Will Bo Pelini ever win a National Championship at Nebraska (Poll)

Does Bo win a NC as Nebraska's Head Coach?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So much more goes into it then a simple yes or no. Schedule, others schedules, rankings, experience of players, etc.

The chances of him winning a NC anytime, whether it be at Nebraska or not are low. Just like every other coach in the nation.

Huskers had a 'favorable' schedule this year, according to just about everyone. Yet still managed to lose 4 games, 3 of them at home, and needed a hail mary to keep from having 5.

The future looks bright.

Was the experience there on defense? Its more then just one of the above happening in order to play, let alone, win a NC game. OSU might go undefeated and might not even make the BCS game just because the B1G has a bad perception.

I get your rationality on that. I guess my point was, NU is a long way from having to worry about that sort of problem. It'd be nice just to have that sort of issue.

:facepalm:

People seem to forget it took Osborne about 20 years before he won his first MNC title

Meaning what exactly?

Meaning NU fans can be a fickle bunch and expect the team to win a MNC every damn year. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, Huskers fans can be a bunch of whiny-ass babies if things don't go the way they want them to go.

I think you'd be pretty damn hard-pressed to find a Husker fan that realistically expects a National Championship anytime soon.

No, nothing leads me to think we can recruit and compete at a national championship level. We might win the BIG once in the next five years but thats our cieling right now, were not in SEC country or Texas, Oklahoma, or USC so recruiting is alot more difficult plus there is alot more parity in college football nowadays, I mean Baylor just won Big 12 and Duke played for the ACC championship.

I said no and 3 years or less. I'm not confident he'll be here that long.

I would've said yes and within three years if the media would leave him alone, fans would stop leaving early when we're getting blown out, if we never had injuries, if the 2010's weren't so wildly different than the previous 40 year time span, and if message board posters were more supportive. But there will always be "explanations".