some people need to remember that college football has changed, Nebraska unfortunately isn't the destination job it used to be, its no longer the 80s or 90s.

The Pac 12 South is pretty much sad. The North is going to be an absolute force. Oregon, Stanford Washington

Really? USC beat Stanford, Utah beat Stanford - no one in the North beat Stanford. Oregon got clobbered by Arizona, who is not considered to be amongst the South's best three teams (ASU, UCLA, USC). The South does have two weak teams - Cal and Colorado - but the North has Washington State and a streaky, inconsisten Oregon State. Most South teams are very tough to beat, especially at their home stadiums. (Utah beating Stanford is an example.) Also, do not forget that Nebraska lost at home to a South team, UCLA.

I will admit that the top TWO teams in the PAC-12 for the last 2-3 years have been two North teams, Stanford and Oregon. But in overall strength top to bottom I think the South is on a par, or at least very close to being on a par, with the North.

• Fire 1

The Pac 12 South is pretty much sad. The North is going to be an absolute force. Oregon, Stanford Washington

Really? USC beat Stanford, Utah beat Stanford - no one in the North beat Stanford. Oregon got clobbered by Arizona, who is not considered to be amongst the South's best three teams (ASU, UCLA, USC). The South does have two weak teams - Cal and Colorado - but the North has Washington State and a streaky, inconsisten Oregon State. Most South teams are very tough to beat, especially at their home stadiums. (Utah beating Stanford is an example.) Also, do not forget that Nebraska lost at home to a South team, UCLA.

I will admit that the top TWO teams in the PAC-12 for the last 2-3 years have been two North teams, Stanford and Oregon. But in overall strength top to bottom I think the South is on a par, or at least very close to being on a par, with the North.

Im thinking more futjre tense than present. Although the south did disrupt the party up north this year. I just think USC isnt going to be much better off with Sark, had a good vibe with Orgeron. UCLA is getting better bit has Mora already hit his ceili g? Doubtful but I cod see him bolting for NFL if UCLA doesnt win the league next year. The Zonas are a mystery to me. When you think they are good they suck and vice versa

funny, all the Bo ass kissers said he wouldn't come here..... but he came to WASHINGTON? This is why retarded people ruin everything for everyone else. Thanks Bo supporters, we get to keep our POS coach for another year. Enjoy losing 5 games this year and more next year...

Well that was uncalled for.

funny, all the Bo ass kissers said he wouldn't come here..... but he came to WASHINGTON? This is why retarded people ruin everything for everyone else. Thanks Bo supporters, we get to keep our POS coach for another year. Enjoy losing 5 games this year and more next year...

Wow. Just wow. Again, for those that missed it the first time PETERSON HAD NO INTEREST IN NEBRASKA!!!!! just because you wanted him doesn't mean he wanted you.

Your wishes mean nothing to the coaches who want nothing to do with this program. Washington was a good fit for Peterson, so he took the gig.

Wow. Just wow. Again, for those that missed it the first time PETERSON HAD NO INTEREST IN NEBRASKA!!!!! just because you wanted him doesn't mean he wanted you.

Your wishes mean nothing to the coaches who want nothing to do with this program. Washington was a good fit for Peterson, so he took the gig.

I am going to need proof of that statement.

UW just got a lot better. I really hope Eichorst at least made a call.

We'll never know, but this is really going to add fuel to the anti-Bo fire when one of the top guys that would be a great fit for NU was obviously available for pickup. It sounds like the AD is keeping Bo for next year, so that's not debatable, but when the question was raised (assuming Bo was not going to be retained) whether or not he should get to stay through the bowl game, this is the exact reason why. Coaching moves no longer wait for after the bowl season ends.

UW just got a lot better. I really hope Eichorst at least made a call.

We'll never know, but this is really going to add fuel to the anti-Bo fire when one of the top guys that would be a great fit for NU was obviously available for pickup. It sounds like the AD is keeping Bo for next year, so that's not debatable, but when the question was raised (assuming Bo was not going to be retained) whether or not he should get to stay through the bowl game, this is the exact reason why. Coaching moves no longer wait for after the bowl season ends.

Obviously available for pickup at Washington. Not obviously available for pickup at Nebraska.