2014 QB questions

Redmusky

Next year we go in with one QB with hand full of starts. The problem is he didn't even finish the season due to a injury I hope he no injury prone. My question can TA retain the job or will he lose to Stanton , is there a dark horse walk-on that could make it a 3 horse race? The whole season could resting on a TA or J Stanton with zero starts. Which one is the better passer and runner?

I hope Stanton is as good as advertised. I know he's a pretty tough runner. I see it going two ways. Either he's Pelini's kind of QB and gets some serious playing time or Pelini shows the world that he still has tunnel vision and just goes with TA.

I don't think TA has the game to keep the starting QB position locked down honestly especially if there's someone behind him with decent talent. If Stanton can show not so much that he has the tools to play because I think he does but moreso that he has some leadership skills, toughness and more consistency than TA has shown then who knows. He could be the man next year.

I hope Stanton is as good as advertised. I know he's a pretty tough runner. I see it going two ways. Either he's Pelini's kind of QB and gets some serious playing time or Pelini shows the world that he still has tunnel vision and just goes with TA.

I don't think TA has the game to keep the starting QB position locked down honestly especially if there's someone behind him with decent talent. If Stanton can show not so much that he has the tools to play because I think he does but moreso that he has some leadership skills, toughness and more consistency than TA has shown then who knows. He could be the man next year.

I just hope we don't go through another "Martinez" and plays til it's obvious he hurts us more than helps us. If TA still has fumbling issues and Bo can't be bothered to give another qb a try i would question whether or not he's trying to win games anymore.

We have 3 scholarship qBs here in January. Darlington is close to being cleared to play, and from everything I've read in interviews he plans on coming in Jan ready to compete to start. What I think happens is, he gets redshirted so he gets as much time to heal as possible, which would leave Ryker as the # 3. I see Stanton and TA rotating like TA and Kellogg until it becomes obvious who wins the spot. Unless of course one is better than the other.

Lets not give up on TA after a few starts. I love Stanton, but when TA learns to read defenses better, his INTS will drop and he will make quicker decisions. He is still very you g and has alot if room to improve. He has all the tools, just needs to learn to read defenses.

My heart and gut tells me Stanton is the man..... based on what I have been preaching all season, even after some of TA's best games. I have nothing against TA....if he is the best qb, then I will be excited to back him as our qb..... I am looking at Stanton's tools, his criteria and asset list coming out of HS, along with what the players and coaches have said about him on the scout team.... Standing on the sidelines and signaling in plays, watching and reading, being in every offensive 'team' huddle in time outs goes a LONG ways in his learning curve. Being in the system for what will be a over a year will allow him to know the offense as well as TA.

Problem is, my HEAD tells me that anyone saying that Stanton is BETTER than TA is basing it soley on their "heart and gut", like me. We have ZERO proof how good or bad he is, until he takes snaps in competition vs big time teams without wearing a green jersey in front of 90k + fans.

** Just for fun.....based on NOTHING......how long before Bubba pockets the $$$$ and realizes that doing his own laundry, riding a school bus, playing in front of 35 people isn't the life he thought it was going to be and decides to be the next Weeden and returns to Lincoln ?

TA will easily retain the top spot and will open all of your eyes right out of the gate next year. That's just my opinion.

I'm actually a bit surprised Stanton is getting so much love here, I don't know enough about him but he must be damn impressive.

It's scary to think, had Taylor not been injured, there's not a doubt in my mind with these coaches history of poor personnel management, we would be headed into next year with a Qb with no meaningful playing time. Scary to think in year 7, Bo's offense would be starting all over with a zero experience QB again. Not surprising but scary.

• Fire 2

TA will easily retain the top spot and will open all of your eyes right out of the gate next year. That's just my opinion.

I'm actually a bit surprised Stanton is getting so much love here, I don't know enough about him but he must be damn impressive.

It's scary to think, had Taylor not been injured, there's not a doubt in my mind with these coaches history of poor personnel management, we would be headed into next year with a Qb with no meaningful playing time. Scary to think in year 7, Bo's offense would be starting all over with a zero experience QB again. Not surprising but scary.

Stanton just has extremely impressive credentials and to me, seems to be the pro type of passing qb with the very good mobility... ala...Andrew Luck (NO, not saying he is as good as Andrew Luck, just the skill set). Being invited and performing well at the Elite QB camps in HS are an indication of his skill set.... once again, not proven AT ALL.... just hearing a great buzz from practice reports from media types...

You deserve a +1 for your comment on the whole "if Martinez was healthy" bit, because you are spot on with the fact that we would have ZERO experience with any of the returning qbs.... although my money is on the qb with zero experience..ha.

Good post...+1

I think Stanton has the ability to come in and win the job over TA if he has a grasp of the system? It will come down to who practices the best and shows a better grasp of the system and makes the best decisions like most any other year? I think Stanton is more of a power runner but has some speed as well. He is naturally bigger built than TA I think. Stanton is said to be a Tim Tebow look alike?