Will Bo Pelini ever win a National Championship at Nebraska (Poll)

Does Bo win a NC as Nebraska's Head Coach?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sd'sker, so do you consider yourself a pessimist with this view? I do not see myself as a pessimist and I have this view. I see it as more of a realistic perspective. I'm asking because I've been told several times lately that I'm a pessimist. If anything, I feel very frustrated because I think we have a team that could go far and perhaps win it all ... but it is all these mistakes that keep taking away the bigger ideal.

i am an eternal optimist and come next season i will hope against all hope that we somehow put it all together and find a way to at least get to indy and compete. but that is the delusional me.

however, i now feel like a pessimist because i see no reason to expect anything better than we have seen. which is 4 losses and getting blown out by any team worth a damn. personally, i just think i have seen enough, reached a threshold, and have ran out of patience and hope.

I voted No. Not because of his ability of coach but because of how the landscape in college football has changed. I don't think Nebraska will be winning any more national titles. I hate the SEC as much as the next but their is no sign of them slowing down.

Agreed. And the move to the B1G pretty much put the last nail in our national championship coffin.

:facepalm:

People seem to forget it took Osborne about 20 years before he won his first MNC title

People seem to forget that Osborne played for National Titles long before he won one. People seem to forget that Osborne had 18 top 10 finishes, 24 top 15 finishes and NEVER finished a season unranked. Osborne's teams never showed up unprepared and his staff was never out coached even though sometimes the Huskers were outplayed on the field.

Oh damn. Elf owned him.

If that's what you want to think. Right now, I couldn't give two sh#ts either way. It's f'ing football. It's entertainment. That's all it is. Whether Bo or the Huskers or a reincarnated Tom Osborne ever wins another National Championship has zero bearing on me. It has no affect on me.

It amuses me how wrapped around the handle people get when "their" team doesn't perform up to "their" expectations

I voted No. Not because of his ability of coach but because of how the landscape in college football has changed. I don't think Nebraska will be winning any more national titles. I hate the SEC as much as the next but their is no sign of them slowing down.

Agreed. And the move to the B1G pretty much put the last nail in our national championship coffin.

Yea. This. Now that we added Big East/AAC doormat Rutgers and ACC doormat Maryland. I'm sure the Big10's national perception will sky rocket. Ugh.

People seem to forget it took Osborne about 20 years before he won his first MNC title

People seem to forget that Osborne played for National Titles long before he won one. People seem to forget that Osborne had 18 top 10 finishes, 24 top 15 finishes and NEVER finished a season unranked. Osborne's teams never showed up unprepared and his staff was never out coached even though sometimes the Huskers were outplayed on the field.

Oh damn. Elf owned him.

If that's what you want to think. Right now, I couldn't give two sh#ts either way. It's f'ing football. It's entertainment. That's all it is. Whether Bo or the Huskers or a reincarnated Tom Osborne ever wins another National Championship has zero bearing on me. It has no affect on me.

It amuses me how wrapped around the handle people get when "their" team doesn't perform up to "their" expectations

Dude, he took your point and he sh#t on it. Get over it. I'm tired of hearing that TO argument used over and over again. It's stupid as f#*k. TO and Bo need to stop,being compared. PERIOD. They are so different on so many levels it's ridiculous, and I mean that beyond just the game of football.

If you view it as just a game, or entertainment, then the fact that you spent the time to create a username on a Husker Message board amazes me. Either you truly view it as simply that, or your full of sh#t and you take it overly serious like the rest of us idiots.

"THEIR" expectations? You mean the fans? Some fans expect to win titles every year. Some fans expect to compete for them every year. Some would like to win or compete for them once in awhile. Some would like to be rated every year, or top ten every year. Even once in awhile would be nice. Some just want to see a team that plays good football and doesn't look like a bunch of horses asses making the same stupid mistakes over and over. I'm somewhere in the middle of all of that. So your generalization. Of the fans is funny to me, as much time as you spend here you should realize fan hood is a general term as in we all root for the same team, but the expectations are hardly the same throughout.

That said, the teams should expect and strive to compete for a National Championship every year. Regardless of what the "fans" think.

• Fire 3

As fans, we hope beyond hope every single year that we will win championships. Conference champiosnships en route to national championships en route to reclaiming our glory years. In our heads, most of us can even rationalize week to week through the year how the team will win and get to the top of the mountain.

But wanting something and actually really thinking that it will happen are totally different things. I appreciate the optimism of most of the fans and have had my own share of kool-aid over the years, but if a third of the members of this board legitimately believes that Pelini will win a National Championship at Nebraska, then I'm sorry to say that a third of this board is legitimately bat$h!t crazy and detached from reality.

As fans, we hope beyond hope every single year that we will win championships. Conference champiosnships en route to national championships en route to reclaiming our glory years. In our heads, most of us can even rationalize week to week through the year how the team will win and get to the top of the mountain.

But wanting something and actually really thinking that it will happen are totally different things. I appreciate the optimism of most of the fans and have had my own share of kool-aid over the years, but if a third of the members of this board legitimately believes that Pelini will win a National Championship at Nebraska, then I'm sorry to say that a third of this board is legitimately bat$h!t crazy and detached from reality.

We would've played for one this year if Martinez was 100%. But your guano argument is compelling.

Meaning what exactly?

Meaning NU fans can be a fickle bunch and expect the team to win a MNC every damn year. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, Huskers fans can be a bunch of whiny-ass babies if things don't go the way they want them to go.

That's simple nonsense. It's a strawman you and the rest of the Bolievers have constructed so that you can try to claim that no matter what he does, Husker fans won't be satisfied. Most Husker fans I know would be happy with steady progress, no blowouts, contending for conference championships every couple of years and for national titles every 5 or so. And those are not unrealistic expectations for a school like Nebraska.

We would've played for one this year if Martinez was 100%. But your guano argument is compelling.

why did we not play for one last year?

VDZZStr.gif

Meaning what exactly?

Meaning NU fans can be a fickle bunch and expect the team to win a MNC every damn year. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, Huskers fans can be a bunch of whiny-ass babies if things don't go the way they want them to go.

That's simple nonsense. It's a strawman you and the rest of the Bolievers have constructed so that you can try to claim that no matter what he does, Husker fans won't be satisfied. Most Husker fans I know would be happy with steady progress, no blowouts, contending for conference championships every couple of years and for national titles every 5 or so. And those are not unrealistic expectations for a school like Nebraska.

That's the funniest thing I've read in awhile.